1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest flexible policies email

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Laugh, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn. Complete opposite of the email I got from Southwest today.

"
    A message from our SVP and Chief Marketing Officer, Ryan Green

To our valued Customers,

There is no higher priority to our entire Southwest Family than the Safety of our Customers and Employees. We are in close communication with medical professionals, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), government agencies, and internal teams to stay on top of this evolving situation. According to the most recent information from the CDC, for most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low.

We want you to feel confident when traveling with Southwest Airlines. As a result, we have enhanced some of our cleaning procedures in the interest of our Customers' and Employees' health and safety.

Aircraft Cleaning: We spend between 6-7 hours cleaning each aircraft every night, and, as of March 4, 2020, we have enhanced our overnight cleaning procedures. Typically, we use an EPA approved, hospital-grade disinfectant in the lavatories and an interior cleaner in the cabin. Now, we are expanding the use of the hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the aircraft, and it will be used in the cabin, on elements in the flight deck, and in the lavatory. This goes beyond the standard CDC guidelines.

Also, we equip each of our aircraft with a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, which filters out recirculated air onboard each plane to remove airborne particles. HEPA filters are also used in hospitals to provide patients with clean air.

To learn more about our enhanced aircraft cleaning procedures, visit our blog for a detailed overview, along with a video and photos of the process.

In addition, I want to take a moment to remind Customers of our flexible policies. These policies have always been in place at Southwest Airlines and provide our Customers peace of mind every day. We never charge Customers a fee to change or cancel (though fare differences might apply) their flights. If your plans change or if you decide to postpone your travel, the funds used to pay for your flight can be applied to future travel as long as you cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. The funds are valid for future travel up to one year from the original purchase date and must be used by the individual named on the ticket. Hopefully, these policies provide comfort to all of our Customers that they can book travel on Southwest as normal, and, if the circumstances change in the future, they can alter their plans without the penalty of a fee.

Rest assured, we are monitoring this developing situation closely, staying in regular contact with federal agencies, health organizations, and other experts. We've developed a host of resources to keep you informed and updated along the way, including our Travel Advisory on southwest.com and our Company blog, and we'll continue to post updates as this situation evolves.

Thank you for your patience and trust in Southwest Airlines. We are prepared to navigate through these challenging circumstances with your safety and confidence in Southwest Airlines at the forefront of everything we do.

We look forward to seeing you onboard soon,

[​IMG]
    Ryan Green
    SVP & Chief Marketing Officer

"

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got that one too. Another reason why I'm a dedicated Southwest customer for domestic travel.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Southwest is insanely amazing. I've never had an issue, and they're really nice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. stlguy197239

stlguy197239 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, 1000%. If possible, I will always fly SWA, even if it cost a few bucks more.

5. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wait till they lose your luggage on an international flight

these airline threads are always subjective

6. BACHTravel

BACHTravel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest does not fly internationally. That's partly why their stock has been less battered than the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure about that

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is incorrect. I've personally flown from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau on Southwest.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
  9. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean technically Southwest has international flights. But Central America and the Caribbean aren't the same as Japan, Europe. Entire other hemisphere, lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Southwest does fly to other countries, but not what most Americans would consider a true "international carrier".

This is the SWA route map.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, SWA does have some intl flights - but limited as the above map shows. Nothing like the big carriers are dealing with.

In case it was not clear, UA is letting people use those funds within the year - but this is not the same as SWA. The policy is when the AIRLINE cancels the flight, not the passenger. They are just nuts.

Meanwhile, Delta updates their policy earlier today. Even if you booked flights prior to March, you can change and they will waive fees. This is addition to what many have offered on flights booked this month and then you want to change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats the difference, my point is everyone in these threads is in love with an airline until they do something poorly. Just trying to show they all have faults.

Guess I flew on MysteryAir from Punta Cana last October

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to the letter - just about everything in it is their normal practice. I think the only news was additional cleaning - right?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fix the boarding process and maybe the get off the "Permanently Sucks" list. Until then, they stay on the list.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    14 international destinations in an article I read from 2018

16. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flew SW quite often from B'more- direct. Cinci doesn't really have any direct flights, so I need to look elsewhere.

17. thebeachbum

thebeachbum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Southwest flight leaves for Vegas a week from today. Have not even considered canceling the trip. They will do what they can to keep me and others safe. I'll do what I can to stay healthy and win money.

Need a good trip this time
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow. The boarding process is one reason I like SW. To each their own.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree! :) I've yet to have a bad experience and hope to never have one. All I can do is stay positive about it.

20. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We also got a similar email from Spirit (which we never fly). SW is the only airline we fly and I trust them to do the right thing. They're the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.