1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Shared Limo Questions

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by nhcris, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read a few threads about the shared limo rides and it sounds like a great option for me, but I have a few things I'd like to clarify before I book it. I know a number of you have been very happy with the service.

1. I have a long history of late, cancelled, missed connections & generally screwed up flights. Can this be a problem with this service?

2. I screwed up one of my feet recently, so I want to keep walking & standing to a minimum. This seems like the best way to go, other than just booking a limo straight out which seems like overkill for just me. Agreed?

3. I'm changing hotels midway through my stay. I presume it is not an issue to get dropped off at one hotel and picked up from another?

4. Has anyone here ever actually had to share a ride? This is more curiosity than need to know :)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Stephiede1975

Stephiede1975 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. No problem with the time since you just walk up to the podium and they put you in the next available driver.

2. Sometimes there is a wait for a driver but it hasn't been that long, in my experience.

3. Usually when I make the reservation online and I switch hotels, I'll put the hotel I'm getting picked up from on the reservation, then just call and change the arriving hotel. It has a note on the reservation for this but I found when I put two different ones, it always just have one. Calling and changing it is easy and I've never had any problems.

4. I used this all the time and have never once shared it with anyone. Since I'm normally solo, I usually get the town car and that's fine with me.

Have fun with everyone!!

Spring Trip!
    Spring Trip!
  3. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Steph, I went ahead and booked it using your advice about the hotels. I also called to ask about possible flight changes, and she said it's no problem. It really seems perfect for me!

I wish our trips were overlapping. It has been too long!

• Like Like x 1
  4. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm solo too and out of my 4 times to use them, I have never had to share a ride yet. Twice the driver even ask if I needed to stop anywhere like the liquor store.

Sema Show
  5. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've shared a couple of times from the airport, but most of the time (all the time going to the airport), I've had a Town Car, or an Escalade, or a full stretch to myself. :trophy:

• Like Like x 1
  6. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Hi,

where ist the podium? How can I find it?

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Terminal 1, taxis are on one side of the baggage claim area and limos are on the other. The taxi side is exit doors 1 - 6. The limo side is doors 7 - 13. The booths are right on the walkway running alongside the terminal.

Terminal 3 is basically the same - taxis at one end, limos at the other,

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Stephiede1975

Stephiede1975 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're using Bell Transportation, depending on the terminal, the podium is right there when you walk out the exit door. It will give you instructions on your reservations on what exit to go out. Also, there is a window with the company's name on it so you don't go to the wrong one.

Spring Trip!
    Spring Trip!
  9. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying in with Southwest Airlines so I will arriving Terminal 1!?

10. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just look for the door that says "To Limos". It's important to note here that this service must be booked in advance, you can't just go up to the booth and ask for a shared limo.

11. Darvin

Darvin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if two people it is cheaper to just book a town car airport special?

12. sunshine54

sunshine54 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I have to book in advance? I thought it will be possible to decide it, there.

13. Kevzilla

Kevzilla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to pay full boat for a lime, you can absolutely decide to do it on the spur of the moment. But my understanding is that the Share-A-Ride service is internet-only. It used to say that on their website, then they did some upgrades of questionable value and it doesn't say that any more. LOL. You might want to call them.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think about it. A lot of people book a shared ride and end up having the car to themselves.

But the idea is that the limo co wants to bundle people together with similar arrival times, so they want you to book in advance.

Do you want to go up and ask for a shared limo and get told, sure, go sit over there, as soon as someone else shows up, we'll get you on your way?

15. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone seems to have a ton of luck getting the shared limo to themselves, but the one time we booked this service my wife and I got stuck in a town car with another couple. This didn't allow us to sit together, so it was not a good experience. I ended up complaining to the company and got a refund, but still. I won't do it again just because I was expecting a limo and wouldn't mind sharing that, but a town car is not the same thing at all when you have to share. Honestly would have preferred a taxi because it would have saved me the wait as well.

16. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been my experience as well. Well, I haven't been lucky enough for a stretch. When I stay on the strip I always use them. About the same price for a taxi, and just as quick.

17. martinr

martinr Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless you just need the prestige of arriving at your hotel in a town car, walk a few more feet and get an Uber/Lyft for probably less than half of the shared limo rate and there's no chance of having to share.

First Time Staying on the South End. Will I Hear Southern Accents?
  18. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does bell Tran limo offers one way? When I looked their website seems like roundtrip and also is it per person? $30 per person limo ride to strip?

19. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not sure if they offer one way, but the price to strip is roundtrip, $30 per person. I have used it twice, once alone and once with another person,both times the limo was not "shared". I usually had to wait 5-10 minutes for my ride to show, this was at terminal 3. Hotel pick up for the return trip was always on time..........so for a single traveler it is about the same price as lyft/uber, twice the cost for 2, etc...

• Like Like x 1
  20. nhcris

nhcris VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it this week. Had to wait about 10 minutes and shared stretch with 3 other cool ladies. They were dropped off first, so I looked like a High Roller when I got to Palazzo :) It was actually fun and I would do it again, providing my return goes smoothly.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.