1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Circa prices compared to other Downtown properties

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by tigers4life, Jun 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigers4life

tigers4life Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on a lot of zoom calls today and got an email you could book at Circa. It will be a while until I can go back to Vegas probably next summer, but I was wondering what would the rates be like. I played a game. I looked at all in rates at several properties. This is taxes and fees included. Except for El Cortez where I went with a Tower room vs a Pavilion, they are all the least expensive room you could get. The dates I picked were January 18 check out January 20. It will be interesting to see what this does long term downtown. THoughts remember this is Mid January no pool

Flamingo 546 (I put in one mid-level strip property for comparison)

Circa 472 (You get 10 percent off in coffee shot I think)

Golden Nugget 368 (they pick the room)

Plaza 215

Grand 248 but if you have AAA 214

El Cortez 201 I used a tower room here not a Pavilion one (one free Prime rib value about 14 bucks)

2. VegasSchemer

VegasSchemer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I figured it’d be high for a while after opening but $159 weekday downtown before taxes and resort fees during does seems high m as we get into April, May etc.

I was thinking it’d be $179/$109 weekend/weekday and maybe it’ll head there in the last half of the year but I’m just skeptical people will go for it at the $259/$159 range for very long.

I think of it as competing with GN and trying to steal some mid tier strip action (LINQ, Flamingo types) so the midweek pricing at least is quite a bit above that it seems from a quick glance.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully these rates are due to a phased opening and they only want to fill some percentage of their rooms initially. I'll wait and see what comes in the way of an introductory comp. I'm pretty high up the offer tiers at the D and assume there will be some sort of attempt.

4. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think the standard Circa room is comparable to the Rush Tower at the Nugget and when I selected a random set of weekday dates in February Circa was asking $159/night and the Nugget was asking $109/night for the Rush. Fifty bucks a night is too much of a difference, IMO, and I think maybe Circa is just trying to take full advantage of the "new kid in town" buzz. I hope Circa rates come down over time and at the very least I hope I can score some discounts by playing at the D and GG.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    supply and demand

Simple business.

And demand will be high - for awhile.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't pay for rooms in Las Vegas. I'll wait until I'm offered a comp.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. news423

news423 No Respect

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really surprised when I saw the rates today.

Hoping the rates wouldn’t be too painful and maybe I could justify on my next trip. But $179 the Monday after CES?

Yeah ... false hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Give it a minute.

9. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Nugget has 2400 rooms to fill. Circa has 777. They're going to play up the exclusive angle. It's boutique-ish.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know i'm in the minority or probably the only one actually lol, but i just feel like the Circa is going to be a bust. Sure when it opens it should be busy for a little while but long term i'm just not seeing it, this has been my thought pretty much since they even broke ground but now even more so after seeing the pricing..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. nfajgmbr03

nfajgmbr03 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heck when the Apache first reopened it was over $100 a night. The new kid in town will get a lot of attention and can charge a lot more initially. After a while it will settle down a little more. I can see them getting down to $100 or under a night during the weekend and mid $100s on the weekend. When the initial beauty fades so will the demand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I expect their prices to come down a bit after the newness wears off to align closer with those of the Rush Tower at GN. As far as the gambling goes, I think there's a happy medium between the $5 3/2 blackjack and craps tables you can find at some places downtown and the $25 3/2 tables and $15+ craps tables at a lot of places on the Strip. We'll see what range Circa comes in on that schema.

• Like Like x 1
  13. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, the Circa was supposed to be a more "upscale" property so I would assume it would be more competitive with the GN.

But it all depends on the economy and supply and demand. Until we can get back to "normal" everything is a crap shoot.

and yes, I miss the crap games, especially the $5 ones.

14. VegasFan14

VegasFan14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know you recognize you may be in the minority, but I disagree with this. My buddies and I go on a trip once a year or so and have never stayed off strip. We have considered Golden Nugget, but have never pulled the trigger. With Circa, though, it’s got pretty much everything we’re looking for, and we’ve joked that there’s no reason to leave the property once we’re there.

We’re big sports bettors, and, with all of Circa’s sports-focused amenities, I think they will
    have a real niche with that clientele. I do think the rates will come down a tad, though. Who knows: we’ll see what happens. I hope it’s a success.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would expect near double what some of the places charge. Maybe.

We do love to spend a night or two downtown now, but level of hotel is a bit on downer. If this place is upscale, it still gives us downtown at an overall price vs the strip. They have a real balancing act ahead with three different properties sort of competing with each other.

16. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When Steve Wynn was ready to open the mirage it was heard or read he had to MAKE a million a day to stay ahead of debt. Can’t recall but not thinking a billion with a B issue. He seemed to come through it but this was back in the day of the big S&R shows and new boy on the block too with the volcano and all that.
    Anybody know what it takes to make a payment on 1.? billion dollar loan for 30 years (or less)? I tried to use our old house payment but it was 10,000 times less and the interest rate was larger than today’s. :whistle:

17. BigShot55

BigShot55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One big plus for sports bettors downtown is that there are so many other books nearby which allows one to shop for the best line/odds. William Hill (at Plaza), Golden Nugget (still closed though), Boyd (Cal or Fremont), and El Cortez. Circa Sports typically does NOT have the best lines based on my past visits, but they do offer a better variety of prop bets.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HHW

HHW VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've booked for our trip next spring, and the rooms are pricey for downtown...will be watching prices with interest as the opening unfolds!

Trip 18: Carrie-ing on!
    Trip 19: Just the tip (of the Road Trip)!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.