1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Halloween Weekend 2020

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by LVRaiders, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes. If you are reading this the day I am creating this thread, it is mid April. We are over six months away from the ideal timing of arrival, however we are living in unprecedented times. Many of us have had Vegas trips scheduled for this Spring already disrupted. So to keep things positive, drop a note if you will (or might) be planning a trip during Halloween weekend.

This year Halloween falls on a Saturday. I will be heading into town Thursday night 10.29, and stay hopefully until Monday 11.2. A full weekend of sports gambling (college and NFL football), plus hopefully a chance to do some touristy things i have never done in Vegas because frankly I took being able to go freely out there for granted.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

April Trip
    Last Minute
  2. Ninjamom

Ninjamom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been thinking about it and checking prices. We went last year for Halloween for my 40th birthday but it was a little chilly for me, I might want to go late Sept this time so I can enjoy a little more time in the pool. still undecided either way until we know for sure about when we can open our tattoo shop back up. No income probably =no vegas this year. :cry:

3. MIA_305

MIA_305 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never thought of visiting Vegas during Halloween. I can imagine everyone is in costumes walking the strip.

4. smbrake

smbrake Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked my Halloween trip today! Gonna be there Oct 29-Nov 3 at Planet Hollywood! Wondering what Vegas will be like for Halloween. Have to figure out a costume!

Mini Solo Getaway
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Halloween has been a staple weekend for me to be in Vegas - Phish has quite a history of shows in Las Vegas, but even more notably the Halloween concerts, which some vintages are among the greatest rock performances by any band EVER.

It's been an "every other year" event since 2014: So 2014, 2016, 2018, at MGM Grand Garden, and from all inside accounts was to be again this fall. The present circumstances, however, shed a lot of doubt as to whether such an event would even be possible, let alone officially announced at this point with all of the requisite doubts.

I bought the flights, have the room booked (wanted that locked down before the NFL schedule was announced which would pump prices higher if Halloween was a Raider home game weekend) and presumably had a base plan locked in - then CV came along and put everything in doubt.

Under normal circumstances it's one hella fun freakshow on Halloween, but we'll see how that might play out this year. I am keeping keen eyes on the situation. Either we go because the Phish Halloween show is happening or we might go just to decompress for a few days if not.....or just put the trip off indefinitely - depending.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be there as usual. :woohoo:

Been going at that time of year for over a decade.
    Room is booked (actually need to decide between a few reservations).
    Flight out is booked. I'm waiting for SW to open their schedule past 10/31 to book return flight.
    Race tickets from canceled race in April have been rebooked for October.

It's always a fun time. Last time Halloween was on a Saturday it was crazy. This year Halloween is also on a Full moon. Not sure what it will be like this year, but am hoping for the best. I've got to have something to look forward to.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:

So 10/31 is a race weekend (theoretically) in Vegas? What race would that be (as I keep score as to other events being moved to "that weekend")?

8. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The race would be the NHRA drag race event out at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Technically it is not being moved to that weekend as it was always scheduled to held October 29- November 1.

We were going to the Spring event that they race at the beginning of April each year, but that was canceled for obvious reasons. Our funds from those tickets were applied to our tickets for the Fall event.

9. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my late Summer trip is a flop, this is my next target date. Almost certainly at Cosmopolitan. Time will tell. I do love Halloween!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  10. mescalita

mescalita old and in the way...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few years ago we got “stuck” in Las Vegas because of flooding at Austin airport control tower. Halloween on Fremont was an absolute blast!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can confirm. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This intrigues me very much! The last few years at home have been a complete BUST. We used to go all out and decorate our garage and turn it into a mini haunted house. It was so fun for the kids and many of them would drag their parents back to our place year after year. We even had shots for the adults. The last 2 years in particular the turn out made the effort just not worth it anymore. Even though the weather has been amazing. A trip to the motherland to play with all the adults sounds like a blast. We don't enjoy DT much, but anyone that has been there for this weekend what is the experience like? I bet it is just so much fun. Is there any noticeable different around the strip? This could be doable!

13. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ahhh, OK. It's good to know of competing events - one more reason that the early booking was a good play in theory, as Phish + NFL + Race = some real demand in LV that weekend.

Halloween in Vegas was a complete game changer. Prior to Phish doing Halloween shows that holiday was pretty much ignored since youth, that event rekindling the holiday into a form of rock and roll holiness. Vegas being a venue more than anything else it became the perfect backdrop for such an event. The 1998 version not only was one of the best rock and roll shows I've ever seen, the backdrop couldn't be better as the subsequent til-dawn celebration was tailor made for a place like Vegas.

No matter your interest Halloween just adds another "spin/flavor" to the proceedings. Just a little more freak show, just a little more zip.

14. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will find costumes everywhere. Lots of "slutty (insert vocation here)" costumes on the ladies. You'll see at least a dozen Alan's from Hangover, with the baby carrier. One of my favorite moderators here went as Captain Morgan once, which I thought was awesome, but I don't know if I'm allowed to share pics. ;)

Fremont Street is a party atmosphere, and the costumes add to that. If you are Downtown-adverse, maybe don't go as it's a little "extra" downtown-y. But you'll find plenty of costumes on The Strip too. It's a great people watching time.

15. Audible Nectar

Trips to Las Vegas:

..........and don't forget, everyone's favorite Las Vegas costume, in look and deed -

Hunter S. Thompson

:D:D

16. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How could I forget the F&LILV Hunter costume?! It's been too long since a Halloween trip, I guess. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.