1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poker room recommendations

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by Verboten72, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verboten72

Verboten72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be headed to Vegas in April splitting my stay between Bally's and The D. Looking for recommendations for the best (softest) 1/2 NL games within walking distance of those two spots for a recreational player...not looking to swim with the sharks or sit at a table full of OMC regs.

I'm pretty sure my only option downtown will be at the Nugget, but I'm open to any other suggestions mid-strip. My only prior Vegas poker experience includes PH, Caesar's, and Harrah's. I enjoyed PH the most but I'd like to check out some new rooms for this next trip, so please let me know where you would go for a fun atmosphere and a great game.

2. spdandpwr

spdandpwr VIP Whale

Given what you just wrote, I'd avoid the Wynn, Aria, and Bellagio rooms

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dante25

dante25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flamingo is probably the softest in town

• Like Like x 2
  4. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played in Mandalay Bay last weekend, if flamingo IS softer than that, they bring theirs chips to you on a tray with a beer.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many games were going at Mandalay? Last survey showed it is nearly dead.

The issue I'd have with going from mid-Strip to Mandalay is it's a bit of a walk to the next room, whereas you could hit Harrahs/CP/Flamingo/Ballys pretty quickly, or even just table change within the room you're at.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The soft rooms are loaded with tourists, so which one is "softest" will change all the time.

And you don't get any real scary regs in a 1-2 game, generally. Caesars has its share of lifer OMCs, but its not like they are worldbeaters. Haven't seen a lot of regs at the other CET places.

Bally's where you are staying can be a good game, and can earn you comps to the Paris buffet which is a nice bonus.

Download the Bravo Poker app and you can also track room rules and which rooms have tables running and their wait lists. At a busy time you will want to be calling and getting on lists. In off hours not every room is even a lock to have a game running. So good to keep your options open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Diana Flores

Diana Flores Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Orleans has a great ambiance for NL games

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. gebruiker

gebruiker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was completely full, but this was last saturday, super bowl weekend. Download bravo app as suggested.

9. Bobandy

Bobandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From my personal experience, for softest game I would suggest Harrahs. I also enjoy the Venetian 1-2 NL as they usually have a large amount of 1-2 tables going and my experiences there I was seated at tables full of tourists.

• Like Like x 1
  10. eliicious

eliicious Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said above, definitely download the Bravo app to see what games are running around you. On the strip, outside of PH, Flamingo and Harrahs would be my suggestion in terms of softness. However, if you loved the PH late evening vibe, I don't think many (if any) other rooms on the strip can match it both in terms of players, drinking, and music.

In the end, most 1/2 games are generally soft. So, if you want to sit in luxury and drink Fiji's for a bit, Aria is a beautiful room w/ good service and in the evening can have some good games - at least a couple recs if not more at most tables.

• Like Like x 1
  11. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just my experiences: Harrah's used to have fairly soft games when I've been there, but the past couple of trips there were a lot of regs. As for the Venetian, I've found many tough players. Of course, it depends on the day and table.

12. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wear comfortable shoes. You're in the best place in the world that I know to find good games. If the place you're in doesn't have any, there's a place a quarter mile away that does. As others have mentioned, soft games depend on tourists. You never know where those people will be until you look for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Barolo

Barolo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the end, most 1/2 games are generally soft. So, if you want to sit in luxury and drink Fiji's for a bit, Aria is a beautiful room w/ good service and in the evening can have some good games - at least a couple recs if not more at most tables.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better FIJI water FTW plus your in the middle of everything so you can hop from room to room on center strip. Flamingo has a 1-1 PLO game that is pretty fun if your looking to mix it up and dabble outside of NL. Download the Bravo Poker App and you'll have real time updates on what games are running at EVERY poker room in Vegas. Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  14. meriH

meriH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can someone explain what "Soft" and "OMC" mean?

Thanks!

15. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soft games are games that are easily beatable. Soft as opposed to hard or tough games.

OMC means "Old man coffee". This typically describes an older player who drinks coffee/non-alcoholic drinks and doesn't give a lot of action. Not necessarily a good player, but not a spot at the table that will drop a lot of money. Typically seen frequently in the morning.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bonzai

Bonzai Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. TuscaloosaJohnny

TuscaloosaJohnny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas: