1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

That 70’s Breeze Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Breeze147, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree. Last October I saw VGK against my Flyers. I also met Breanna and had an NFL Sunday. I had a blast and the gambling was good.

See, the thing that happened here was I had 3 half price nights to use before August 1, and that steered the whole thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But did they do a "wellness check"?

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, not once.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're Cirqued out as well...seen em all but Love, and we've stayed at the Mirage at least 10 times....go figure. :DTwo weeks ago we saw Cheap Trick/Comp tickets at Charlestown/WV.....great concert. They're playing downtown Vegas/Fremont Street this month for free. That's in my wheel house. :nworthy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm....

What it sounds like, is the justification of "as long as I'm having a good time" that most of us use/have used as "conditions" have deteriorated for the average visitor is wearing/worn out.

6. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with you on the window shade thing. If you don't want to look out a window, why the hell do you take a window seat. Makes me very uncomfortable when the shades are closed.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know what I do when I want to block out the sun on a plane? I put on eyeshades. Because as badly as I was raised, I wasn't raised so badly that I will decide for the entire row just because I am in the window seat. I have moved seats with somebody because they never saw the Grand Canyon or whatever else. I was like oh well then, let's swap so you can see it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
  8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know, man... I think that shit can be pretty hot. Gimme the purple hair! (Also... the hotties may be more prevalent on the strip. My uncle's theory = people from California visit the strip... downtown is for people from Wisconsin. LOL)

I'm with you... I always try to take direct flights whenever possible.

I had a buddy in college in the early 90s from Minneapolis. He was really into hardcore industrial and techno music, but during the summers he caught a LOT of shows at the First Avenue club. He said if you stayed for the entire show, they would have guys hanging out handing out comp tickets to the next show. Theoretically, you could pay for the first show and you could see every other show there the rest of the summer for free, as long as you went EVERY show. Because of this my buddy and his friends saw a lot of bands he would have never otherwise made time to see.

He said Collective Soul was one of the best live bands he ever saw.

Thanks again for the great trip report - we were definitely rooting for you. Losing sucks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like maybe those half off nights weren't worth much to you this time around. :(

I feel like I've seen enough Cirque shows too. There are a lot of smaller shows right now you might enjoy. I'm not sure of all your preferences, but I immediately pictured you with a pocket full of gummies at a show like Piff the Magic Dragon. (Who couldn't love Mr Piffles?)

Now I want to start a "Pick a Show for Breeze's Next Trip" thread. :haha:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He said "Wisconsin"... Woooo!!!!!

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. jack v

jack v MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry the trip sucked, gambling is zero fun if you feel you never had a chance. I agree with joe about avoiding gambling at the Nugget, I despise that place with a passion, uptight, smug dealers, which is bad enough but they always seem to get lucky too. From my distant memory of playing there I recall they had a habit of yelling out "thanks for playing" after you get cleaned out, which I always interpreted as a extra dig. i always wanted to go in, win a quick hondo and get up and say that to them, prob is i never won there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. jackatwell63

jackatwell63 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the comment about a flying greyhound bus is so damn true , many dress like slobs and act like asses
    the women using the "im handicapped " theme would really piss me off ....
    cause i a m handicapped and only 1 time have i ever played that card ....i usually just go with the im normal crowd ..lol

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bummer the gambling never got traction. Hope your next trip goes a lot better!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. davehughes123

davehughes123 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry that your trip was a bummer. I take that first nonstop out of BWI every trip and, though it sucks getting to the airport around 4:30 AM, getting into Vegas at 9 AM is pretty damn sweet. I'm 20 minutes from BWI though so I believe I'm much closer than you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I think Midway is one of the best airports to connect through, if you need to connect. Not nearly as zooey as ORD or DEN or even STL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MDW is less of a mess than STL or DEN? You must have had some terrible connections. A long connection in STL probably would suck because food and drink are subpar, but STL is joke security if you're flying out of there. Never waited more than 10 minutes. I feel like an idiot if I arrive to the airport 2 hours early there. DEN, I had easy connections through there (same airline, Frontier, before they went cheap.)

Airport that's pissed me off the most, PHL (flight canceled for poor reasons). Followed by DFW, sitting area so non-existent that passengers waiting for flights actually block your way. Followed by MCI. Bathrooms within security? I guess if we have to!

17. HornHighCraps

HornHighCraps Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PHL is the absolute worst. I used to travel a lot for work and I would avoid connecting through PHL at all costs. Luckily, I don’t travel nearly as much anymore and for personal travel (trips to Vegas) I always book direct flights now, even if they are slightly more expensive. I just don’t want the hassle of connecting.

@Breeze147 - Sorry you’re bummed out about your trip. Give it a few months of reflection and maybe you’ll decide to give Vegas another shot.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kansas City is the worst I have experienced if you have a delay or need to spend anytime there.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DEN is an excellent airport if you have to kill some time. Plenty of space and a good selection of places to eat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 90 minute traffic jam threw everything off. If you're familiar with the area, it was about 2 miles above Dunkirk, where MD4 goes through that funny, tree lined stretch. People blast through there but the trees make it appear very narrow. I always get to the right and slow down to 55 going through there. It makes feel very uneasy.

Final bottom line to this trip:
    I was in Las Vegas for 7 nights.
    I wish I could have finished that Chicken Parm. It was good. The Grotto is an underlooked gem.
    I can count on one hand the mistakes I made gambling. It was just bad luck, variance. That usually clears up in a day or two. I think maybe I should switch to JOB instead of Deuces Wild. This time it didn't. Boo hoo on me, I guess.
    As usual, coming across and interacting with the amazing array of Vegas characters is still a ton of fun.
    I stayed partially drunk and buzzed for 7 days. Got to make a fool of myself dancing on Fremont. And no one cared one bit.
    Got propped by a gorgeous hooker.
    I should have broke up the monotony by going to a show.
    Take the non-stop.
    Try my best to get a window seat.
    Target date for next trip, September 2020.
    Thanks to everyone who followed along and gave me a great deal of encouragement.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.