1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Strategy approaching end of booking window

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by VegasJuan, Jun 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, we've got 22 days left in our booking window. As we inch closer and closer to the end of the window, there needs to be some discussion as to the best strategy to use. As I see it, we basically have 2 options (assuming most of us are Level 3):

1) For those who had a reservation cancelled due to covid, we can simply do nothing and hope/pray that Wynn honors what it said it would do regarding the re-booking of our original reservation.

OR

2) Cut our losses and simply book the 2 nights that the system currently allows us so that we at least get something out of this.

I know I'm the board pessimist but a part of me really thinks Wynn is waiting until the end of the window to say "gotcha."

2. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked 2 nights for October. I had 3 nights booked for Jul 4-7 and was going to then book October. Since that won't happen now for me and I only need 2 nights in Oct I'm not waiting to see if they would have let me rebook 3 nights. I'm not planning to ever buy back to level 3 so the rest of the gems will be used for buffets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Yes, it has been documented by several players that if you had a four night stay booked under the previous rules and it was cancelled because of Covid, you would be refunded all gems and be able to rebook all four nights with no penalty—I haven't heard of anyone who has been screwed, yet.

2. Not applicable—see #1.

If they are indeed in the "gotcha" mode, as you say, the game is totally dead—as you know, I have been an advocate of the game and even I would quit.

With that said, I absolutely expect them to honor their pledges. As for a strategy, I will continue to spend the $200 every 90 days because I plan on going at least 6 times a year and that gives me great value, especially since I always book weekends. If you only go once or twice a year I can't help you and my guess is you should stick with MyVegas or gamble a lot. And, by the way, it has also been documented that you can stay two nights (level 3) and then rebook on the day you check out for two more nights. I never stay that long so not my deal.

Right now, I'm at 9,300 crowns—regular play plus about 12 piggies—and will level up in the next 23 days, probably with two or three 30X bonuses. I have two nights in August to look forward to right now and will then book Breeders Cup weekend in November. The whole Covid thing has screwed me because I would usually try to get two 2-night stays out of each 90 day crown period.

Considering for several years I had been ekeing out comps with Boyd and staying in the crappy rooms at Gold Coast, Orleans, etc. I look at Wynn Slots as an incredible boon. I mean, really, are there any better rooms in Vegas? And, at less than $100 a night spread out over 90 days! I'm there. But, that's just me. Old retired guy who has even started cutting coupons.

Anyway, good luck VJ. Hope you get your money's worth.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  4. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah Michael I get what you're saying but the gems being refunded isn't the issue anymore. That's already happened. The issue now is basically whether one decides to trust Wynn's pledge that we can re-book our original reservation (which so far they haven't let anyone do) or do we just say screw it and book the 2 nights that we currently can book. If we let the window expire with no reservation, we are 100% at the mercy of Torpedo Labs and that is not a place I really want to be.

5. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, wasn't aware of that. My reservation window is closed because I'm already booked for August. Maybe this is a dumb question, but have you tried rebooking your four nights?

6. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait wait wait.. I don't think we are on the same page (or maybe we are). I had a 4 night reservation for early May scheduled (this was booked when L3 still allowed people to book 4 night reservations). Now L3 only allows people to book 2 nights. But since the reservations were cancelled due to no fault of our own, Wynn made the pledge that all of us, regardless of our current VIP level, would be able to re-book. However, anytime someone has emailed Wynn to re-book, Wynn responds that they are currently doing that and to check back later.

We've all been very patient but the issue now is that our VIP level will change in 22 days which will mean we won't even be able to book 2 nights which we can currently do. So it's really becoming a game of cat and mouse.

7. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked about rebooking my cancelled 4 nights, this was the reply I got. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, well, sounds like a wait and see. I'm sure you'll let us know if you get screwed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, we all have received the same thing. The problem is they've been saying this for several months now. I understand that Vegas just re-opened about 10 days ago, but I'm just not sure that Torpedo Labs has any clue how to go about doing this.

10. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I would book. I don't need my 3 nights but if I did and I didn't get an answer about booking the 3 nights, I would book the 2 nights. Then later if I was given the opportunity to book the 3 nights, I would argue that they should let me cancel my 2 nights without penalty and book the 3 nights. Or worse case, they should let me cancel the 2 nights with a penalty and book the 3 nights. If you have lots of gems, the possibility of the penalty would be worth the insurance that you would have at least 2 nights and the possibility of 3 or 4 if they honor their commitment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm leaning toward doing this. 4 nights is obviously better than 2 but I'd be quite upset if I ended up with 0 after all that I've put into this game.

12. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd book the 2, and then try getting the 4 down the line, Juan.

