1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Report - 2/8 to 2/12 - Plaza & Wynn

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by texas_aggie_girl_93, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Flights – Rapid Rewards Credit on Southwest. Flew out of HOU. Flight out on time, got lucky and scored exit row seat, sat next to a nice couple. I slept most of the way there. Flight out was over 30 min late. Again scored exit row seat, empty middle seat. Managed to sleep about 2 hours. That is strange, normally I'm unable to sleep for more than 15 minutes or so.

Car – Reserved an economy car through Dollar for $114 for the four days. I kept watching the site and ended up rebooking a couple times. I finally ended up with a rate of $104. When I arrived at the lot they didn’t have compact car, so they gave me a white Taurus. Upon returning the car, the rate had dropped to $98. I went inside to pay cash.

I don’t know why they bother having an Express Lane inside. There is only one employee that is able to take cash. Last time I almost missed my flight waiting for them to get change. Didn’t take quite as long this time, but still had to wait about 30 minutes.

From now on, when I plan to pay cash I will make sure I have the exact amount due.

Hotels – Booked four free nights at the Plaza for a Slot Tournament. A few days later I received free night offer from Wynn for Sunday night, so I booked that. The day before I left, ended up receiving another free night offer from Wynn for Saturday night, so naturally booked that one as well.

My room at the Plaza actually was much better than the one I received the last time I stayed there. No strange smells or problem with the tub draining. The only thing I don’t like about the rooms is the cramped bathroom.

Wynn was fantastic. Loved everything about the room/bathroom. They were only able to put me up on the 35th floor, but at least I had a nice view of Treasure Island/Mirage, etc. I hope to receive future offers, especially in May and December.

Food – No fancy meals this trip. Most everything was on the go and cheap. The most expensive meal was at Country Club Grill on Sunday.

Thursday’s snacks consisted of a hot dog and beer at Barbary Coast (used ACG Coupon), several beers from Barbary Coast, Bellini’s from Bellagio, Pizza at Sbarro in Bally’s, and cobbler and drinks at the reception for slot tournament participants. I also had a midnight snack of a spinach fritatta at Carson Street café at the Golden Nugget.

Friday, I ate my left over fritatta, shrimp cocktail & Forty Niner at Golden Gate, and steak & eggs at Binion’s coffee shop.

My only real meal of the day Saturday was at Upper Deck at Vegas Club. I ordered the chicken noodle soup and a chef salad. I think I might have also grabbed a hot dot at Vegas Club late that night. I had lots of liquid nourishment in the form of beer & Adios Mother F*ckers.

Sunday I choose Country Club Grill at Wynn. I ordered the hot pretzels for an appetizer & had the sirloin burger with mushrooms and bacon. The pretzels were excellent, and I loved the pistachio mustard they serve with it. The burger was good, but nothing special other than being HUGE. I also ordered some kind of a drink, think it was called Blue Eyes.

Sunday night we went to Quarks and I had another burger with some kind of raspberry drink. Good burger, but way too much salt.

Monday, I grabbed a bag of chips before heading to the airport and grabbed a pizza once I cleared security.

Gambling – I had a good run except for Thursday; I couldn’t get anything going all day long. I think I lost about $300 total that day. I played VP and Pai Gow Poker at Barbary Coast. After losing rather quickly I decided to move on to Bellagio.

Headed to Fontana Bar & tried to play the machine ending in 69, but it was broken and wouldn’t accept money. Moved down a couple machines. I lost and lost and lost some more. The only thing that made losing tolerable were the bellini’s and the conversation. From the Fontana Bar I moved to the Flip Flop Deluxe machine that I won $500 on last February. Unfortunately, the machine was not kind to me this trip.

Later that night I lost everywhere I played at the Plaza and Golden Nugget.

I did much better on Friday except for a bad run on fortune Pai Gow Poker at MSS. I probably ended up losing $100 before I left. I managed to play for a couple hours on $20 at the Boar’s Head Bar. I did well on the Hot Hot Super Jackpot Easy Money penny machines at MSS, Freemont and Fitzgeralds. Also had good luck on a nickel Hoot Loot at Binions. Had a blast playing blackjack and pai gow poker at either the Plaza or Vegas Club, and won about $200.

