1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's your wild life like?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Happygirl21, Jun 11, 2020.

1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I don't mind the geckos. I hate the 747 roaches. Even though I'm on the 25th floor I still get roaches coming into my apt. They mostly just use the warm air currents to get up that high.

But I feel sorry for the geckos. I had a few die on me since I don't have any leftover food lying around. Also not many ants and roaches so the geckos usually die of starvation. Then I find their carcasses a few days later.

2. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deer
    Bears
    Great Blue Herons
    American Bald Eagles
    Ducks
    Geese
    Horseback Riders
    Turkeys
    Snakes
    Lots of different bird species
    Frogs

3. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Geez, I thought this thread was going to be about nightclubbing in the days of C-19.

Rabbits, moles, deer, pigeons, obnoxious red squirrels, and one feral cat. Lazy ass eagles that circle but never land to eat. I'm lobbying for the local coyotes to come back. Oh, and the killer hornets are only two counties away.

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This guy seemed to be a bit annoyed that I disturbed his breakfast this morning.
    BCFF3974-173E-4D20-9C26-C56D7BA18C1A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are probably a few small animals hidden in my beard, after 3 months without a trip to my barber :cry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My brother has just moved to a small village just outside our hometown, and his gf filmed a Fawn at the bottom of their garden this morning.

Where I live (Dorset) there are a lot of farms, so there is plenty of agricultural wildlife, and lots of forest type wildlife around, too.

7. rm22

rm22 Gym Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What part of the city are you in? I'm way on the north side, almost near Evanston but do work in the loop.

8. dtmk66

dtmk66 Welcome to Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_20200308_090515517.jpg last fall

• Like Like x 8
  9. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I took a walk this morning and on one side was a freeway and the other side was the Pentagon so, well, none :( lol. Would love to see some of the stuff you guys posted above, I miss living in a more rural area.

10. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OH! I thought youse and Chrissy had enough with the Pine Barrens.

For what it’s worth, there are no hills in the Pine Barrens of NJ, this episode was filmed in North Jersey. There weren’t too many pines in the scene anyway.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. SMG

SMG VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on the NW side of the city, not too far from the Lincolnwood/Skokie area.

12. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turns out my roommate saw this guy living under our deck. Coyote urine deployed and apparently the next day one of my roomies saw him a few blocks away.

13. wesraft

wesraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where does one find a job collecting coyote urine? Asking for a friend.:poke:

14. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    D9117001-E7B8-4FDA-9B08-8163AAAFDD9A.png
    Spent the weekend in a cabin outside of Fredericksburg with a high school friend and her daughter last weekend. This pooch was on our porch waiting for us when we woke up Saturday. She stayed with us all day.

536EA57E-FC44-47C8-B775-48E539F96758.png

This girl let herself in our gate Sunday morning and hung around awhile. We fed her some peaches, she was a happy camper.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Like Like x 4
  15. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think he bought it at the True Value around the corner.

16. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to get a pic of the bunnies and lizards that sometimes show up in our area - there’s just enough natural space by us where we get the cute little things :thumbsup:

17. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reptile day at my house today. I'm working from home and imagine my surprise when a 2.5 to 3 foot snake slithered by in the living room. I relocated him outside peacefully but it was quite a shock and I had to first wrestle my pitbull and lock him in a bedroom because he went in immediate play/kill mode when he saw it. This is him with his head shoved under the dog bed where he just chilled for a while during the dog wrestling. Eastern Garter snake for the curious. Good creepy noodles. I believe he's still on my back porch right now hiding behind a cabinet.

20200619_101645.jpg

Then I went outside down toward my little dock pier. Jonas the alligator has recently taken a shine to sleeping on land under the shade of the dry side of my dock, and I almost stepped on his tail two weeks ago. Because it was sticking out and it took me until I made a large step over it to realize "well shit that was an alligator tail you just stepped over not a funny striped branch"

Anyway, Jonas was back sleeping there today but he startled and took off in the water before I could get a good picture. Here he is, mostly submerged, looking back as if to say "wtf is wrong with you, spooking me during my gator nap?!?"

20200619_184350.jpg

Oh, and as always, there's this guy running around sleeping and snoring, when he's not trying to kill uninvited guests. He pouted for a day or two when I got back from 3 days in Biloxi after not being alone more than an hour or two in a few months! Hes snoring right now. Loud.

20200620_002835.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was actually filmed at Bear Mountain in the Hudson Valley in New York.

• Like Like x 1
  19. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had geckos in two different hotels in Myanmar. The first one was so tiny and I tried to tell myself it was not a big deal, even though my brain wasn't buying it. But a couple of towns later, there was a very large one in my room and I had to run outside.

20. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO jealous of all the wonderful pictures! We are in suburbia, but on a mountain (hill by anyone else's standards) and we back a big greenspace. We had tons of critters previously, but they're busy clear-cutting everything...so less and less critters.

Our dream is mountain-living. Not rustic decor, but just lots of trees and acreage with critters galore, we just can't afford what we want yet.

This string brings me joy on what to expect. I LOVE critters big and small, and some day we'll have our little piece of land that we share with the four-footed locals, big and small!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020