1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ummmmm...just what the hell was I thinking?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Beach Crazy, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

My Trip Report

Not really a trip report but here’s a few photos from NSF. I had no intentions of making it to Vegas for the fun, not that I didn’t want to, I just didn’t think it would be possible. After several phone calls with various people Friday who were already out there and a phone call to the hubby to make sure it was ok, I found myself online at 5:26 pm booking a flight out of Chicago Midway that left at 9 pm that evening. Of course it’s like a 2 hour drive for me to get to Midway so I had no time to spare if I was gonna make the flight. Just threw a bunch of crap in a bag and I was off. I hit traffic around Joliet which really slowed me down so by the time I got to the airport it was 8:30. Knowing I didn’t have time to make it around to the other side of the airport where I would normally park I pulled into the first economy lot I saw that had a shuttle bus just sitting there. Parked, grabbed my stuff and ran to the shuttle explaining that my flight left at 9 the driver made every attempt to get me there in time to make my flight. At 8:45 I was standing in the line to go through security just knowing I wasn’t going to make the flight. They only had one line open, it took me 8 minutes to get through. A quick look at my watch and it was 8:53. I grabbed my boots, not even bothering to put them on, and ran to the gate which was naturally at the far end of the concourse. As I got closer to the gate I could see lines and lines of people....thank god, the flight had been delayed so I got there just as they were boarding. I was the last one on the plane. After sitting there a few minutes and composing myself all I could think was...Just what the hell was I thinking when I decided to do this. And then it hit me....I have absolutely no idea what lot I parked in.

When I got to the airport the party limo was waiting. As I was standing at the carousel waiting for my luggage I hear several familiar voices calling my name and in hand is a big ol’ Captain and Diet. Yes, nothing like hanging out at the luggage carousel with a big drink and good friends, I think I could get use to that!! And the party was on....

Here’s some thoughts:

Sticky was kind enough to offer the extra bed in her room, so I got to stay at NYNY for the first time.

Made it back to Hogs and Heiffers, and got to see some chick dance on the bar topless...oh yeah, she did have pasties.

I think Chef has become the official T2V chauffeur. He does a great job but definitely needs to leave those stinky boots back at the room.

Mikey has turned Sticky into a Pai Gow freak.

What happens in the limo, stays in the limo.

Pampers Guy needs to get a life.

The food and service at Bamboleos sucks.

Had my first 99¢ shrimp cocktail. Yummy!!

Carnival Court is always a fun time....well, except for the hundy I lost at the blackjack table in record time.

The king suites at the IP are totally cheezzzzzzy.

Marty needs to quite sleeping at the bar.

The beds at Wynn are just as comfy as everyone says.

Cleopatra’s Barge is still rockin’.

The bars in NYNY still make the best pina colada’s.

Yelling “Monkey†at a blackjack table in the LVC will make everyone look at you.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not own any “granny panties.â€

The pizza at Sirrico’s in NYNY needs more sauce.

Going to Vegas on the spur of the moment can save you a lot of time and money.

It’s always a fun time with my friends from the board!!

One final thought....so what do you think the odds would be on this? When I went to leave the airport last night and had no idea what lot my car was in I talked to someone at the help desk who told me to go out and get on any bus and they would help me find it. When I get outside there are about 7 buses sitting there, nothing looked familiar so I just chose one. I got on and explained my situation to the driver who tells me that he will drop everyone else off and then he would help find my car. As we are just pulling away he stops and yells back at me. “You’re not the one who left for Vegas Friday night and were afraid you were gonna miss your flight?†Yep, it was the same driver from Friday night who knew exactly where my car was. Score!!!!!

Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

What do girls really do behind closed doors in Vegas?? Jump on the beds :)
    [​IMG]

Shock makes a smokin’ pimp.
    [​IMG]

Martys Birfday party at the Palace.
    [​IMG]

How many people can you get in a Stratus?
    [​IMG]

Chef and Shock to the rescue.
    [​IMG]

Cute girls!!.
    [​IMG]

Dinner at Bamboleos
    [​IMG]

Busted, dude!!!
    [​IMG]

View from our room at NYNY.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Party Limo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Until March.....Beach Crazy :wiggle:

2. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn good times! Oh, and for those that don't know...March just got hotter, cuz BeachCrazy and I booked a 2 bedroom suite at the IP...the party just got better cuz we'll have 2, count 'em, 2 bathrooms this time!!!!

So glad you came out girlfriend and I can't wait until MM4!!!!!

3. blackjack

blackjack Monkey!!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find that's pretty much true everywhere I yell "Monkey"... some people just don't get it. When you called on your way to Midway, I was so freaking jealous. Then I get a drunk call from Marty about an hour before your arrival... damn it sucks to be on the other end of those calls.

Nice pics... now email the "other" ones. :poke:

4. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Outstanding. T2V representing again.
    The Las Vegas travel bureau called, they want their ad script back.

5. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As for that last picture: Sin, I'll give you $20 to switch places with you :wink2:

6. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $20 ain't enough partner!!!

7. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The funny thing is - I think everyone on these boards can read your thoughts in that picture. :poke:

8. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Dude. Our friends know how to do it Right.

what's the countdown to MMIV ?!

9. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as that last pic is concerned... If you look closely, you'll see that all three of them were on my lap at the time.

That's my "MM OG" Vegas license plate t-shirt I was wearing that night.

Three lappies for the price of... zero!

Mikey

10. StickyFingers007

StickyFingers007 Namer of T2V Gatherings

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sticky got some 'splainin to do back home

thanks Angy! lol great time can't wait too see these on a screen larger than 3 inches

sticky out

11. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That looks like one big d*mn party bus.

12. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You were thinkin'...

of how much fun you were going to miss after I had been baiting you about coming out for the last 4 weeks. I still can't believe you made your flight out. We always have fun when we are in the same local, and this time did not disappoint.

Sleeping at the bar? When? Ok I was tired. I should have quit playing BJ with you and Scott and got a nap in.

Good move finding the right shuttle driver. A very big win at the end of a short trip. Glad you made it home alright.

Marty

13. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :blink:

uh, Terry, you want to handle this one?

14. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really think the word "nap" was used for "I need to go detox my system for a couple of hours" as it seemed almost everyone needed one during the NSF stretch. Unfortunely for me, I was never near my room until 6am in the morning, so I never got to take a one :Þ

Great hanging out with you Miss Angy and I'm happy to see that you made it home safe and sound. Odd though, as I checked my messages on my machine at home and I've got one from you from Saturday night when we all went to H&H. I wasn't THAT far away you know :evillaugh

15. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. Simply awesome. You had me biting my nails at the start. Nice to know security doesn't seem as bad as every has hyped it to be.

16. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As always, SH0CK, reads between the lines.

17. RossW

RossW North of the 49th

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done Angy!! :thumbsup:

Last minute travel plans always seem to be the most fun, at least I think so.

The heart really starts racing and the body temp rises when your rushing to make a flight, doesn't it. :eek:
    I've done the mirror image of your "making the flight" scramble, and have raced to McCarran to make my plane exiting Vegas, not getting to Sin City.

Glad it was fun. :)

RW

18. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ...SNIFF... wish i could have met up with you. midterms suck...a lot. well i guess there is always March! Sounds like I missed a great time, well done Angy. Miss ya

Andrea

19. Jack21

Jack21 Guest

Nicely done, Angy...looks like the outstanding buffoonery this clan has long perfected.

Of course, it ain't nuthin' like playing videographer for a bunch of 4 year-olds prancing around at my daughter's birthday party....

:rolleyes2:

20. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I just knew we should have performed another "kidnapping." :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.