1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

20 second, cat related whine, please?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Serious as a heart attack. Continuous sinus problems. And acne/blackheads like you wouldn't believe

He was a cool cat though, full bred Cornish Rex.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a cat that puked a lot.

Not only that buy she was unpleasant to be around. I called her persnickety kitty because she was just that way. You could pet her and she would be fine until that glaze came over her eyes and she looked into your soul and you knew, the attack was incoming any second,

if i was lucky i would have a magazine or something to scrape her off my chest as the bites, scratches and fits of feline fury came at my face and upper torso.

of course, she lived a fine old life to be about 15 years. Was an a hole until about the last day or so. Not that i was glad to see her go, we had our fun and she was there when i started life so we had that.

Funny that even in her old age, she seemed to like samba music. We always danced a bit when some came on and she seemed to enjoy it as much as i did.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh wow. I know Max will get acne if I use plastic bowls with him. Non plastic only.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Samba music huh? She sounds like she was a handful.

• Like Like x 2
  5. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope the medication works for Max. Would love to see a picture of Max excluding the vomit. I’m pretty familiar with what it looks like.

6. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Romeo was a puker too. When he would get bad he would puke several times daily. We would then take him to the vet and he would give him a vitamin B and steroid injection. It usually lasted about 6-9 months. When he was good he would sometimes go a week between puking. He worried a little about it causing feline leukemia but it never did. He lived to be 19 & 1/2 years old. Otherwise pretty healthy. Really didn’t get weak and sick until the last 4-5 months and didn’t puke much at all the last 6-9 months, but he gradually decreased his eating. He Lived a long, very pampered live until this past April.

• Love Love x 2
  7. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    upload_2019-6-24_22-50-3.png upload_2019-6-24_22-50-3.png

• Love Love x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that how you imagined him?

9. UnicornTX

UnicornTX High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course, a beautiful cat.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Gus has rhinosinusitis or possibly something else yet to be diagnosed. Constant snots and snoring. It's horrible. Puking would be my preference. but yeah, I can definitely sympathize.

My local vet can't do anything further to help him and the medications aren't having any effect now. Very few clinics have the equipment to perform a CT scan or rhinoscopy. I've been calling around and found one place in Portland who quoted $3500. So far the veterinary school in Corvallis is looking like the way to go at $1800-$2400. My fear is that after $2400 they are going to say, yup, he has chronic rhinosinusitis. Here's Gus, AKA Snortin Nortin (black tuxedo) with his buddy Jesse James.

gus&jesse.jpg

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you.

• Love Love x 2
  12. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah exactly. I'm sorry they don't even have meds for him. Jethro has eye goobies but, I think that's from somewhere up his family tree. I think there's one of those pushed in face breeds of cats in the grand parents. He's prone to upper respiratory as well. So, we have to keep an eye on that. He had a bout with it and spread it to Max but not Minou. Snot sucks. I don't think it's any better or worse than puke. I mean, I don't know. They both suck.

13. Syringe Monkey

Syringe Monkey Hero of the Baggage Carousel...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why I have a dog...

14. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why is that given an area that is 98% linoleum and 2% carpet, a cat will puke on the carpet every time?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dog farts and turns the light red on the air purifier.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our late dog Lola could peel the paint off the walls with her farts. Good Lord. She could not only wake herself up..but also gross herself out! She's leave the room! You know when they're disgusted by a smell they rub themselves on the carpet to try to "get the smell off"? She would do that.

Oh man, cast iron stomach though. One time, and this isn't a nice story, I wouldn't do this again. My husband really pissed me off. Really bad. I was going away for a girl's weekend. Right before leaving I fed the Lola some Red Hot hot dogs and chili. He never pissed me off before I went away again I'll tell ya that much. *no pit bulls were harmed in this incident...she was fine...incredibly smelly but fine

• Funny Funny x 6
  17. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can sympathize with the cat stories!

My one cat, Jackson, is a sensitive guy. I joked when we adopted him (he was just under a year) that he had anxiety and my boyfriend didn't believe me. He gets very anxious and blows things up in his little cat mind. I'll spare you our hairball story (he's a brown tabby/Bengal mix, so nothing crazy) - but yesterday I took him to the vet, because at 7:00am he decided that was a good time to go outside of the litter box.

We have 2 litter boxes for our cats, covered, crystal litter, not smelly. He chose to ignore them and went in the dining room. Fortunately he went on the dog's blanket/comforter instead of the carpet this time - but this happened a couple of times last week too! At first we thought maybe he was sick, yowling and whining (that he does when he doesn't feel well), but I noticed he had marked his scratching post.

I immediately called the vet and they were able to take him as a drop-off at 8:00a. I brought the sample, and off we went.

He had his complete physical exam, plus bloodwork and he needed his Rabies vax too. All of his tests came back normal (and, what would've cost me $400 was free with his plan - awesome)!!

The vet asked if there had been any changes in our house (Different food, but we switched him back to the previous food because we thought he got sick from that. New top-entry litter box, but I temporarily replaced it with a normal one.....swapped it back when he seemed better) - and then my boyfriend mentioned to me that there was a bobcat in our neighborhood. As soon as I mentioned it, the vet was like, "That might do it!" - so we started using the Feliway plugins again near where he was going, and have opted to close our windows at night. It could be that he smelled or saw something that spooked him. If this doesn't work though, we may need to put him on anti-anxiety medication. He's a handful, but I love him. His sister Chloe on the other hand is seemingly fine, has an iron stomach, and seems blissfully unaware of all the animals outside.

Hopefully he gets better this week! I don't want to worry about him in Vegas.

18. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah, Max is on zylkene for anxiety. And I use the Feliway plugs too. He'll mark if a neighbourhood tom cat comes too close to the house. Not that Max goes outside. But, he will try to run out if our hands are full. It's always the same, he goes around the perimeter of the house sniffing. Checking on his property I guess. No way I could have the windows open unsupervised. One time a big male cat had attached himself to the screen on the living room window and was talking shit to Max and the late Jack. Both Max and Jack were going out of their minds, ruined a set of sheers. Max has always been moody. The type of cat would be purring, then biting you, then purring within like...10 second span of time? He's calmed down a lot in that regard. He also used to hide when people came to the house. Now he'll actually say hello, might even be friendly with you. So, who knows? He's a complicated dude.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn @LolaDoggie - glad I'm not the only one! I've owned cats my whole 30 years of life and so far Jackson takes the cake on medical/mental health issues. I'm hoping we don't have to put him on medication but part of me thinks it'd be better for him in the long run - how does Max take his?

The Feliway plugs seem to work pretty good for both our cats, eases the tension....and I can get a decent deal on Amazon Prime for them!

Glad that Max seems to have mellowed out, that's good! Jax has never been moody in that regard (Chloe kind of can be), but he is scared of new people. It'll take guests 2 - 3 visits for him to not hide under our bed the whole time.

20. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zylkene you can open the capsule and put it in food or milk. Pretty easy. It's more of a supplement than a medication.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.