1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage - Tell me the good, bad and ugly.

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LV_Bound, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checking dates out in Aug for the Mirage Suite and actually none of the suites are listed as "available" which I find weird.
    Are these rooms you only get via upgrade or through a host?

2. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Out of curiosity, is that the norm for MGM properties to let you just pay an upgraded night from a comped room? When I get comped rooms at Wynncore they do not allow you to just pay an extra cost to upgrade, they will give me the other things that come with my comp stay but I have to pay the normal rate (whatever is best promotion st the time) for the suite. Wynncore rooms are fantastic anyways but I like to spoil my wife and since we only go a couple times per year I don’t mind paying the extra but I always thought it would be nice if they would knock the value of the comped standard room off the cost of the Tower Suite or just charge an upgrade fee per night to upgrade to a Tower King or Parlor Suite.

3. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know others have answered and can confirm (per my DH) wine and beer are included for all meals including breakfast.
    Breakfasts are good - we always get made to order fried eggs or omelettes at the cooking station on the left as you enter the buffet. Weird, but for toast you have to go across to the cereal and salad station and ask for it; they make it while you wait. Good bacon, yum. If you like fresh grapefruit and orange sections, it’s not at the pastry station, it’s in the section where the hot cereal and hash browns are located, again, weird :)

From Mirage website:
    With eleven international cooking stations, a street of restaurants serving all-you-can-eat dishes, the only buffet to offer enhanced self-service beverage stations with 150 Coca Cola flavors, and unlimited beer & wine with every entry, Cravings Buffet satisfies even the biggest appetites and thirsts!

Enjoy Unlimited Beer & Wine with your buffet experience:
    Seasonal Beers
    Bud Light
    Liberty Creek Chardonnay
    Liberty Creek Cabernet Sauvignon
    Liberty Creek White Zinfandel

Available for guests that are 21 years of age or older.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Packeral

Packeral High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked the last week in August (Sunday thru Thursday)and everything was available. Including villas.

5. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done it at every Mlife property. You can negotiate too. At Bellagio I’ve gotten the Bellagio Suite three times and even a Cypress suite! I’ve had at least four stays in a presidential at Mirage and last time at Aria I was offered the corner suite ahead of time but ended up with a panoramic for no charge. Once I was with a friend and we needed 2 beds but didn’t want to go to the spa tower and she put is in the top floor double with super high ceilings and the curve at the top. It seemed much bigger than standard maybe because it was on the suite floor.

I’ve never done the sandwich. I’ve been polite, asked kindly and was willing to wait for the room I’d like. I have turned down suites out of my budget. I also often give out candy to the staff, maybe that helps. It isn’t a bribe, just something I like to do. The CWs and bell staff love it....along with the standard tip of course,

• Love Love x 1
  6. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria likes to send out emails offering Suite upgrades on comp'd and discounted room rates. Or they have in the past.

Mirage used to let you pre-book the upgrade from comp'd rooms to The Tower King but last year we had to wait until check in. The girl charged us $20 a night for the upgrade but after a weird conversation with her I think she would have just taken the $20 sandwich.

I would be interested to see what a Mirage Suite bump would be on a com'd room.

7. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That’s great news. I like that they do that. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always enjoyed staying at Mirage, and I've always been a little partial to it because my two biggest wins happened playing craps there. :) I wish Kokomo's was still there however, as I think Heritage Steak is average.
    The bathrooms are a little small, so if that's an issue you may want to step up to a suite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.