1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ever book the wrong date?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ffejry, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ... asking for a friend.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, but once I discovered it I canceled and rebooked. Why???

3. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back when internet booking was new I booked a trip to arrive and leave on the same day, four hours on the ground. Immediately called the 800 number.

Bros are back!
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does "to Cincinatti" count? if so, Yes, figured it out about halfway there.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  5. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank goodness no...I double check triple check, count on fingers and toes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was rebooking a SW flight when the price dropped once and discovered I had booked a flight to someplace weird, not Vegas. And I have maybe gotten the room reservations off by a day, but I always figure it out ahead of time. I usually have 3 or 4 trips booked. I can get confused. :rolleyes:

7. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my first times in Vegas I booked a red eye home on the wrong day, Got to stay an extra day after a mad shuffle to get the room for one more night, but the wife wasn't buying it was by mistake! (but it totally was) :beer:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I accidentally booked LAS to PDX instead of PDX to LAS a few trips ago. I noticed it after the 24 hour cancellation window closed. It was the first $160 loss of the trip.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2017, I was on a very tight trip of Toronto > Vegas > San Jose > Toronto. My plan in San Jose was only for a day trip and I'd fly out of there the next morning... and instead of getting a hotel, I'd stay up all night, take a 3:00 am shuttle to the airport, and fly home to Toronto that morning at like 6:00 am.

My fuckup was, I left Vegas for San Jose on Thursday around 10:00 am, so I booked my shuttle for 3:00 am on Thursday, since in my head that was “Thursday night”. Which was really “Wednesday evening”, on that way of thinking.

You see where this is going, right? :)

So Wednesday night when I was still in Vegas, my phone started blowing up saying the shuttle was coming. Then I realized I booked it for the wrong day, because it should have been Friday morning -.-

So I cancelled that shuttle. Still had to pay for it, of course. Plus the replacement shuttle for the correct time. I’ve had far costlier mistakes, but by a mile that was the most embarrassing.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twice. Ended up going on the wrong weekend and had a blast, went from guys trip to solo trip lol

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
  11. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes...& I didn't discover it until the day before my actually-booked flight (I had booked one week early).
    Got the e-mail from United, reminding me about getting to the airport early, checking-in, do I need a rent-car, etc., and that's when I realized my error.
    I couldn't do anything about this on-line, so I called them.
    They (remarkably) were extremely helpful & gracious about it, and I was able to change to the correct date and only had to pay the fare difference that existed when I originally booked the flight...and that was only about $40.
    (Later, they actually ended up reimbursing the $40, but that's another story!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes - is there a particular question in there?

Talking about overall trip?
    Hotel?
    Flights?
    Comp?

13. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Multiple flights have been screwed up because I usually book trips when I'm drunk lol. Twice it's just a week before or after when I actually wanted to go so I just rolled with it. The other time I had to call the airline and beg them to help me out. I accidentally booked my return flight in a separate month. When I talked to the representative from the airline and made the joke that I would die if I stayed for a month, they laughed and were able to get me on the right flight for only 1000 extra miles.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    once i was booking my sister and her husband tickets and booked them going out at different times. found it a few months later and tickets were way up (SW). Luckily they changed 1 flite by 10 minutes and i called and asked if they could change it. They did! my sister was not happy

15. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I book with SW and punch in LAS for destination, I got to make sure I pick Las Vegas and not Dallas

16. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do too...now. :rolleyes:

17. bull1029

bull1029 Mr. Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Once at the Allegiant counter at my local airport (Springfield, MO) a couple was there trying to get to Vegas that night. They had mistakeny booked from Springfield, IL, and once they figured out their miscue, had traveled four hours to try and fly out that night (they had plans in LV that were very important to them). Somehow they made it work, but I think it cost them an extra grand or so.

I've gotten dates mixed up before, but never cities....wow.

18. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A uhhh... friend... once booked a non refundable flight for thanksgiving ... the week before thanksgiving. And he ended up not going on the trip at all because flights for the real thanksgiving week were so expensive by the time he caught the error.

20. Sean Kearns

Sean Kearns Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bachelor party in Las Vegas and a buddy of mine shows up at the airport to fly home Sunday and can't find his 1:30 flight on the board. Airport staff checks and there is no scheduled flight. He checks his ticket again and then calls the airline (United I think) and starts reaming them out for an e-ticket on a non-existant flight. A few moments later he gets a lesson in the 24hr clock and finds out his flight took off 10 hours before he got to the airport. He had to catch a flight the next day and call into work letting them know he'd be off Monday. Fucking guy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.