1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is Wynn 500 dollars nicer than Paris?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LVRaiders, Sep 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVRaiders

LVRaiders Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A buddy of mine whose headed to Vegas in November shared he was now on the fence about the stay at Wynn, as he had received a few CET comp offers that coincided with the dates of our stay.

He is strongly considering booking 4 nights at Paris the weekend before Thanksgiving in which the only night he is paying for is Saturday.

The Wynn standard room he has reserved along with the rest of us is total out of pocket is roughly 560 dollars more.

In virtually all cases, everyone will likely say take the Paris and the comps, however the wrinkle here for him is that his wife may come with him, and the only time she has been to Vegas was when they stayed at the Wynn 2 years ago. She fell in love with the place.

Could you justify spending more money to make your s/o happy?

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
  2. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Says the frau "may" come with him. Not guaranteed. Will her life be ruined if they stay at Paris? Probably not - given that her ONLY Vegas experience was Wynn.
    How do you think Mrs. Vacationer would feel about "yeah, but I saved $500 that we can ...". It's all in knowing your target demographic and preparing the appropriate sales pitch. As for "fell in love with the place"...lemme see now, how many places have I fallen in love with over the years....hmmmmmm. :cool:

'Cause once per annum is insufficient...
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LVRaiders

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He has never stayed at Paris so his question which in turn I shared here is how much of a difference will he see in room quality, service, etc

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
  4. Bigolcamel

Bigolcamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A standard king room at the Wynn is much nicer than a Burgundy room at Paris. Personally I'd rather stay at Paris due to the location. I'd recommend using the $20 trick and hope for an upgrade or pay the $50 a night upgrade for a suite at Paris. I don't think the Wynn is worth an extra $500 but my trip is more about drinking and gambling versus fine dining.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NFW!!!! (No effing way)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really, only he can make the call as only he knows what passes for acceptable in his relationship. My husband and I love Paris. I've stayed at Wynn, too, but $500 more for Wynn. Sorry. Paris location is just so central to having all of the dining of so many great resorts all right around you...and the property is very nice.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Iratus

Iratus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well yes it is, but it’s just the value conversation. How much value does he put on $500. For 4 days I’d do it but I’m a hotel slut.

Given people generally don’t spend much time in the room he should just save the money and buy his wife a nice dinner at the Wynn and use the rest for the gaming there. It’s a 25 minute walk or $10 lyft not another world.

If he does one big night at the Wynn without staying he might get better offers for next time too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Wynn, but I’d take $500 and go with Paris every day.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  9. LVRaiders

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If his wife doesnt go he confirmed hes taking his comps at Paris, and I cant say I blame him.

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
    • Like Like x 2
  10. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Paris. Never stayed at Wynn. But I recently picked Nomad as worth $275 more than Excalibur.

It all depends on your vacation budget. I don’t gamble enough to rely on comps and I really like a nice hotel room every other trip. I’m also hoping the stars align to bring the husband along next trip and it would be a treat to show him the fancy side of Vegas.

In this case, I’d go for Paris, as it is such a lovely property. Different type of lovely than Wynn.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn is significantly nicer than Paris, but $500 is a lot of money that can go to important necessities like craps.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely not $500 better..........the difference is much greater than that!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on what the wife does in Vegas, and if she's coming. If she's coming and wants to shop and relax in a spa, then yes, it is worth it. If she just wants to explore Vegas, have drinks, and gamble a little, Paris might be a good experience for her.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Female here, and like others, I glommed onto the operative word... S/O "may" come with us.

I'll always book a comp room over paid, BUT I've also learned the hard way, once used to a certain level, you feel it when you drop down.

I'd have him book both if Wynn allows refunds in a certain window. If S/O goes, cancel CET before 72 hour window. If S/O doesn't go? Paris comps are locked in.

$560 more is a LOT, but over 4 nights, might be worth it if s/o goes, and it sounds like the rest of your group might be at Wynn.

I haven't stayed at Wynn, but we are used to Aria/Cosmo. We stayed at Paris in a burgundy room, and, great room, but we felt the difference.

If she likes Wynn, she will feel the difference too. Just my 2 cents. (But I'd almost be in the camp of telling her Paris, then surprising her upon check-in!)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. LVRaiders

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What did you not like about that room at Paris?

Hoping for Pool Weather
    Trying out Vdara
  16. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only the affected individual can say whether one place or another is “worth it.” Some people buy top of the line TVs or appliances and others buy the cheapest that will reasonably do the job. New Balance or Walmart brand? Both are shoes. "Worth it” or not? Mercedes or Kia? iPhone or pay as you go burner? Is an iPhone “worth it?”

I would not stay at Paris if they actually paid me to be there. My Las Vegas days are too valuable to me to bargain down the scale, presumably somewhere between Wynn/Aria Sky Suites and the Four Queens-which of those many choices is “worth it?”

When I’m asked about Las Vegas I always give several options, most to least, and advise to stay at the best hotel they’re comfortable with and can afford. For some that’s a bargain or comp downtown. For others, that’s Treasure Island, or Paris, or Harrahs. For us it’s the Wynn Tower Suites.

"Worth it” is always relative and no one here can ever answer that often asked question except for themselves. For me, definitely worth it to stay at Wynn.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What happened at Paris? I have stayed there a couple times with no issues. It is probably my favourite mid-level property. Between location and rooms, I quite like it. Now, I enjoy getting out and about so a central location is important and as long as the room is decent enough I am good. I have played but not stayed at Wynn. Its on my list but, I really prefer the centre of it all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was on my own, I'd... Who am I kidding, I usually donk off more on hotels than anything else every summer :D

I'd stay at the Wynn, better half or not, but I'd say the most likely avenue would be to go with Paris if his wife isn't travelling.

19. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If wynn is refundable up until the last day or two like almost everywhere else, book both and cancel the one he isnt going to use once he knows about the Frau. I am double booked for thanksgiving right now under very similar circumstances. I have a presidential suite at Bally's booked so that I have it if a woman comes along or if I can organize some sort of thanksgiving get together, but it will cost me about $500. Alternatively, I have a free room booked at Caesars Palace so I dont waste the money if I'm alone and not hosting any sort of gathering. One of them will be cancelled a weeke or two before my stay when my plans are more certain.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I DID like the room and think it's a great option for people. Aria's standard room just felt more luxurious and bigger to me, and I like the much bigger bathroom with a separate water closet.

On Cosmo I'm in an upgraded room, so it's not apples to apples.

For me I wouldn't pay $500 more for Aria (I'd want that extra money for food /play) , BUT I would definitely notice the difference, and if she loves Wynn, she might too.

So, Paris has very nice rooms, we've just been spoiled, and it's just personal taste. I like the decor more at Aria (I like darker woods) , so totally subjective! :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.