1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots App update - fewer crowns, no rooms bookings until level 3

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by aliasyoshi, Feb 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veratio

Veratio Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its more than 200 usd if you are in Sweden. About 220 usd if you convert it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ninjavegas

ninjavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time to make a decision, I guess. Spend $105, $100 plus the piggy bank to get to level 3 book something and be done, or be done. After much play, I was going to hit the 10,000 crowns this weekend to keep level 2. Now I will not even be able to do that in the 16 days remaining...I need 250.

3. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much money have you spent for all that?

4. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have, somewhat, defended the changes based on the fact I think there is still value depending on your situation and, we knew it couldn't last forever.

On the other hand, to think that the decision makers of companies like this actually give one single damn what their customers think is just pissing in the wind.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. I have enough gems so running out of chips isn't an issue in my situation. I was holding out until the last day of the current cycle to see if I could get my spend down to $20, which will now be $120. More likely $130 because I can't earn enough crowns at this point.

I'll spend the $130 for a four night stay and likely be done with the app. Really happy that I will have stayed 7 night for less than $150 all in.

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely a good value for a first time visitor or a visitor who doesn’t gamble (or at least not much). Which also goes against logic to me. They want the gamblers and people who will spend money. To me this might end up shoving more people who are trying to just get a room for $200 their way. Yes, they still have to earn gems but they only need enough for that trip. They don’t need to get to 25,000.

7. TuscaloosaJohnny

TuscaloosaJohnny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely don’t think it’s likely, just being hopeful. [emoji6]

8. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I currently have 25K gems. I bought my way up to level 3 today with a $15 purchase. My VIP points will reset to zero in 15 days, but I will remain at VIP level 3 for an additional 90 days. My plan is to book a future 4 night stay for May/June /July during this timeframe. Hopefully I'll be able to book another 4 night stay/$200 for December or early next year. At that point I will be done with the game as I only have 300M remaining and trying to earn gems at level 123 is a waste of my time. If I can play out this scenario I'll be satisfied with my time/dollars invested in the Wynn app. I just hope there isn't another radical change to the game like this one. Just to add, I totally understand the frustration expressed on this thread, as I share your concerns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with you. I'm booked for next month and want one more stay later in the year so will spend the $50—I was already at 15k when they made these recent changes—to get to level 3, but after that, I really can't see spending time and $200 on it every time I want to book—and like you said, once you get to a level over 100 it's just too slow trying to earn gems. It was a nice run while it lasted though. I would have never stayed there otherwise.

Final Four/Santa Anita Derby
  10. AndyG

AndyG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's my dilemma. I'm at 9034 VIP points at level 1 with 15 days to go until the next cycle. I would have been
    able to get to level 2 within those 15 days at the previous earning levels then book my nights between Mar. 13th and June 13th ( @ 90 days ).

I've spent just over $72 cnd so far. So what option do I take:

1. Bite the bullet and spend $135 or a bit more to get to VIP 3 ( Hoping they don't devalue any more )
    2. Throw that money away with the knowledge that I got 2 free nights last year.

I have 6100 Gems and over 5.6 Billion in coins, So I should be able to get enough gems for at least 3 nights.

11. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm assuming since you already spent money in the game to progress toward a point where you could book a room then you already know you were going to Vegas. It becomes a simple issue of math and value at that point. You are going to spend $210 CDN or so for three nights at a premium property. Now, I say it's a premium property, but you have your own opinion of where you like to stay. Perhaps the location is not to your liking or you prefer the restaurant options elsewhere, etc... only you know that. Have other properties offered you better or comparable comps on rooms?

If you like the Wynn and aren't completely comped elsewhere then I'd say spending the additional $135 is a steal compared to just the resort fees you will pay elsewhere. Only you can decide the value of spending the additional funds compared to what other options will cost you.

I guess I'd look at it like this, you have to write off what you already spent one way or the other, so where are you gonna stay for three nights for $135 all in? I don't even know if you can stay at Circus Circus for that much (and I certainly wouldn't).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nowhere! Laughlin could be a bit cheaper at the Colorado Belle or Pioneer. But almost any place in Vegas has at least a $25 resort fee and doubt you could get a three night rate for $60. Not even the hostel north of The STRAT is that cheap.

Final Four/Santa Anita Derby
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So here I am. Instead of sleeping, I’m wondering about how many of their support personnel will quit tomorrow. Can you imagine arriving at work to several thousand pieces of hate mail? It could take out the best of them.

They had the standard pre-Fab auto reply on Friday. But then invited people to give suggestions (or whatever it said). Can you imagine some of the responses they will get back? Many suggestions probably physically impossible.......

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Boydstun

Boydstun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct- but if you are breaking piggy banks - etc, could go over 200

15. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boo! This is sad news. I was trying to accumulate enough for 4 nights, but I give up. They keep moving the goalpost. Just redeemed 2 free buffets for my August trip, so I guess I’m basically done. Good news is that we’ll have a nice outing with a buffet, day gambling and we’ll finally get to the Peppermill for fire pit drinks.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What dates in August does it go up to please? I can’t see it due to a May buffet.

17. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look here to request king calendars and here already has August for doubles (I know because I requested it lol).

18. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I realize that the thought may have been "tongue in cheek", but the answer is . . .none. If you are in the support business (as I have been for almost 40 years), you have to have a thick skin. I tell people that want to take up being in the support industry that if you can't go a day or two or maybe even a week without someone telling you that you did a good job, you may not be cut out for this business. You have to go home every day, convinced that you did a good job.

That is why when a telephone support person does a good job, most times I ask to be handed to their supervisor so I can tell the supervisor that they got a "Bravo Zulu".

From the wiki . . .

"The combination of the Bravo and Zulu nautical signal flags, i.e., Bravo Zulu, also referred to as "BZ," is a naval signal, typically conveyed by flaghoist or voice radio, meaning "Well Done" with regard to actions, operations or performance. In addition to U.S. naval forces, it has also been used as part of vernacular slang within NATO and other Allied naval forces."

• Like Like x 2
  19. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I can’t see the calendar anymore either now that I booked my buffets. Pretty sure the calendar ran through the month of August.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  20. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you! Compliments are not given often enough any longer. A lost art. I actually am putting Thank You cards in my travel bag this trip so I can write one up when I find an opportunity that deserves it.

I am pretty thick skinned (I'm not a phone rep but our entire business is a 'service' business), but I see a lot of the newer employees have whiny fits because they had someone get upset with them. The inner part of me keeps my mouth shut while saying to myself, 'listen princess you haven't seen anything yet - just wait' lol. I just had to problem solve one of those week before last where worker went rambling through complaining with what they had to put up with. Well, myself and another coworker figured out the problem, dealt with the customer and got things worked out. And the customer did (after we resolved everything), apologize to the initial worker - apologies are another lost art.

I just picture more of the staff they hired as the 'I'm too good for this' type of person. And not even sure why I have that mental picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.