1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

“D”owntown, 6/29 thru 7/3

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Scott Blair, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scott, I use to micro roll the D playing that coin drop nickel deuces machine they used to have. They started sending me a BOGO room and $5 in FP. When I switched to playing the coin drop .25 DB for 10 to 12 hours a day, the offers never changed. Hosts always comped the rooms on the back end, but the mailers were not affected by the exponential increase in play. It wasn't until I quit playing there, that they started making attractive offers. I generally suggest putting people put their best gambling foot forward when they start playing at the D. They may well live within a small variation of that initial offer for a while.
    Your offers are about twice as good as mine are. I am skeptical, though, that I will get your offer by playing your coin in. It sounds like you played there around 30% more than usual. I'd loved to here if that makes a difference.
    GG has responded much quicker to increased play.
    4 Q's offers are extremely sensitive to recent play. If you continue the $10,000 a day you will eventually reach the 3 nights, $200 to $300 FP.

2. Scott Blair

Scott Blair VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @wasilla thanks for the info. I’m not sure i can/would continue the same 4Q play unless they had a similar promotion but that may change depending on what kind of offer i get. Their comp and cash back earn rates are pretty impressive so if they offer up some free rooms and token fsp i may spend more time there. I like their 10/6 DDB and 9/6 DDB prog bar tops so I’ll probably give them at least one solid play day each trip. Next trip I’ll max out the fsp coupon at GG to keep those offers coming. It could get tricky to dance with three partners each trip so i need to be careful I don’t burn any of them.

Spring Handpays?
  3. kmarcin

kmarcin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the breakdown. I'm trying to get an understanding (if that's possible) of how comps are doled out.

For example, my mom who has been going to Vegas 2x per year for the past 25+ years and splits her 7 day trip between the Palace Station and The Park (3 nights and 4 nights), just got an offer from The Park of 4 free nights in a suite or in The Nomad, $350 fsp and $300 food. Now I know she gambles hard on the slots (and maybe I'm naive or just don't want to know how much she actually gambles), but if her coin-in approaches ~$55000 for four days at The Park, why is she getting that kind of an offer?

4. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    because the Park and NoMad are doing terribly

Plus, at 55k coin in of slots, she may well be losing 4-7k of theo on the strip, so 1.5-2k of value would be reasonable if her theo is at the high end of that estimate. Obviously, if her theo is closer to 3-4k...that would be a pretty great offer.

5. NittyOne

NittyOne VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just finished, nicely done, thanks for sharing.

6. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah!! Your trips would have to get longer! You played this stay pretty well. Four nights with 2 months of offers at a place with a good game and low play requirements is pretty good planning. I'm guessing that it didn't work out to be there for their point multiplier on the 4th. 4 Q's generally has a couple good holiday WE invitational promotions a year. Otherwise, you might be better off just playing a day there. At least until the send you an irresistible offer.

7. wasilla

wasilla High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Scott, I just browsed a list of July promotions and didn't really see 4th of July multipliers at the D or anywhere else. Does the D not do multipliers on the 4th? I've never been to Vegas in July, but I'm a little surprised.

8. Tonyfromjersey

Tonyfromjersey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First great trip report ! If I’m one third as lucky next month I’ll be happy. If this has been asked or if you mentioned it already I apologize for missing it. You were playing a machine that had a 4000 coin payout for quad aces with a kicker. Where might they be located ? Thanks again for a great report .

9. Scott Blair

Scott Blair VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was 9/6 TDB. There are 8 machines in front of the coffee place near checkin that have this schedule. This is at the $.50 level. It is fun to take a shot but the variance is brutal. Good luck.

Spring Handpays?
  10. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be in town the same dates as you. I plan on using my LVA and ACG coupons at the D and GG for free play, so I imagine I'll be spending 2 days on your machines. Hope to see you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.