1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas myvegas rewards purchased and redeemed without me knowing

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by john1516inny, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, anyone else ever have this problem- just looked at my point total to redeem an award and found that a lot of rewards were purchased and redeemed without me knowing . How is this possible? Don't you have to show your license to redeem awards? They were used at ParkMgm, Mirage and Aria.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone would need access to your Facebook account to log into the game to make the purchase.

If those rewards aren't old rewards you purchased and used yourself (they stay in your redeemed wallet forever) then I'd start with changing the Facebook password then contacting support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shock, nope no old, never even been to ParkMGM since it changed. Did change my password, but really thought you needed license to redeem?

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct you have to show your drivers license to verify your Mlife account as the rewards are all tied to your Mlife Card.

So you are basically saying somebody used either your Facebook account or your apps on your devices to cash rewards.

There would have been an email verification of those rewards - so where did they go? MyVegas should be able to tell you as you would have known if they went to your default email address.

The person would then have to had your drivers licence at the Mlife Desk to verify your identity at which time they would have also been able to get a replacement Mlife Card because those rewards are put on your card unless they were the voucher type.

Also if any of those rewards would have required a stay they would have been linked to a reservation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. birdman925

birdman925 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you redeemed rewards before? If yes, then your account is tied to your email and your identity. If no, them someone established themselves and their Mlife account to your Myvegas. Ex-roommate, spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's interesting and totally doable.

MyVegas would have the email address and name used to redeem the reward which I believe has to match the Mlife name and email address.

So it shouldn't be hard to figure out who cashed it or what name cashed it. Could be the OPs name with fake id, a fake identity all together or a real person.

7. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Barely, yep, this whole thing is so weird. The redeemed rewards showing up in my redeemed awards and I never received any email notifications for any of them. Can't wait to see what MYVegas has to say about it. Going to be interesting, will keep everyone informed.

8. Patrick

Patrick MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would just make a complaint report, ask for my rewards back and change my Facebook password or better yet, get a new FB Account. I remember people saying their FB Passwords were found out and the crooks changed the FB Passwords so the actual FB Account Owners no longer had access to their own FB Accounts.

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That wouldn't help with MyVegas as the game is linked to the Facebook account itself and MyVegas is linked to you mLife account. Doing so would cause issues with redeeming rewards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One way for this to happen would be if you've never ever purchased a reward.
    The first time you do, it asks for your full name and email address. That info is permanently linked with MyVegas.

What I'm saying is: If someone accessed your FB account, and you have never purchased a reward through MyVegas before, then it would be possible for them to use their name and email address for all purchases/redemptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there might be an easy way to test this, unless something has changed.

when you redeem a reward, it asks you for your name and email address.

in the past, regardless of what email address you type, it always went to your established email address where your first reward (ever) went to. So you can redeem a reward and type whatever email address you want, but the reward confirmation will only go to the established email address.

try redeeming a reward and see if you get the confirmation. if you don't, then someone probably hacked your FB account and stole your points by establishing an email address for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Patrick

Patrick MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's very good advice. I am honestly surprised you didn't get a reply for your good idea until now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.