1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Redeeming MyVegas rewards that require stays at properties when staying on Comped nights

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by uncurlhalo, Sep 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncurlhalo

uncurlhalo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious if anyone has successfully redeemed a MyVegas reward that requires a minimum stay at an MGM property when staying at a property on comped nights. Of note though, the offer for comped nights came through M Life and I'm curious if that makes a difference.

2. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No problem. Have done it many times including twice today.They don't care how you paid or didn't pay (except for freeplay at certain properties), only that you are staying there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed, no problems at all with exception of freeplay (I think if your comped offer includes freeplay you can’t get more freeplay through MyVegas ?!?). No issues with any other’rewards’

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. uncurlhalo

uncurlhalo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the answers. I had heard about the freeplay restrictions but wasnt sure about things like buffets or tickets to shows. Awesome though, this means i'll get like at least a day of free meals :D

5. audioaxes

audioaxes Tourist

hello, any more details on this free play restriction? In the past (about 2+ years ago) I had no problems stacking on free play offers onto my myvegas comp'd room. I even merged two separate myvegas comp rewards from my wife and I's accounts into a single reservation to take advantage of myvegas freeplay rewards that require a 2 night stay.
    I was hoping to do that again with myvegas comp room booking at NYNY. Will I likely have issues trying to do this?
    thanks

6. WHU66

WHU66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that's still ok (not tried it myself). I think if you had a comped offer (not myVegas) including free play, you can't then add MyVegas free play onto that stay, ie double free play.....just my interpretation of the rules!

7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have both a $25 and $50 at aria which I plan to use next week. I purchased them before the new rules. I’m hoping they work. Going forward I’m not so sure.

9. ineedavegasfix

ineedavegasfix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there in late July and stayed at Aria - 3 nights comped with MLife with $50.00 free play. No problem at all using our MyVegas free play as well.

10. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

It is not July anymore and the rules have changed

11. ineedavegasfix

ineedavegasfix Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't realize that the rules had changed but yes, I did realize that it's not July anymore. :haha: Have a great day!

12. audioaxes

audioaxes Tourist

13. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does this "not being able to cash MyVegas free play awards" when you stay for 8 nights, 4 nights comped by Mlife and 4 nights paid out of my own pocket? Anybody knows this?

14. michele14

michele14 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are at Excalibur now and when my daughter tried to use the $25 freeplay she had to wait until our second reservation kicked in which had paid nights to redeem it. Our first reservation was a free Myvegas room and the second had both comp and paid nights. We had a supervisor helping us and she said that this was always the way it was supposed to work but until recently it wasn’t always enforced. She said they have to adhere to the terms now and actually have to check and see if there are paid nights.

15. audioaxes

audioaxes Tourist

NYNY completely shutdown my attempt to redeem freeplay this last weekend. Manager echoed that the myvegas freeplay could not be redeemed on myvegas comp room nights. Additionally he said you could no longer chain together separate back to back reservations under a different name (my wife booked one myvegas night and booked the other) and have that be considered as a 2 night stay. I used to do this no problems but oh well, fun while it lasted.

16. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just MHO, this is probably a stipulation from mLife. mLife has been watching very closely the amount of revenue being generated by myVegas comps. I detailed mLife's reasoning for dropping out of HGS the past year, and why they put the stipulations in for this year's mLife award.

And, you have to read the T&C very carefully. Note that for the HGS award, a myVegas comp is NOT allowed, and there is some confusion about mLife comps. We will know in about 2 weeks when a friend of mine tries to use the HGS award while using an mLife Aria comp.

I am very interested in this because I am using a mLife comp at MGM Grand while using an HGS award in late November

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.