1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

ACG or LVA Magnolia 2-1 Lunch or Dinner Entree ?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by VegasLover8, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Been a few years since I've eaten there. And it looks they updated their menu online

I know we have used it for sandwiches in past.

Just wondering if the BOGO can be used for pizzas?

2. Keith Bird

Keith Bird Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Magnolia's ACG Coupon every visit and make sure they know I intend on using it, but have never had an issue. They use the highest price menu item on the bill. I always, and mean always tip the waitress based on the full amount and not the discount as they do their job, and well every time we have been there ;-)

3. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately you can't use it for anything from Chicago Brewing, which is where the pizzas come from. On the other hand, I find Chicago Brewing pizzas (especially the deep dish) to be worth full menu price, unlike most of the Magnolia's menu items. I used to use the ACG/LVA BOGO for the ribs which were decent but not worth the full $21 menu price, but they've been taken off the menu. My guess is that with a full rack of legit BBQ ribs being sold across the street at Binions for $14 or so, 4Q wasn't selling a ton of ribs. The nice thing about the BOGO coupons is that they let you use them as a 50% off if solo, which I typically am.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Keith Bird

Keith Bird Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it on a deep dish pizza and prime rib in Oct with no problems. Not both for me.... I had a guest. Smashed the pizza tho...

6. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. I'm almost sure they've told me it can't be used on pizza from Chicago Brewing before, but I just looked again at the coupons and they don't actually say that, so maybe it depends on the server. If so, I can see me getting two entrees and saving the leftovers for breakfast. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Keith Bird

Keith Bird Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    VegasKid74, that is part of the reason I posted the link for the Magnolia's Menu which shows Pie's (Pizza) - Bottom Page far right about mid page.

8. Fet297

Fet297 113 survivor North Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IIRC they have a sign posted by the cashier stating 2 for 1 coupons are not valid on pizza.

9. Keith Bird

Keith Bird Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Info Fet297. I nhave never tried the pie (Pizza) at Magnolia's but was considering it for our trip in Aug.

I have had the Reuben Sandwich and it hit the mark with a 22 oz. Sun Down Stout. I have also had the Chicken Parm. and it to was good. Others in my party had steaks which they all agreed they would order again, as well as the 14 oz. porkchop. All in all, we always look forward to our visit, especially with a ACG BOGO ;-)

10. waltomeal

waltomeal Oozy rat in a sanitary zoO

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was not aware of this. Good to know - thank you!

11. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I remembered something official saying you couldn't do it, but if WelshBlonde was able to do it, maybe they don't always enforce the rule. I guess it's worth a try. Maybe as long as the entree they're writing off isn't a pizza they're willing to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vegaskid74

vegaskid74 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you saying the higher priced item is the one you pay for (usually the case with BOGO coupons) or the one you get free (this would be awesome, but not typical)?

All of the pizzas served at Magnolia's come from Chicago Brewing next door. I'm guessing that's why they have the sign up saying you can't use the Magnolia's BOGOs on them.

13. BigSully

BigSully Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I LOVE Magnolia's! I use the bogo without any issues! The best is getting a seat along the balcony and watching all of the antics below through the haze of smoke!

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.