I might do that, actually. I want December, but if that hasn't been released by the time our VIP levels reduce, I'm going to book up for November, and hope that HGS goes ahead as planned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'll definitely wait it out until the final day but I will probably book the 2 nights at that point. Just can't trust Torpedo Labs and 2 is better than 0.

14. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, that's what I will do, too.

If I don't get to rebook my 4 nights I had for summer, I will contact Wynn directly, or speak to them when I'm there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At seemingly every possible point thus far, the team running this game has found a way to make it worse and more difficult for the players so everyone who can should book NOW. They may have told players they could rebook the same number of nights but who knows? Do they even have the proper information to know what bookings were cancelled and the ability to make the player accounts able to do this? They could also put some sort of time limit on the rebooking which has the potential to screw over players due to Coronavirus concerns/travel bans.

Honestly the game could just get cancelled completely at any time and we're all left with nothing. If Wynn is losing a lot of money from the current conditions they may not want to be giving these free rooms and buffets away any longer.

I'm level 2 with 17,764 gems so I'm sort of stuck in between. If the game is still alive in its current state in October and I decide to go I'm just going to pay the $200 to be level 3 and book 2 nights plus buffets to try and use up as much as I can. If the 2 nights/check out/2 nights is still a thing I'd definitely do that. I just don't want to feel I wasted tons of hours and some money on this game for nothing so I almost feel obligated to find a way to use what gems I have. I think many others are feeling the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take this for what it’s worth...I’m quickly moving to the camp that they are stalling until most folks last 20ish days run out, then they’ll find a way to wiggle out of honoring our prior level reservations...I’ve been emailing just to keep seeing if their response changes....start at the BOTTOM:

Thank you for getting back to us.

As we are not started rescheduling previously canceled booking currently and also booking calendar is available for booking up to November 2020, you can book according to your current VIP level.

Please note if you made a new reservation, you would be able to reschedule the canceled nights for later dates after redeeming the new reservation. If you are not interested to make any new reservation, in that case kindly wait for the update regarding the reschedule. We will get back to you once there is an update

We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
    Thank you,
    - Your Friends at Wynn Slots

On Tue, 16 Jun at 6:45 AM , D@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Hello,
    This email is incorrect. Your previous promise to me - which YOU replied below, states that I would be able to reserve the same number of nights as were cancelled due to Covid, and before you changed the rules. I am currently only able to reserve 2 nights. How do I reserve the 3 nights as you promised?

On Jun 16, 2020, at 9:02 AM, Wynn Slots <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear ......
    Thank you for getting back to us.

We have not started rescheduling any booking currently, and we will get back to you once there is an update. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

We are delighted to inform you that Wynn Las Vegas has been open since June 05, 2020, to welcome the honorable guests. As our booking calendar is available for booking up to November 2020, you can book according to your current VIP level. Kindly tap on the "Crown" icon on your Lobby screen, to find out the "Benefits" associated with your VIP Level.

We hope this information was helpful. Keep Spinning! Good Luck!
    Thank you,
    - Your Friends at Wynn Slots

On Tue, 16 Jun at 5:11 AM , .....@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Hello,
    Any updates on this issue? I would very much like to be able to make our reservations in October for the 3 days as you have promised. Can we do this now? I would be glad to provide the dates via this email if you would accept in this way? I will be running our of time soon before you again lower my level and would like to book before that occurs.

17. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to book 3 nights in November before mine runs out.

Then ask for the 4 nights I had to cancel next month, in December.

If they're not going to in fact do that, I'd take it up with the Wynn directly and explain how the company they have associated themselves with is being most awkward in allowing the customer base to be made whole.

The stuff like making things harder, and reducing values I've never been bothered by, as most will know. We all knew it was coming, even if we didn't know how quickly it would go from being too good to be true, to very tough to profit from, and I lost out a few times due to the implementation of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've actually been in touch with a very nice and responsive lady at the Wynn Resort (I'm not giving out her details). But she has been working on my behalf to force Torpedo Labs to re-book my reservation that I had prior to covid. She has emailed them and called them and given them a directive to re-book my reservation.

And guess what? Torpedo Labs has told both her and I to buzz off and they will re-book when ready. Torpedo Labs has gone completely rogue here.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  19. Toomuchcoffee

Toomuchcoffee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other thing they don't seem to acknowledge is that vip 3 and above means you can book several times in a month. Not just one trip. I paid for that ability which I will lose in about 20 days. It isn't their fault the canada-u.s border is closed but it would be nice to acknowledge their users who put in real money.

20. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It isn't their fault but it isn't yours either. So who wins in that situation? I say the customer should win.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.