1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Family in The Caribbean, no problem

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bigolcamel, Nov 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played $15 craps for 90 minutes at PH. The dealers are some of the best here. I was down to $200 in my rack before a shooter brought me up to $650. I kept playing giving some back and left with a $31 profit and was only rated at $68 a roll for the same action as I was playing last night. I only earned 50 TC for that. Probably won’t maintain diamond at this rate.

I’m sitting at the blue moon bar drinking a hazy IPA waiting for the second half of the gophers game to start while playing DDB. I just hit this

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing fun to report. -$1000 at craps at PH. I’m going to try my luck at Paris. Haven’t decided on the bankroll for the day. I probably won’t be back until March and am still having fun so I’ll keep it going.

3. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Time for a turnaround!

4. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a decent blackjack session and won $413 after rallying for being down to my last $75 bet. I’m currently sitting at the bar in Koi. I ordered a tuna avocado roll, spicy salmon, and the wasabi braised short ribs. They do grind wasabi off the root for an extra $20. Im going to pass on that even though I do want to try it someday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope your phone camera is okay. This pic came out weird.

And what was the hazy IPA? Comped?

6. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was a West Coast Hazzy IPA. Far from my favorite hazy. 3.1 sips. It was comped. I’m not sure what happened with that picture. My camera is working fine now.

7. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unlikely I’d pay someone twenty dollars to grind my root, though each to their own.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Koi was great. I could cut the ribs with chopsticks. Two rolls and the entree were only $62. I’m back in the room now ironing my shirt and pants. Figure I should wear a suit at least once this trip. I’m also hitting the safe for a reload. I’ll be back and forth between the craps and blackjack tables. It’s go big or go home for the last night. My flight doesn’t leave until 8 45 tomorrow night so I swung through the diamond check in for a late checkout. 2PM was the lasted I could get without paying extra.

9. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Apparently Wasabi is very hard to grow and needs a very specific climate. It is only fresh for about 20 minutes after being ground. The wasabi we are typically served is horseradish with green dye.

• Informative Informative x 4
  10. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well things didn’t turn around. After dinner I went back to the craps table and lost a quick $400. I won it back at blackjack for $556. I bounced around the craps tables and lost another $700. I decided to take one more stab at blackjack and lost $500 in half a shoe before calling it a night.

The pit boss that has the podcast rated me at $185 which was no where near what I was betting. It would’ve been closer to $90. No one could get anything going at the tables. We never hit more than one point and the parlayed hard ways didn’t connect. I went from up $800 to down $1290. I’m well within my bankroll for the trip. I never found a fun table to play at tonight. Most everyone was either silent or kind of crabby. That should’ve been my hint to go somewhere else. I’m gambling for fun, not to make a profit.

I only earned around 600 TC today for what seemed to be similar action to yesterday. TC’s for table games vary wildly. With the 500 TC bonus I’ll maintain diamond for next year. I expect I’ll be in Vegas less often in 2020 so it didn’t matter much either way but the comped resort fees are nice.

I plan on relaxing most of tomorrow with some gambling thrown in. Maybe I’ll hit up the steam room. I’d love a massage but I’m not willing to pay the $185 plus tip when I’m used to getting them for free at home through trades.

Currently I’m watching the fountains through my window with a slightly obstructed view. Time for a pedialite even though I don’t think I need it.

11. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to sleep in until 9 and get a solid ten hours of sleep. I woke up feeling pretty good today. I’m waiting on a Belgian waffle and coffee to be delivered to my room. I’ll shower and swing through the hosts office to see if anything can be taken off the back end of nun bill. If I do gamble today it’ll be VP where I won’t use my players card. 8 45 is the latest I’ve ever left Vegas. I think I’ll be regretting it tomorrow.

12. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Pretty good waffles and the berries tasted fresh. I’m full and happy.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Headache 21

Headache 21 i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys'r'us kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what I come here for

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to gamble today anyway. I earned $500 TC’s playing craps between PH and Paris. Luckily I hit a parlay hard 6 at the end and have a $20 profit on the day. I’m currently sitting at the heart bar playing DDB to kill an hour before I head to the airport. I’m down overall but am coming home with over 60% of my bankroll. Can’t complain about that. I spoke to a host while checking out and I barely played enough to cover my room so no ha kind comps this trip.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, and I totally relate to that first morning memory fog. To my credit, or in my defense, after nearly 100 trips I’ve always awakened in my room in bed. But occasionally my pockets, wallet or phone will trigger an “Oh, yeah... I remember that now” moment.

16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. For all the times I have stayed at PHO I don't think I have ever ordered room service. Safe travels back.

Mark

17. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made it to the airport and through security. Security took close to 60 minutes. I’m having a glass of wine and an Asian salad at Wolfgang Puck. It’s my first drink of the day. Should help me sleep on the flight.
    [​IMG]

My flight lands at 11 followed by an hour drive home. I miss living near a major airport. I usually go to sleep at 8 PM on Sundays to charge up for the week. At least I’ll only be tired instead of hungover tomorrow. Counting the dog kennel and airport parking this trip was right around $2k. For the amount of gambling I did I came out alright. This is the first trip that I never hit 10 thousand steps in a day. It was rainy Thursday, windy Friday, and I didn’t love much the last two days.

I already have a trip booked at Caesar’s in early March for the WCC college basketball tournament. I was considering New Years but don’t feel like another solo trip. That could easily change after a week of being at work. I’ll post again tomorrow with a summary and final thoughts.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.