1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Southwest cancelled flight causing me a couple small problems

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Mr. Brownestone, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This Max business has caused me nothing but blessings. I have been able to change my fares (all three I had booked) to better and more expensive flights without paying a penny more than my ridiculously LOW original price. Hopefully, the lot of you will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and take advantage of this Zero cost change for the better. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr. Brownestone

Mr. Brownestone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, nor am I a wealthy individual, but I prefer getting to take the flight I booked at the cost I booked it at over another flight that might be now discounted for me, because I booked the flight that works with my agenda in the first place.

In this case, even if they refunded me my money and flew me for free it still doesn't un-piss off my boss who is not going to see the humor in me leaving a day early for vacation.

Something about them providing the service they offered at the price I agreed to is very appealing to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TedCheddy

TedCheddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need a new airline and a new job...:poke:;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just changed two different trips. One solo one duo. Better times each way. So can’t complain. Went from 4 to 5 nights in November- late October.
    Thanks for the reminder to retrieve reservations and look around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:

Actually, I understand the position my boss has to take on things like this. The number of times someone accidentally booked their flights for Friday instead of Saturday (we work Monday-Friday) and now comes in with a sob story about how they are going to lose thousands of dollars worth of vacation funds if they have to rebook or cries that they will have to cancel the trip altogether because they can't afford to rebook is staggering. Happens multiple times every summer, without fail.

My boss had to draw a hard line on these things as it was really out of control the number of adults who can't tell Friday from Saturday when booking a flight AND hotel. These same adults never seem to show up for work on a random Saturday thinking it was Friday.....weird.

6. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. I was simply sharing a brighter-side experience. Sorry for your troubles and hopefully you find a way to work this situation in your favor. Regardless, enjoy your trip!

7. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You enjoy your trip as well! Looks like our paths will cross during the second tip in your signature line.

8. tee6395

tee6395 Downtown Dreamer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they do, hopefully you will have figured out a happy resolution and I find you in good spirits. Hate, hate, hate dark clouds and bad moods when I'm in my happy place! :p

9. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty difficult to get me in a bad mood in Vegas, like really difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sura83

sura83 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ROFL

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And maybe just start over again.

$shit happen$. Just have to deal with it.

Enjoy Vegas!

12. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of this is because of the 737 Max issues. They are being proactive by moving things around now. Our flight home from Vegas was changed from Nashville to BWI. It happens. There’s things you can and can’t control when it comes to flying. This is one of the things you can’t.

13. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before you call them, check for a flight in your preferred timeframe that stops somewhere, but you don't have to change planes. See if you can be moved to that flight. That's the best option I can think of. It lets you stay until you've satisfied your boss, and you don't have to board twice. It has the benefit that you can switch seats after those getting off have left the flight.

14. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That thinking got me squished between the pretty lady whose space I didn't want to invade because of, you know, decency, and the enlisted bodybuilder whose shoulders didn't come close to fitting within the confines of his seat. Not only would it have been physically impossible for him not to invade my space, I'm not about to take a uniformed solder to task. He (or she, as the case may be) deserves the space. I know it's only 3 hours, but it took longer than that for my back and shoulders to un-kink.

15. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please find the flight you want on the day you would like and call them as soon as you can. Make sure that they have transferred the early bird you paid for to your flight.

The MAX thing has been a pain in the ass for them, but they have been pretty flexible lately when I have called. I recently changed flights for my convenience and they couldn't figure out how to fix it in the computer and charge the extra fare I should have paid...so they just changed the flight and did not collect the extra money. They also made sure that both of our EB purchases were applied to the new flight.

Just know exactly what you want and your reasoning behind wanting it--they changed your flight to an unacceptable time--and call them.

EB is a crap shoot. I book after my wife on a companion (free) ticket and my EB position is often earlier than her paid fare gets her. I have never lost an EB on a changed flight that was not either refunded OR my own dumb fault for screwing up a reservation change.

I understand that you don't fly a lot, but please don't let this issue get your trip to Vegas off on the wrong foot...get it fixed and put it behind you! Go have fun!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  16. Mr. Brownestone

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to never say never, but it will be hard to get me in a bad mood. The minute the plane is low enough to see sand it's honestly the only time in my life I allow myself to forget all the problems at work, my kid's school loans, things that need done to the house, etc...

For 4-10 days a year I get to enjoy myself and focus on having fun, drinking too much, gambling over my normal budget and (if she goes) spend time with my wife.

Vegas is my Utopia and I make a real effort to not let that get ruined.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.