1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

App that compares Lyft vs Uber prices?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know an app that simultaneously shows a comparison between Lyft and Uber prices after entering the destination? I’ve seen decent ones for Androids, but no luck with iPhones.

July 19th - July 24th
  2. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just use the Uber and Lyft app themselves. It takes less than a minute to enter the pick up and drop off spots in each one and compare.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of curiosity I looked in App Store for Apple and found one called Farewell and downloaded it. Only to find out they have been taken over by one called Bellhop and download it.

During the setup of Bellhop they wanted me to include my drivers license number. That’s when I stopped and deleted both apps. Not sharing any personal info like that with any app.

I’ll continue to check rates of both through their respective apps like I’ve been doing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I do. besides, since fares can change frequently based on demand, I wouldn't trust a third party app. Just open one, type in your destination, get a fare estimate, then open the other one and do the same. Takes less than a minute to find out and then just close the app with the higher fare (or longer wait time, or whatever factor helps you make your decision)

I Need Spa
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. EwoksEwoksEwoks

EwoksEwoksEwoks Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don’t see how any app could really get this info. The pricing is based on proprietary algorithms so the only way you could get pricing is to automatically through code look up prices for every single possible route. This would likely be against the terms of service of the apps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there is an android app called "anyride", I don't know if it is available on iphone......it shows the comparison of lyft and uber prices, for the different classes of rides....

8. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently "anyride" with android does. I find it odd that it's not available for iPhones.

July 19th - July 24th
  9. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basically Android apps are easier to develop and get approved than Apple apps.

10. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked ride guru for comparison vs the Uber and Lyft apps. Ride guru quoted fares slightly higher than the Uber and Lyft apps quoted.

Going from LAS to Plaza RG quoted both U/L at $23 each. Uber quoted $22.03 and Lyft quoted $17.51.

F608469E-68A8-417E-8FC5-BE1DE6A7178F.png 6F1F8831-3315-4E64-90B1-666DC000D013.png CE7E973B-795A-4DA7-BB22-CBBFE7CB3380.png

11. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the leg work on this! After all this, I feel I will stay with Lyft, just have a bit more comfort with them.

July 19th - July 24th
    • Like Like x 1
  12. oldbrewzer

oldbrewzer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy for us. Standing next to one another wife checks Uber app, I open up the Lyft app. We pick the least expensive.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fair enough, but I still suggest you use both, in case one is “surging”. Sometimes you get surge pricing with one and not the other.

The same applies to promotions and discounts you may have with either Uber or Lyft.

If you prefer Lyft, then great! I’d still check Uber for the other ~10% of the rides you may take with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.