1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Deals for Alcohol in Las Vegas? Costco, Lee's, Total Wine or?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by MinRaiser66, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MinRaiser66

MinRaiser66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to get a deal on alcohol but I know the prices can widely fluctuate depending on sales and time of year. Who generally has the best deals and selection overall on booze in Vegas?

2. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question. I'm here for answers.

However, I will add that I love the Costco Kirkland Silver Tequila and Vodka. $15 bucks for 1.75 Liters. It's good quality and inexpensive. You can easily host a party for 50 people and not spend too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Jake13

Jake13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can look at Total Wine prices on their website and according to their website, Lee's is having a buy 1 get one for 1 penny sale, mostly wine, but some booze. They list what is on sale.

4. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco hands down. I’ve done all of the liquor stores from ABC to Lee’s to some of the shady ones in the areas around the Strip. Costco is way cheaper and also serves as a good one-stop shop for anything else you’ll need. The only issue with costco is that you’ll likely need a rental car due to the distance from the Strip in order to make it economical.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MinRaiser66

MinRaiser66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done the online comparisons and it has been very helpful. The Penny sale offered by Lee's looks good as a promotion but Total's wine prices are very closely matched at their sale prices. The problem with Costco is it is difficult to find anything with their liquor prices online. I have to wait to get there to compare. I would like to know what others think so I don't have to price compare on my own. I can just one stop shop when I get there! Thanks everyone for your info.

6. MinRaiser66

MinRaiser66 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will have a car as I am staying up in Summerlin. Thank you for your info. It's great that I can use your experience to avoid running around on my own! Costco Gas is cheap too!

• Like Like x 1
  7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on what you want. I doubt you'd beat Costco prices but do you want a huge bottle and do they have the alcohol you want? For me for a trip to Vegas, the answer is no. For a party, the answer might be yes. (my Costco doesn't have liquor because I live in an ABC state, so I've only visited in Wisconsin, haven't looked at the liquor selection in Vegas) If I wanted 750ml of a nice vodka, gin, bourbon - I'd probably go to Lees. I have had WAY too much fun filling up my cart there in the past. And then I could get more variety in smaller bottles appropriate to a long weekend trip to Vegas. But again - depends on the quantity and variety you're looking for....

I haven't shopped Total Wine in Vegas - again, ABC state here so my Total Wine only has wine & beer - and it's good for that but not my top choice for most things because I have good specialty beer & wine stores that I prefer to use.

8. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vons is an option and free delivery last time I used them

• Like Like x 1
  9. Don the Dentist

Don the Dentist LV resident

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Either Lees or Total Wine. Check the ads for what you are looking for.

10. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco has so few Choices and I drink Luksusowa Polish Potato Vodka.
    Lee's Discount Liquor is cheaper than Total Wine for my choices

11. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few months ago when I came into town solo my Uber driver was all about taking me to a liquor store despite me saying repeatedly I wasn’t interested. So shady ones are out there

12. jlpkap

jlpkap Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you use your b-connected card at Suncoast you'll get I believe a 10% discount, at there gift shop. Not a huge assortment like Orleans has an entire store, but prices are in line.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll throw a vote in for Total Wine. We actually drove out to the one in Summerlin from the strip, which is 5 mins from Suncoast, because we love Veil vodka (I think it's exclisive to them) and they always have some scotches I like.

Wish I had known Costco has liquor when I was at Red Rock. Ours has only beer & wine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. azbob

azbob MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The new Total Wine ad was in the paper today and I just happened to go to Costco this week and bought some wine. Comparing those prices, Costco was about a dollar cheaper on everyone one. The wines were in the $12-$15 dollar range per bottle so that is around 8-9% cheaper. Their Kirkland brand wines and liquors are worth a try especially for items like tequila if you are mixing.

15. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We actually picked up some vodka, wine, mixers in Target during this past August's LV trip....good prices on liquor, and a full assortment of departments for whatever else you might need. In Maryland the state doesn't allow grocery, discount, and warehouse stores to sell wine, beer and hard liquors..sucks. I wish our Sam's and Costco weren't restricted...great prices and good assortment.

16. Sprocket

Sprocket Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Order from Von's and they deliver, unless you have a rental car, then go to costco!

17. MARK

MARK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lees has way better selection than Costco. The savings between your choices would be very minimal IMO. Go for whatever is easy.

18. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costco cherry picks the top movers and also some one time only products to sell.

Gotta ask, have you tried Sobieski Polish Vodka? It’s made from rye grain. Very reasonable, about the price of Smirnoff.

As for Total Wine, they have many labels that are exclusive to them, but I guess when you sell $3 billion of booze a year you can get some buying power.

20. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I switched to Luksusowa because for some reason my body doesnt seem to like alcohol anymore, non grain vodka did help a little, but going to bed at 2:45 and waking up at 5-6 am with Heartburn that feels like you might die from it, has stopped most of my drinking. It didn't happen every time, but it happened often enough to scare me straight.
    I haven't had a drink in 3 months, but I will be drinking in Vegas in December until the symptoms come back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.