1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

4 Queens? Difference between comp dollars & cash back?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Joe, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually play at Chi Brewing 1 day per trip. I was thinking about giving Hugo's a try this upcoming trip and since you can't find any point info on-line, I emailed a host asking what my totals were.

His answer was: $258 in comp dollars and $120 in cash back. I assume comp dollars is to use for food or rooms, but what is the cash back? Just go to the Players Club and redeem for cash, or is it slot credits?

I get constant mailers from them for offers. The latest for Feb is $80 in "slot dollars". Different then cash back, right?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not aware of (have never used) "cash back" at QQQQ, but I am familiar with the following:

Comp dollars - Usable at the hotel, and most restaurants
    Slot dollars, only usable at slot machines, transferred directly as non-cashable play.

Cash back, I'm guessing would be cash back. Go to the player's club booth and they will print a voucher that can be exchanged at the Cashier for cash.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mylthazzz

mylthazzz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep that's all you have to do. The min cash out is $5.

4. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are 100% correct on this

USBC Nationals
  5. taaff

taaff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You get cashback PLUS comps. The Four Queens is very generous with both. Cashback is earned at half the rate as comps, so if you have $200 in comp dollars, you will have about $100 in cashback, depending on use of comps or when you got cashback last.

Don't forget to go to player's club and get your cashback before you leave. It can really add up. Player's club gives you a voucher that goes to the cashier, as DaiLun said.

I am pretty sure our mailers refer to "freeplay" rather than slot dollars, but I have used the freeplay on their good video poker machines. For me, it comes preloaded, and I just have to enter a PIN at the machine to download freeplay. I have yet to find any machine that is excluded from the freeplay. I guessing that "slot dollars" works the same way.

The player's club has a little card that tells you how to download freeplay, after you get your PIN. If you don't see it, just ask at the player's club.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all. I have never cashed out "cash back".
    Looking at my Jan-Feb 28 mailer it is called "free slot play".

7. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Free slot play" comes on the mailed marketing offers and cannot be redeemed for cash, but instead used at the slot/VP machines. "Cash back", is earned by earning "points" on your slot card and can be redeemed for cash by visiting the players club and getting a voucher to cash at the cage. Alternatively, points earned can be redeemed for gifts at the players club instead of cash. Comp dollars earned through play are an entirely separate part of your account, and cannot be converted to Free Play or cash.

8. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Building on this - to be clear, are room offers still issued based on play in addition to comp dollars?

I.e. Say I give them some play and run up $60 in comp dollars. Will I still get offers like "three free nights" and have that comp dollar balance to spend on things like food?

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. That explains why I have no cash back. I must've used it all when I took the 50th anniversary silver token. I still have $315 in comp dollars though.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I get them monthly w/o using my comp dollars. Latest is for two nights. I used to get three.

11. bstew

bstew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes your marketing room offers will not come off of your comp balance. Also, comp dollars can be used in the gift shop. I believe there are restrictions on what you can purchase (no tobacco, alcohol, etc.). Helps reduce that balance.

12. taaff

taaff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked my mailer and it also says “free slot play”-I have almost always used it on video poker machines, so “slot” is not used as a restriction.

13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always,cash out my cash back before I leave vegas in case I don't make it make it back in time. Granted it Isn't much usually $10 as i spent play there all thst much. Royal club is a great program if I would get room comps id stay and play more but boyd is more generous with rooms

14. TJC

TJC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good information here, thanks y'all. I didn't even know about the cash back. I have accumulated somewhere in the neighborhood of $150 in vittles comps as of my latest trip in December of last year. Does that mean I probably have about $75 in cash waiting on me?

Do either expire, or will they exist as long as you get at least one point within a certain time frame?

15. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I am somewhere in that neighborhood as well. last time I was there (October), my comp amount that displayed on the slot machines was somewhere over $100. I probably should use it when I arrive in March, 7 weeks from tomorrow. :woot:

16. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it's something like 40 pts equals a buck. So when you put your card in it'll show how much in comps you have, plus a pt total. You take the pt total and divide by 40 to get your cashout amt.

17. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a little tougher to get three nights than it used to be but I would guess that you should get two nights. You would be able to use that $60 on food.

18. alexlifeson

alexlifeson High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I'm a frequent 4Q guest so I would like to summarize everything that I've seen in this thread if you don't mind.

1) Cash back, Comp dollars, and free slot play are three different items. Unfortunately, the FQ hasn't advanced to the level of checking amounts online.

2) Cash back is earned at 40 points per dollar. You earn 1 point for $5 in slots or $8 in VP (the 10/7 DB machines require $16 per point). You are not able to redeem the cash back for free play at the machine. I'm not sure what the time length is before anything expires but I'm guessing that it's between 12 and 18 months. You should cash out your points on a regular basis just in case you can't make it for a while (I hope that Joe will see this). Don't risk letting those expire. You go to Players Club and get a check that you take back to the cage.

3) Comp dollars are earned twice as fast as cash back. If you play there three or four times a year like I do then you'll rack up some comp dollars. I don't feel the need to use all of those on a trip, unlike cashing out my points, so I will have a balance on that account for the most part. Someone mentioned that you can't use it for alcohol in the gift shop which is correct. I'm not a cigar smoker but I've heard that you can't use comp dollars for those anymore in Chicago's Brew Pub. When you put your card in the machine, it will display the comp dollar balance but not your cash back.

4) Free Slot Play comes with monthly or bi-monthly mailers. It may be used on any machine (slot or VP) that has a PB sticker on it which is most machines. The progressive slot machines are usually the ones that you can't use free play. You may use it even if you are not staying at the hotel although if you do that too often without playing then your offers will be eliminated at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @alexlifeson Believe me if they announced a rule change, I would be on a flight that week. But I will cash out my Cash Back this weekend. I didn't even know I had that coming. At Boyd I know I have 2.7 million points ($2,700), but I'm saving those for when they stop giving me comped food. We do cash out 600,000 every Oct for our anniversary, but with the Gold Cards we spend nothing for food, so it keeps building. Maybe I will cash out 700,000 this weekend to piss away on games we don't normally play.

20. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's always fun. maybe you will hit something juicy. oh shoot! the new tax conundrum!!
    good luck Joe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.