$20 Mandalay Bay/Delano

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Mandalay Bay next week (Weds - Sunday) and planning on trying the $20 sandwich trick. It seems from what I have read on this forum and others that, if an upgrade is given, it is usually from MB to the Delano. That would be great, but my wife is concerned that if we stay at Delano, she will not be able to use the spa at MB. (Yes, I know that Delano also has a spa, but MB's spa is her favorite on the strip.) Does anyone know whether guests of Delano can also use the spa at MB? And, if not, is it even worth it to try the $20 sandwich?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always stay at Delano and use Mandalay Bay's spa.

3. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in to Delano yesterday for one night. Asked for a North Strip View. Was told nothing available. However when I produced a tip one instantly became available, lol. Gave her $10 cos it wasn’t a great upgrade. However we should have saved our money as the view was so much better from Skyfall Lounge for free and with a free glass of champagne. Delano is beautiful but quite disappointed to realise even in the Delano pool an umbrella was $75 per person. Ouch. 40 degrees and no shade for free in Delano or MB. Not impressed. Came back to my timeshare to sunbathe, lol.

4. Kevke

Kevke Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone had recent $20 dollar trick for Delano ?

5. Jaydub

Jaydub Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in on Friday, 1/4 for a two night MyVegas Comp stay. Was not expecting much due to the weekend and the comp. I like to chat the desk clerk up, ask about their day, and then ask about any complimentary upgrades while holding a $20 clearly in my hand. She was able to move us from a Resort King to a Bay King, and give us a $75 F&B credit. Overall, a win.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Vegasmiragegirl

Vegasmiragegirl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 3 nights booked on a comp over a weekend next month at Mandalay Bay, but I’d really like to switch to the Delano. There are 3 of us and we need that extra room (hopefully with a rollaway.) I’m planning to tip a $50 at check in and hoping for a complimentary upgrade to Delano. Is that reasonable or not enough? This trip is also celebrating an upcoming wedding and birthday, so I’m going to mention that too. Not sure it will make any difference. I don’t think my travel companions will want to pay extra, so I’m trying to keep the cost low enough for me to pay it, and not lose my gambling money in the process.

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, if you want a Delano room, book a room at Delano. Hoping for an upgrade from Mandalay to Delano is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Those upgrades do happen, but they’re rare.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vegasmiragegirl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get what you’re saying, but I have 3 nights free at MB vs a $275 cost with my offers for Delano. The last time I stayed at MB they offered the upgrade to Delano. I didn’t realize it was that rare.

9. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It won't hurt to try :) As a consolation, the rooms at Mandalay are pretty decently sized at about 550 square feet. So if worse comes to worse and you have to stay at Mandalay, 3 people in one of their rooms shouldn't be too crowded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. romeocasido

romeocasido High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a double queen at the aria. I was denied a rollaway bed because having a rollaway in a double queen is a safety hazard... Having said that, Mandalay Bay rooms are huge! And i can picture a rollaway being able to fit in there no problem, i just don't know if the hotel sees it that way as well..

But weren't you offered a delano comp offer as well? Both hotels use the same VIP # 866.359.7778... Just call and ask them to switch if it's not too late

11. Vegasmiragegirl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting about them denying the rollaway, that sucks. I don’t have comps at Delano, only MB. I called VIP and the person I spoke to was like a robot, basically said I could switch to Delano, but they weren’t giving me any wiggle room. Oh well, I’ll just try at check-in for the upgrade.

12. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am here currently for 6 nights, 5 nights comp and 1 night at a cheap rate. Gave the lady at check in a $20, She gave me free early checkin(8 am), an upgrade to an executive king, and comped the last night for me. Not bad for $20

• Like Like x 6
  13. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not surprised folks are getting an upgrade. We used to love going there but found their CS was lacking as was their cocktail service.

14. QuaDxAceZ

QuaDxAceZ High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t had any issues with customer service so far this trip but I agree that cocktail service is lacking a bit here, although it is a very busy weekend

15. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed here last week on a comp offer for four nights. $40 at check-in got an upgrade from Resort King room to Elite King Suite on the 58th floor. Nice room and happy with the outcome! Room had a seperate living room and partial strip views.

16. Colesc15

Colesc15 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What should I hope for? We're checking into Delano for two comped nights in a scenic suite but would like an upgrade

17. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm, seems like a tricky one, it's quite a big jump in room type after scenic suite. When I stayed at Delano a few years ago I was bumped up to Scenic Suite from the standard room and got 5 days worth of day spa passes. I think it might be hard to get an upgrade from Scenic Suite unless they have super low occupancy.

18. 1stoppop

1stoppop Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did you manage to get 5 says worth of spa passes?

19. Strikes

Strikes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the $50 or so trick when checking in. I didn't specifically ask for the spa passes it was just something that she added in (I didn't actually realise at the time that it was worth ok money - I went a couple of times). She said she'd noted on the account to waive all spa day pass fees (which happened). This was back in December 2017.

20. Napoleon Solo

Napoleon Solo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying there July 29th for 6 nights. Comped all the nights so hooping a $50 gets me into a Elite room