1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best steak house for a solo diner?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by miss_sonja, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do actually like sitting at the bar ... good people watching, and you can pull out a book without too many odd looks.

I'll look into Charlie Palmer's --that's the place where there's a special cut each week?

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh??

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with thecarve - I'm confused by the answer about not being treated well.
    I think Vegas is one place where solo dining is the norm for a lot of people. When my
    friends don't want to stop playing or someone is doing well - I have gone to several
    of the places mentioned above for a solo meal and never been treated bad because
    I was alone. I think any of the above mentioned places would be great choices for
    solo dining - enjoy your trip!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 Jean Georges, also the bar at Gallagher's at NYNY is huge and the steaks are amazing.

5. Retrobabble

Retrobabble CVF #37500: Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Charlie Palmer's as a solo diner. Never saw a difference in their very good service between me or other diners.

I agree with @johnvic about the bar at Gordon Ramsey. Food was great, but something was off. I blame the bar design. Too wide a surface between staff and diners, with dividers blocking various bar areas, plus the view's not set up for people-watching.

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at the bar at Old Homestead once, the food and service were fine but the bar was a little too high relative to the seat, it was a little awkward to maneuver. I'd ask for a table if I did it again.

7. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As many of the above responses already said - GO WHERE YOU WANT! Las Vegas is the one place in the world where solo diners are a large percentage of the overall clientele. If you need something to do, there's always your email or texts to check while waiting. Absolutely no need to worry about solo dining. The only problem (as mentioned previously by dmr) is that the sides tend to be big enough for two. Stick with a soup and or salad and the steak, and you will be just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I think they switch it up every Sunday.

9. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at Andiamo's (at the D) and Center Cut at Flamingo while solo. No problem. Great service.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  10. wam

wam Low-Roller

charlie palmer in the four seasons cut of the week is now $58 per person with unlimited wine pairings. excellent meal, very nice bar but i do not believe a great people watch location. we just love their cut of the week menu and their bread basket including their corn bread is outstanding. three course meal, salad, entree with two sides and dessert with excellent wine pairings. cant wait to eat their again on our next trip.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jean Georges at Aria gets my vote too...also Old Homestead, Mon Ami Gabi, Craftsteak at MGM too!

12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So? Does anyone know of any steak places that do offer full dinners that would be appropriate for one dining at the bar? I'm speaking of reasonably-sized side dishes whether they come with the entree or ala cartte.

13. JeterFan402

JeterFan402 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jean George has a tasting menu that I have ordered at the bar solo.
    I think it is a little over $100 but not sure.It is Per Person.A lot of food.
    I have also ordered entrees plus a single side.They are not double portions .
    When I'm with my wife,I usually get steak and the truffle mashed potatoes.
    She gets the sea bass with creamed spinach.

15. luck.ofthe.draw

luck.ofthe.draw VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bazaar Meat gets my vote!

16. Vegas Erica

Vegas Erica VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate as a solo diner at BLT steak at the bar and had a wonderful experience. The bartenders were nice but not overly pushy, food was amazing and I was able to get HH wine prices!

17. ShelbyCharger

ShelbyCharger MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Edited version do not think you should be treated badly as a solo diner. I did not edit this in time. My bad. I always tip highly to a server that treats me with the same value as a couple.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I eat solo in Vegas all the time. Sometimes I'll sit at the bar, sometimes in the restaurant. For bar seating Gallagher's is nice because it is has see through bar so there is lot to keep you occupied. Most bar seating also has TVs which is nice if there is something to watch. Never had a problem sitting and reading in the restaurant proper either.
    On a very rare occasion I've even had another solo join me, once a couple invited me to sit with them. Vegas seems to make people friendly, even me ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vegasdriven58

Vegasdriven58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is cut of the week available every day?

20. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the bone in rib eye at Mesa in Caesars but no human could finish that steak on their own. At least they should NOT be able to finish that on their own. I'd be cool eating there by myself. Great atmosphere.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.