1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Long Hauled and Uber doesn’t care

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by freefalcon, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freefalcon

freefalcon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello, just wanted to share my story, we called Uber from Planet Hollywood to airport.. We didn’t say anything about the route, than after 15mins of driving we realised, it’s taking too much time.. So didn’t want to make confrontation while driving and thought Uber will help at the end.. Send msg to Uber about this scam, and they said my feedback is noted but they can’t do any refunds... Tried to elevate to supervisor but same answer again, probably automatic..
    My friends had the same issues with Uber lately, looks like their customer service is going down the drain.. Also had couple more issues recently that drivers accepted the ride, but they didn’t show up..
    For now, I’ll be deleting Uber and switch to Lyft, hopefully they’ll have better customer service

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every trip I made a few weeks ago was for the stated amount when I booked the ride, no matter if they took a normal, quicker, or longer route.

Did you get charged more than the fare they showed when you booked the ride?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Texaschameleon

Texaschameleon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful with Lyft as well. They have Lay's been my go to but last trip I had quite a few issues:

1. One driver got lost onot the way to Venetian and it went from 3 minutes away to 20. After half an hour I begged her to please cancel as I had to pay a fee if I canceled.

2. Another never showed up and the app kept saying she was there and another driver witnessed that she wasn't. She wouldn't answer her phone.

3. Was picked up at Cosmo and driver couldn't get app to work so I finally said just go and I will give you the cash. Big mistake...he agreed then charged me once he got the app working.

I wrote to Lyft got an apology but no refund on cancellation fee or the one i paid cash. Yes I know I shouldn't have done it but after sitting for ten minutes in the car him not moving I gave up.

Never had issues before but this last trip was a hit mess

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This. I always take a screenshot of what it says ahead of time in case the driver decides to go rogue. Once you get the receipt, you can delete the screenshot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. freefalcon

freefalcon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a screenshot and sent to Uber, still they didn’t adjust and charged twice than quoted

• Wow! Wow! x 4
  6. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dispute it with your credit card then. You didn't agree to pay double, so they can't force you to even if they want to get cute about it.

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. freefalcon

freefalcon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    to make it clear, I attached the screenshots for original price, charged price and customer service responses.. I had some Uber cash from amex platinum, so difference comes from there..
    So overall instead of $3 after uber cash, was charged $10.50 to card

Attached Files:

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. freefalcon

freefalcon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thought about it, but I think doesn’t worth to dispute for this small amount..

9. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at the map it looks like he took the correct way and it appears you paid the valid price. I don't see where it was suppose to be a $3 ride

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As an Uber driver, my default is to take the fastest possible route. I figure that's what happened here.

You can switch to Lyft, but your experience in a similar situation will play out the same way.

11. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drive as well. I always take the route indicated on the GPS unless the rider request a different route. I do at times suggest alternative routes I KNOW are better for both of us, but at the end of the day, if the rider has no comment/ or does not accept my suggestion, the app will get me where I am going

12. freefalcon

freefalcon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had some Uber cash, $11 ride became $20

13. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience with both apps the price you see is the price you pay. However once in Vegas the driver may have got lost or tried to scam me. It came out to $3 more then I was quoted. I was going to complain on principle, but didn’t since I’m on vacation. Well I get an email from Uber a few hours later, they adjusted the price due to the driver getting lost. In NJ it would make more sense to long haul, even though I know if they do it here, they will not only not make the extra money, they will get deactivated if they do so repeatedly. In NJ you definitely pay the price you were quoted. If the driver sits in heavy traffic, he will be compensated for his time, your rate is still the same. Also if you make a reservation with Uber/Lyft and there’s a surge, you will get pay the price originally quoted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had better overall experiences with Lyft then Uber but I have said it before and I will say it again"

They hire newbie drivers that don't know where the hell they are going and follow GPS to the letter which is a big mistake.

Recently in Toronto my wife and I were about 10 minutes away from Woodbine Race Track and Slots. The Uber Driver drove us right into the horse stables on the other side of the track and somewhat insisted he was right because that is where the GPS told him to go. He ended up apologizing and we did not pay extra but good lord.

Our big screw up in Vegas, Uber fixed it right away when the idiot followed her GPS from Top Golf to The Mirage and drove use up the freeway past Circus Circus.

15. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And then there are some that will question the driver for not taking the freeway all the way to and from the airport. I’ve had a few passengers ask me why I didn’t take the freeway. I told them that this is the shorter route, their response was: “yeah but it’s not the fastest”. Sometimes you just can’t win. LOL!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take the route I want to take. I'm rarely questioned. I just don't worry about it, and let my 4.99 rating speak for itself.

17. SchroeJoeder83

SchroeJoeder83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's impossible to be long hauled on ride share, you agree to the price before you even get in the car, this doesn't make any sense

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh. It seems to be worth your time to ask about it on the board.

I think that it would be a very productive thing to dispute the charge, both because you'd be guaranteed to win the dispute... and you'd send a convincing message to Uber that you will not permit them to blow you off like that. They're taking an attitude that they shouldn't be taking, and disputing the charge with the bank is the perfect (if not only) way to correct that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Horror stories about ride share? I thought these were superior to the cab companies is every way.

A friend does Lyft out in L.A., as it's flexible and allows him to work long hours around any gig he manages to book. But he regularly gripes about how mediocre his take home is, while driving his Prius. I love the idea of flexible, part-time income. Uber and Lyft do not sound promising. And I'm sure they're both hugely profitable, but last I heard, neither was, despite the huge demand for their service.

I used Lyft, or Uber, (I forget which one) one time in Minnesota this year. No complaints. Not sure how much the dude could have made for the time, gas and wear/tear it cost him, but I made out like a bandit.

I'm disheartened to hear that Uber doesn't believe the customer is always right.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. NotFromConcentrate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be fair, I don't think there was any human discretion whatsoever involved in the decision to deny the refund here. I think they've designed the automated replies to auto-reject any complaint that doesn't allege any flagrant wrongdoing, or anything that could get Uber as a company in trouble, in the absence of any detectable irregularity in the ride pattern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.