1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Boyd doesn't match room prices!

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Bernie2, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyd told me today that they don't match hotel rates. This surprises me somewhat as I've found them to be flexible in the past. That being said he who has the gold makes the rules.

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you mean a third party price you saw on line (for example) or a competitor? I’m confused

o_O

3. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure they mean from third party sites.

4. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really does seem like Boyd isn't going to stop until they alienate every last customer.

5. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These 'best rate guarantees' only exist to train the customer to book directly, so this is a really dumb move on their part. If people start to realize that they are more expensive directly over booking elsewhere they are just throwing 25% of their room rate revenue out the window.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it's 3rd party.

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's supposed to be a tier benefit
    https://www.bconnectedonline.com/tier-benefits

Not sure who you talked to, but it's listed on their site that they do. You may need to contact a host and ask them to honor their tier benefits.

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To tell you the truth most of the downtown hotels do not price match. This is not new, been that way for a long time. I know people want to rap Boyd, especially for their new system but this non-price matching is SOP for most of the downtown hotels.

Prior to me becoming Sapphire last year I would use 3rd party sites to book my downtown rooms. The last few years I found better or similar rates booking directly but previously I would use 3rd party sites to book my rooms.

I found better rates for Boyd hotels, El Cortez, 4q, and the old LVC on 3rd party sites.

Funny story, I stayed at El Cortez about 5 years ago. I was waiting in line to check in. One person went up to the front desk to try to get a room. Desk clerk quoted an extremely high rate, the guy looked surprised. The desk clerk then told him to look at third party sites for cheaper rates.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyd properties don't match prices. That being said which sites do you like / use. I see that Trivago, Momondo, Priceline seem to be competitive.

10. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thing with Trivago (from personal experience)---you get hits on some odd ass off brand generic looking websites that look to save you money--but then you have to trust them to feed/relay that info over to whatever hotel you are staying at. Is the price difference that huge that booking directly through BOYD is a problem?

11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried price matching a few times. Not just Boyd but others as well. The problem is they won't accept a after coupon code price. Cheaptickets always has a 16% off code. And Vegas dot com a 10% code SHOW
    Ive also got deals in $ canadian dollars and the hotels wont do the math to see third party is cheaper.
    Im a low roller so no big deal using third party i never get backend comps.

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.