1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

JR and Gaggles Honeymoon!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Gaggles, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just hope that Florida will allow you to dock. Guess as long as your boat doesn't have anyone with the coronavirus they should allow you to dock. There are some other ships that Florida won't allow to dock since they have people with the virus.

2. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sidebar. Spring in Alberta, Canada this afternoon.
    [​IMG]
    And tonight. Are you f!cking kidding me???
    [​IMG]

I Like to Drink and Gamble
    • Wow! Wow! x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hoping for a good conclusion!

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their trip isn't "live" thank God. They were able likely to get out with only a moderate inconvenience. Florida was less concerned about Covid-19 at this point. Thankfully for @Gaggles and @JR Gaggles, it looks like they are home safe now. Given the time of the report, "just in time", like a true gambler. Stay safe!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least now we know you aren't still out there, floating around somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will finish off this adventure tonight or tomorrow. JR and I still on quarantine and have barely been out of the house for 13 days. JR was feeling sick and actually went to get a drive thru COVID test and we are still awaiting results. She is "coughy" and sniffy but otherwise fine. I feel like a million bucks but I could sure use a good gym workout.

• Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope JR is ok; keep us posted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, what an adventure! As usual it looks like y’all still had a blast! Funny coincidence, on our honeymoon many years ago we sailed out of Miami and hit San Juan, Tortolla, Virgin Gorda, and St. Thomas.

Also, count yourself lucky to be home. I have a buddy who’s been stuck on the Zaandam for about a month now. You should read up on them, they’ve been covering it in the news.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  9. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fingers crossed. Hope @Gaggles replies soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shall we finish this? First things first. JR got her COVID test back and it was negative. We have been off quarantine for 2.5 days which is great. But not a lot to do out there in the world so life hasn't changed appreciably. After two weeks of working at home I am on the fence as to how much I like it. However, in lieu of how many people are out of work, I am not complaining. I am merely making an observation. I hope all of you who aren't working get back to work soon and do not have to dip into your Vegas bankrolls to get through this stupid ass COVID. Okay, let's finish this off shall we??

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our 7 day cruise was not a 9 day cruise. We had mentioned just last night that we wished we had one more night at sea and our wish was granted. In fact it was granted and doubled. I was really pushing my liver into the Gaggles Wedding Zone is September. To recap, our wedding in September had me drunk for literally 12 consecutive days, breaking my record of 11 days on a New Orleans.NCL cruise about 3-4 years ago? This trip took place days after I met JR for our first date. So as you can all see, she is a VERY bad influence on me. So what did we do for day 8....?????

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a lot of stuff similar to this, only with more beer and squishy drinks. My apologies for very few pics. I had deleted a lot of pics and had no plans to ever post this trip report.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This guy was nice enough to always be there to keep JR company whenever I wasn’t around. He actually turned out to be a pretty good cat. [​IMG]

15. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can’t remember exactly what we did this night. I think it was more dueling pianos and comedians with just a dash of “gamble”. The bad thing was I gave back some that I won the night before. Missed everything on Triple Double. I am proud to say on night 9 at the video poker bar tops I ordered my usual Bud Light and Fireball shot to start the night and I was told that was the last Fireball in his bar. Mission accomplished!!!

It was two more days of eating and drinking and relaxing. The wifi never did work on our phones.

NCL really took care of things. They arranged for 30-40 buses to meet us in Port Canaveral and drop off at Orlando airport and they chartered a free plane ride to Puerto for everyone who needed to go back.

The also offered to pay a reasonable difference on flight prices for those who had to book new flights home. I thought that was really stepping up.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone ever try to get off a boat??? What a shitshow!!! And we even waited two hours after the departures started. If one person on that had COVID, we all would have had it in that mosh pit of departure.

Pulling into Canaveral.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Despite the buses to the Orlando airport, I kept my one way rental as we still weren’t sure when we were gonna got home. I did have a room booked for today in Orlando but we were still toying with a road trip somewhere. At one point we debated a drive to New Orleans. At the time we were unaware of the deteriorating conditions there. So as we debated next steps we saw this....and our afternoon plan was more beach!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car rental was quick and painless and despite the reservation for a compact, we hit a 2020 Escape Hybrid. Fabulous vehicle and a very very smooth ride. I’m in the market for a new vehicle and I rather liked this one. Anyways, we perked the car and went beaching. Again.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Wallew

Wallew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you're back with us. You had some of us worried when you left off with the covid testing then no reply for a few days.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was strolling along when I almost stepped on this. I thought it was a blue plastic sandwich bag or something. I was advised otherwise in short order by a helpful stranger it was anything but!!! Thank goodness I didn’t pick it up or kick at it, thinking it was garbage. It was a small Man of War. I’d never seen one before but I saw about 4-5 before the day was over.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Wow! Wow! x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.