1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anybody flown recently?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by hotreds, May 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's a question for those who have flown recently.

Has anyone personally been required or hassled to do any kind of "quarantine" when flying from one US state to another? I'm interested in first-person reports only please, not FOAF or social media reports of same. Thanks.

2. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know @dmr quarantine is based on the specific state you fly into or from. I have not encountered this flying to or from Los Angeles.

Masks are required at LAX and all on my flight. We got goody bags with water and snacks, no big deal. Restaurant openings are depending on airport and selection.

3. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went from DC to Dallas and back last week, did not have any sort of quarantine. The DC airport is in Virginia (Arlington) for what it's worth, and once I got back neither there nor Texas made me do anything insofar as quarantine. I got in a chauffeured van in Dallas, and into an uber to go back to my home in VA.

Experience with TSA was fine, I scanned my own boarding pass and did the same for when I was boarding (SWA) from my phone. I had a mask on in the airport for what it's worth, so I wasn't standing out in the first place.

Nobody asked me what I was doing/hassled me either in either state.

I was limping, however, due to tearing my meniscus the other day when I fell into a pot hole during a jog (don't ask)...so people may have been looking/snickering because of that, but it had nothing to do with COVID lol.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been traveling with wipes for several years now wiping down the table tops, back of the seat in front of me and the arm rests, plus my hands when done. I wish we could bring our on water on board too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a hard time with my current mask. Granted it is so thick it is probably best suited for winter time so I will try to get a medical kind like dentists. Anybody else have a hard time and found a solution?

6. redfury

redfury Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hard time? Yes. Solution? No. I respect the requirements put in place by businesses and will just patronize others except the airlines, which I’ll abide by as requested

7. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our work picked up some knock off KN95’s from one of our suppliers, I have a few I’m keeping in my car for trips to the grocery store, but I find them a bit hard to breathe in so I sure wouldn’t use those for a flight to Vegas. Our local HEB grocery store had a 10 pack of the blue ones for $10.99 and I wore one yesterday when I went for a mani pedi. I know they aren’t as effective as the others, but comfort wise, those will be the ones I choose for flying. I shouldn’t have an issue on the flight home since I’m asleep before they shut the door, but I have a hard time sleeping on the way there.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  8. redfury

redfury Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    N95s are too much for me for anything longer than a short period of time. I have some simple surgical masks that really don’t do anything other than offer the appearance of something. Those I plan to take with me for when a mask is required so it doesn’t restrict me much

• Like Like x 2
  9. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely not trying to fight this. I am fine with a mask. The one I have is legit made for wintertime, LOL, based on the thickness of it! I have a hard time with 20 minutes of it. Just trying to think of a solution for a 4 hour flight... which I think would be those masks worn by medical professionals........ Just my thought

10. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what airline will no let you bring water on board?

Gotta win this trip.
    Win more where you play more.
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came across this on USATODAY - no idea of how current or accurate. https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2020/05/25/coronavirus-travel-restrictions-us-states-quarantine-requirements/5256975002/

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those lists have been floating around and do give the actual requirements. What I'm interested in are any first person reports of it actually happening, as in somebody actually stopped by some authority and made to go into quarantine. It appears, to me, anyway, that those incidents are few and far between.

13. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like someone that has flown Southwest to let us know if you can bring a drink (alcoholic) purchased at the airport on the plan. It's a long flight from Houston to Vegas with a mask and only canned water.

Gotta win this trip.
    Win more where you play more.
  14. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And if southwest is keeping the middle seat empty on flights

15. Romanova

Romanova Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep us posted. We are also thinking about a trip from Houston to Vegas at the end of July and will be flying Southwest...

16. redfury

redfury Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Southwest next week. Don’t know about the drink. Another poster said they’re keeping the middle seat empty but didn’t sound like they’re enforcing it if you’re traveling with someone in your household

17. subafrk

subafrk Longing to be sipping a Scotch at the Cromwell...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious about this also. I'll be flying in a couple of weeks and will report back if nobody else does.

I'd like to think so, but I don't know. I do know that I just tried to book from PHX to LAS for Thursday 6/4 but they are completely sold out and it looks like Friday 6/5 is just about also. So my assumptions would be either they are limiting capacity or a bunch of people from Phoenix are ready for Vegas to open up.

18. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry my bad, I didn't mean on board, I meant my own water through TSA security.

19. Zacharius

Zacharius Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FAA rules prohibit any alcohol not served by a flight attendant, so no. That rule hasn’t changed. You can bring alcohol onboard (like how many people bring mini liquor bottles as their liquids allotment), you just can’t open/consume it.

20. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your not supposed to, but, there's lots of things we're not supposed to do. I always just put my liquor bag full of airplane bottles in my backpack and grab one when I want it. If you need a mixer, just buy a coke or whatever and make some pre-made cocktails in the airport bathroom before you get on board. If you don't, slug it back or take a sip and put it back in your bag/pocket. Discretion is key and of course if you get caught always play dumb to the rule lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.