I also had good luck on Saturday. I gambled at the Plaza, NYNY, Orleans, Ellis Island, and Wynn. I played the same quarter Wheel of Fortune at the Plaza in the Winners Circle several times, and always got at least 3 spins, always cashing out over $100.

Before the meet on Saturday, I did a hit and run on a nickel Uncle Sam machine. I got lucky and hit the flags, ended cashing out soon afterwards for $158.

Nothing much to speak of at the Orleans, it wasn’t enjoyable playing there due to the teenage girls running around screaming. I think they had a cheerleading competition there. From there I went to Ellis Island and won $140 on a penny Reel ‘Em In.

Next up was Wynn. With my offer I had $100 freeplay. I managed to blow through that in no time on a $1 VP machine that had previously done well for me. I found a quarter Double Top Dollar machine and played for at least 5 hours with a $20 investment and ended up cashing out at $175. I played blackjack for a couple hours and cashed out up $100.

Sunday, I decided to stick to the Double Top Dollar at Wynn and the WOF at the Plaza. It ended up being a good decision I guess since I ended up winning about $200. Later that night, I won $100 at Pai Gow Poker at the Hilton.

Monday, I again played Double Top Dollar at Wynn and cashed out $50 ahead. Got some decent play time on an Alien machine. I think I cashed out a little ahead. I cashed out $50 up on a quarter WOF at the airport.

Miscellaneous –

I was very disappointed to learn they are changing the name of Barbary Coast to Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall or something stupid like that. The gift shop had several shirts for 50% off, so I ended up buying a couple. At least they won’t be tearing it down right away.

Thursday evening there was a reception at the Plaza for the tournament entrants. The food was horrible, but the drinks were free. I chatted with a nice guy who was also solo. He walked me to the elevator, when we got approached and invited to a party that happened to be on the floor I was on. We hung out and chatted while enjoying a few more drinks before the hosts had to leave for the evening. Later that evening, a friend met me downtown and we had a nice chat. There were frequent bathroom visits, but that’s all I can say about that.

Friday I got my first scratch card at MSS ($3). While at the player’s club at Binions I found out the girl was from my hometown. We chatted for a while, and it turns out she knew my best friends sister. Small world.

I actually placed 45th out of 50 in the slot tourney on Friday. I only won $50, but it was fun. I didn’t place at all in the tourney on Saturday.

While playing Pai Gow on Friday night, there was this guy who kept masturbating right there at the table! I was trying not to watch, but it wasn’t easy. At one point he even unzipped his pants. I asked him if he needed some ice down there or something. He got embarrassed & zipped up, leaving a short time later.

I went to the meet at NYNY on Saturday. Had a nice chat with Norm and Doxie. Dollie even stopped by for a quick chat. My camera decided to quit when the bartender was trying to snap the picture. I ended up going to Walmart & bought a new digital camera. Even though I didn't have a working camera until Saturday night, I still managed to take over 100 pictures.

Wynn makes the best Adios Mother Fuc*ers ever!!

On Sunday, there was a meet at Parasol Up at Wynn and I met up with several nice people from this board; Don & wife Jennifer, her friend, Kitson & his wife, & Kikky. Great drinks and service, I had the monorail, very good. Thanks to Don & Kitson for the drinks! It was very nice meeting everyone.

Several funny things happened while at the Hilton on Sunday night. My friend Jeff called while we were eating at the bar at Quarks. After I hung up with him, my friend was mad because she didn’t get to say hi, so I called him back and let her talk to him. She thought it would be funny to pass him around the bar & let him talk to everyone. It was kinda cool watching the phone make it’s way around the bar.

There was this guy there in costume. We thought worked there, but the bartender said he comes in dressed that way nearly every night. To us he looked more like Scotty, so that’s what we called him while we were there.

While we were leaving the bar heading to the Pai Gow Poker table, we saw a guy staring so hard at my friend he almost walked into a pole. Shortly thereafter, my friend sees a guy she thinks is cute & says “ewww, he’s cuteâ€. I walk back to where he is sitting & ask him if I could get a picture of my friend sitting on his lap. He obliges and I take the picture. Damn! He was cute!

While waiting for the valet to bring the car, we kept making fun of the valet for dragging his feet while he was moving cars. Not sure why we found this so hysterical. Several minutes later, there was a giant truck, so we asked him to drag his feet on that one. Maybe it was so funny because he was only moving cars a few feet each time.

