1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Netflix or other Streaming Service- What 'Cha Watch'in?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by mdee, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Linda Cardellini plays Judy. She was the sister on Bloodline.

If Christina Applegate did a show about shopping for shoes, I would watch it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried the first three episodes Russian Doll and just don't get all the high praise. We gave up.

3. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I started Season 3 of Riverdale. I always shake my head over the fact that the actors in their mid-twenties are portraying kids during the summer between 10th and 11th grade. I'm certain that there were no 16 year olds who looks like the girl who plays Betty when I was 16. I have too much time invested in the show to stop watching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol I haven’t watched Riverdale, but honestly 16 year olds look A LOT different these days than they did when you and I were younger! Haha! There is much less awkward stages in today’s kids.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I've said before, it takes an interesting turn with episode 4. Is it brilliant, is it the greatest show ever? Of course not. I'm not going to tell you that you'll be hooked by a fourth episode, but if you didn't give up on it weeks ago, give it one more shot and see if the story becomes more interesting to you than it has been. I'm not promising it will be, but it takes a hard left in the episode.

I am biased. I don't give two shits about Star Trek. I am bored and disinterested with anything Star Wars. Have been since Episode 3. Space wars and anything of the sort don't intrigue me. But stories of time travel and alternate reality, that suckers me in. So I'm an easy mark for Russian Doll. At the end of episode 4, it's still a modest, forgettable saga, but it's not simply Groundhog Day.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just watched Murder Mystery with Jennifer Aniston:love: and Adam Sandler. Much better than I expected.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. charlestfuller

charlestfuller Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep hearing relatively good things about this movie, but I feel like I have to have a day with nothing to do before giving Adam Sandler my attention anymore haha

8. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I watched the other night, I liked it, my wife didn't. My son tells me they are under contract for 5 more of these.

15 NIGHTS, 16 DAYS, May 8-23, MGM PK, GOLDN NUGGET, TIMESH, MANDALAY
  9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Vegas Insight We watched episode 4 last night and it did become more interesting. Now we'll have to try #5. Glad we hung around for #4.

• Like Like x 1
  10. daveg000

daveg000 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @vegas InsightGuess, @Joe, Now I will have to see which episode we stopped watching "Russian Doll" at

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little late here but we started the ranch with Ashton Kutcher and Sam Elliott. Trying find time to binge watch is hard right now!

12. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bathtubs Over Broadway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Finished Orange/New Black season 6 on Sunday morning. They played up issues of the current political climate when they filmed season 6, and they introduced a bunch of new characters while bringing back a bunch from the past five seasons. For those who don't watch: There was a major shift in the setting for S6. There were some fun, interesting new stories to follow in S6, and some that were rather annoying. Because of the new setting for S6, they were able to drop characters, or phase them out with limited appearances in the season. At the same time, they seem to let other characters just fly off into the wind without a meaningful resolution to their story. Developing a show around such a large ensemble can't be easy, as the show likely isn't overpaying most of the actors, and probably only employs them for a few weeks of the year.

For better or for worse, keeping the show going for seven years is damn impressive. Would anyone have dropped Netflix had they ended Orange/New Black after five seasons? Is anyone signing up for the streaming service now because the show has lasted 78 episodes, and will have one more season before it's over? Both seem unlikely. It has been suggested in the past, somewhere, be it here or elsewhere, that there's little financial incentive for Netflix to string out a TV series for more than a few years. They need lots of programs, old and new, and a steady diet of new shows, to draw people in. Longevity isn't likely to do that, it is argued, and I'd agree.

I'm going to blow through the upcoming Stranger Things season in two weeks or less. I'm going to be a binger!

14. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watched the first episode of the latest season of David Letterman's Netflix talker. It is odd. His guest is Zach Galifianakis. Zach has a Netflix film upcoming, based upon this "Between Two Ferns" bits that are streamed via Funny or Die, evidently. I have not heard of this. Letterman professes to love it, and that wouldn't surprise me. Letterman likes offbeat. He loved Beavis and Butt-head, which is why he had a small roll in their movie.

I haven't seen the Two Ferns videos yet, and I'm not particularly interested, but Letterman seems to love them. But his Galifianakis interview was odd, as if Netflix mandated that Letterman interview Galifianakis as part of season 2, and so Dave talks about nonsensical things and makes odd remarks during the opening 10-15 minutes. It gets to a point where it seems neither guy wants to be there.

16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Showtime, watched the first episode of City On The Hill, with Kevin Bacon. I think it's going to be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Guardian

Guardian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just completed first season of Dexter. Never had Showtime. Now 7 more seasons to go. Hope it stays as interesting as the first year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dark!
    Stranger Things is very good, but Dark is better, without a lot of special effects. Riveting! Even the voice-over has improved in season 2.

19. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dexter is my all time favorite!!

Season 2 is where we really got hooked.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I might look into Dark come fall. Stranger Things is fun, but its writing is lousy. Season 1 didn't bother me, but Season 2 was a mess and three episodes into Season 3 I find the show is as lackluster as Season 2 when it comes to the writing. At least some of the pointless characters we were introduced to in Season 2 have a purpose in season 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.