1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Gaggles & JR Live July 6-9: Caesars and Mirage Last Trip For Awhile I Swear!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Gaggles, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Good afternoon my intrepid Vegas adventurers. It is with a bit of hesitation and trepidation that I do another TR so shortly after the last two, having just returned from Tahoe/Reno a mere 8 days ago. More is not always necessarily better and I don't want my fellow VMBers getting bored with my trip reports. So I hope nobody is rolling their eyes or shaking their heads at my exploits as I embark on yet another Vegas adventure.

This trip was booked after my Tahoe trip was booked but not before my early June trip. I don't even remember anymore why JR and I booked the first trip in early June. Had to be a good reason but for the life of me I can't remember anymore. You know you are going to Vegas too much when things are blurring together. In any event, their was a reason for this trip. It was an offer that I could not refuse. Up front expenses are a $200ish Allegiant flight. About $40 for parking and gas. For that I am getting:

- Three nights comped Augustus room at CP.
    - Free Norwegian cruise for 2.
    - $375 Free Play from CET.
    - Free room at Mirage with $50 Resort Credit. I will be double booked for Sunday mainly because I want to use the Mirage pool. I do realize this is a break even proposition with the Resort Fee I will pay. But it is free booze at the pool for an afternoon. I am not even sure if I will check into the room.

So when you compare up front costs, I am kinda sticking it to the man would you not agree? In fact I might put forth that it is stupid for me NOT to take advantage of this lapse in judgement on behalf of CET to give so generously!!!

Initially I had booked this flight not knowing if JR was going to attend. The sole intent of this trip was only to pick up that darn cruise as I fully acknowledge that I have been a bit of a filthy Vegas/Reno/Tahoe Gambling Slut the last month or so. But JR and I want this cruise for a December get away out of Florida before Xmas.

When I land Friday at noon I am unsure if I will check in at CP or head straight to MGM. I have a group of friends who rented a bed there and I wanna hit the ground running hard. Or do I check in and then zip to MGM. But that will take away an hour of precious, drunken pool time.

JR will arrive for two nights around 9:00 pm and meet me somewhere???? No idea at this point. But I should be well on my way. She has to fly out later due to work and a lack of holidays. Friday night is Wild Card night and I have no idea what will happen.

Saturday I have booked us tickets to a show. I cannot reveal what that is on this board as I am keeping it a secret from her. She is sneaky and may look to this board so I dare not mention it.

On Sunday I have another friend and his gf arriving and I may be hanging with them for a bit after a day at the Mirage pool. JR will likely be joining for a cocktail or two but her plane leaves around 5:00 on Sunday so it she will have to keep things under control.

I have also booked a room for tomorrow in Great Falls. The reviews on it were so bad I said to JR, "I have to stay at this place"! Because I am by myself for tomorrow night I can stay at a place that could be labeled as "on the rustic side". I look forward to sharing more info later. Later being tonight after I pack as I think I am leaving right after work tomorrow so I can get in one cocktail at the Sip N Dip in Great Falls. I dare not be too late as the hotel I am staying at allegedly locks the doors to the Inn at midnight and I would be sleeping in my car until the morning.

Oh I think we are gonna have some gun on this one guys.

So once again, I hope my third trip report in a month is not overkill and I hope you all still will enjoy the ride. I know how much I enjoy others trip reports when I am not in Vegas and I just want you guys to have a little fun with me as I am fortunate enough to get to go as often as I do.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
    • Like Like x 16
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Luck

3. Scott Blair

Scott Blair VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep on visiting and posting. I for one never get bored of reading trip reports.

Spring Handpays?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love your reports. Let the festivities begin!

5. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never gets boring reading your adventures with either the "guys" or JR!
    Have a great time and can't wait to see what you get up to this trip!!
    Enjoy!!!

6. Suekel

Suekel VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never get tired of your TR's, glad you are doing another one already. Safe travels and have fun!

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to it! I told you in PM which part I'm really interested in and I'm going to keep quiet about the secret. :) But please give us all the details, so I can live vicariously through you.... again! :nworthy:

8. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could go every week and I’d read along.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the affirmation. I don't wanna overkill this thing so I hope I can keep you entertained.

One of my friends and his wife is at the airport. He has two kids and hasn't been for a couple years and he is bursting.

On of our fellow VMBer's messaged me as he lives in Great Falls. When he heard I was staying at a SUPER cheap hotel he was kind enough to do a little sleuthing to see if I would be at a den of too much ill repute. Luckily for me it only USED to be a den of ill repute. The new owners have spruced it up a bit. I think this just adds to the party. Thanks goes out to ref59405 for looking out for me. If things go according to plan we may meet up for a cold soda tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude, please do NOT post pics from when you go to the Puppetry of the Penis show.

11. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that!

12. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I wasn't going to but now....

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay kids, Gaggles is on the road and JR is on her way to get her nails done. I have checked in fir my flight and I get a cozy little window seat on one of Allegiant’s new planes. So far everything is smoother than Macker’s nuts the night after he was hazed at his fraternity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jsr1968....going over to Sip N Dip. Room here not as bad as I expected.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will have beers/drinks at Sip and Dip one day!

16. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like a nice room. Even with the cute little a/c unit that couldn't handle Vegas.

Good luck!

17. bighead1970

bighead1970 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the pool and bikini pics! Hit a couple dollar royals for good measure!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh man you guys that hotel was classic. Front desk lady has her dog with her behind the desk and shut things down at 12:00, I presume because that’s when desk closes and I saw her at 11:00. Well hard working gal back at it this morning. Looked like she rolled straight outta bed. Hair was a bit wild but I respect her work ethic.

Last night I needed an iron and board. I went with her to the boiler room to get it. And despite the fact that it looked clean by the pics, I’m pretty sure housekeeping peed in the toilet and didn’t flush after they were done cleaning my room.

However as I have been told by my Great Falls connections, it is off the local authorities radar since new ownership took over and renovated and you can also no longer buy meth there.

On the positive side, I could see Sip N Dip from my hotel and walked right over. One beer and -$45 on Deuces Wild Joker Poker and I called it a night.

This isn’t a hotel I would have booked with JR, although she’s cool and wouldn’t have complained, but I had to do it. The reviews of this hotel made me book it and JR shake her head.

The plane is here and I am at the airport. My buddy and his wife have checked into their day bed at MGM and I will be joining. Hmmmm....that sounded bad.....

He played mostly poker last night as he has t been to Vegas in years. He says he was rusty. Big losing hand when he got all in with but flush on a three way pot and lost. I mentioned to him that for a guy to get into a three way his first night in Vegas is no small feat!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I wish I could have taken a pic of the nice but startling looking front desk lady. Little bed head going on. But hard working and super nice!!

20. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And is it wrong that I am mad craving going straight to Stage Door for some carny game bar tops and $1 beers instead of MGM pool???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.