I had a great trip as always. I’ve already got the itch to go back, thank goodness I have two trips scheduled for March. I can’t believe I’ll be there for March Madness. I’m normally not in to basketball, but for once my Aggies are having a good year. Thanks for reading and Gig ‘Em Aggies!!! WHOOP!

2. rje

rje High-Roller

Plaza to the Wynn... talk about a switch!

And, I have to ask? What is an Adios Mother Fuc*er?

Thanks for posting, sounds like a great time...

3. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I'm just glad it wasn't the other way around. Not sure I could have handled going from Wynn to the Plaza! *LOL* Seriously though, my room at the Plaza wasn't bad at all. I prefer that room to the few rooms I've had at Flamingo or Golden Nugget.

AMF is a yummy blue drink with gin, rum, tequila, blue cuarauco, & sprite or sweet & sour. I was enjoying the way they made them at the Plaza until I tried one at Wynn, no comparison!

4. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! It was truly a pleasure meeting you.:thumbsup:

5. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:

The aggies look like they may grab a #2 in the tourney. WHOOOOOP!!!!

Nice TR. Sounds like you had a kickin' time. Wonder if there are any Aggie meets or weekend out there in good ole Vegas. Have you heard of any?

6. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    aggie182-- Yes, I had a great time, as always.

I haven't heard about any meets schedlued, but I've kinda lost touch with the Ass. of Former Students. Maybe I'll do a little investigating or give them a ring. We can't be the only ones excited about this!

7. Mr. Politics

Mr. Politics Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "While playing Pai Gow on Friday night, there was this guy who kept masturbating right there at the table! I was trying not to watch, but it wasn’t easy. At one point he even unzipped his pants. I asked him if he needed some ice down there or something. He got embarrassed & zipped up, leaving a short time later"

Just for the record, I was not anywhere near Vegas during this time-frame. So this guy was not me.

8. Echo27

Echo27 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very funny! :)

In all seriousness, though, why the hell didn't security stop the guy? Sp much for the eye in the sky. Guess he wasn't cheating!

9. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably because he was losing! *LOL* Or, I believe because he wasn't being blatent about it. You kinda had to have been paying attention, and known what was going on. He wasn't going full speed and would alternate between leaning back & leaning forward. Plus, being able to "hide" somewhat under the table helped.

10. luckylori

luckylori Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report, but ick ick ick about the masturbating guy. Glad you got him to stop doing that in public!:eek:

11. JenIttels

JenIttels Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the fact you just casually throw in the masturbating guy into the TR like 'it's just another thing that happens in vegas'!

Nice TR!

12. Chetou812

Chetou812 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally, I am almost speechless with regard to this episode at the Pai Gow table. WTF?! That and your comment about numerous trips to the restroom?

13. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR. Going from the Plaza to the Wynn is quite a jump and the adult entertainment at the Pai Go table, just goes to show you that if you go to Vegas long enough there's nothing you wont see.

14. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend wasn't feeling well, hence the frequent restroom stops.

Nothing much surprises me in Vegas anymore.

15. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Laughing my ass off.....:)

Loved it!

16. Bosco

Bosco VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The clientele at The Wynn just keeps getting worse and worse. I knew that dump would draw this kind of crowd!:wink :goofy:

17. f1ape

f1ape Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks for the tip!! A good AMF is hard to find!!!

18. Bincheros

Bincheros Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go Aggies

texas_aggie_girl_93 and aggie182:

I'll be in Vegas March 22nd - March 25th. Staying at GN. That's the weekend of the sweet sixteen, hopefully the Aggies will still be in it. I might be making a wager or two...

Too bad we lost to Texas last night in 2OT. If we win that game, we are on our way to a #1 seed.

Bincheros '93

19. texas_aggie_girl_93

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll barely miss you. I leave early on the 20th.

I think we have a good shot at the Sweet Sixteen if we can stop the mental errors & cut back on the early fouls. At least they kept it interesting last night. Law is just incredible in the 2nd half.

I'll probably be placing a wager or two myself.

GIG 'EM AGGIES!! ~ WHOOP!!

20. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lynnie U know u r going to extend that departure date so u can go to MM and meet your fellow board members :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.