1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best steakhouse lately- I know I could search but wondering about recent trips!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegasloverfromatl, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi my friends!

We are about to take our annual fall trip to Vegas and we always love a great steakhouse. We have tried to stick to CET steakhouses because I normally have lots of RC's but am happy to try a different place as well. We have eaten previously at:

Ruth Chris at Harrahs- I know it's a chain but it was really great

GR Steak at Paris- We ate here last year. It was a cool vibe but I wouldn't say it was my favorite nor that we would go back

Strip House at Planet Hollywood- This was a disappointment. So so pricey and really not great.

SW Steakhouse at the Wynn- This was really amazing and super pricey but super good.

We always do one nice steak house per year so what would you recommend for us this year? We always do downtown one night too so happy to do our steak night that night!

Thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no idea, BUT I am currently grilling my own!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Top of the World was really good... About $200 for the wife and I good drinks good food amazing views. Would definitely go back.

Texas de Brazil - not really a steak house more like a Brazilian Barbeque all you eat meat (yes that includes steaks such as filet mignon, top sirloin, etc etc) simply put if you like meat you will not be dissapointed and it won't break the bank... maybe $45 or lesspp for lunch? Maybe around 59 or less pp for dinner? If you want to save money than go to lunch you get the same selection if I'm not mistaken. -- I've eaten here maybe less than a dozen times but have never had a bad experience.

Fogo de Chao - same as above just different name.

Morton's The Steakhouse - Have not tried the one in Las Vegas... But the ones in California are top notch steak houses always a good time (kinda expensive)

Fleming's Steakhouse - Another top notch steak house in California with locations in Vegas..

Best bang for your buck? Texas or Fogo hands down.

• Like Like x 1
  4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorites among the ones you haven't tried yet: Carnevino, CUT, Jean Georges and Prime.

5. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last trip we went to the Orleans as a friend had a host treating the four of us to Alder and Birch...everything was top notch, I will be going back

6. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go old school and try Golden Steer..on Sahara close enough to downtown..Look them up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes try Golden Steer. Different ambience than you are accustomed to and I enjoyed the steak. Top notch cocktails to

• Like Like x 1
  8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the last Strip area steakhouse I dined in. It was very good. It was not my choice. When a client says they want to do it, you don't try to steer (pun intended) them elsewhere. :)

Having said that, for Strip area I prefer Golden Steer, as noted above. Very old-school in ambiance. Food was great. If you tend to hearken back to the Good Old Day in Old Vegas, this is for you.

Having said that, :) my actual first recommendation would be Bob Taylor's Ranch House. The steaks and prime rib are right up there with the best absentee celebrity chef places on the Strip. It's said to be the oldest continuously operating restaurant in the Las Vegas area. The prices are very reasonable too. That's the good. The bad is that it's wayyyyyy out in the toolies! Rough area is Ann Road and route 95. It's at the very end of Rio Vista Street.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT Steak at Ballys is really good, especially when you use their travelzoo coupon, but I think the current coupon is only good til the end of this month. Even without, it's a very good steakhouse. Also Mastro's Oceans Club at Crystals is one of my favorites.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
  10. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at the following that aren't on your list:

Gordon Ramsey Steak at Paris
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/gordon-ramsay-steak-paris-las-vegas.128518/

Tender Steak at Luxor
    https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/tender-steakhouse-at-luxor-updated.142234/

Center Cut at Flamingo
    A good, solid steakhouse with very good prices:
    https://www.caesars.com/content/dam/flv/Dining/Upscale/Center%20Cut%20Steakhouse/Dinner%20Menu/flamingo-las_vegas-dining-upscale-center-cut-steakhouse-dinner-menu-0617.pdf

I have also eaten at Camelot steakhouse at Excalibur, but because I was in shock from hitting an $8800 jackpot, my brain wasn't working and I forgot to take pictures. Camelot was a nice restaurant as well, more "specials" on their menu.

Also eaten several at Andiamo's Steakhouse at the D (I know that's downtown). Took home the 28 oz. bone-in ribeye and it was ssssoooooo GOOD!!!!

I ate at Gordon Ramsay on a CET comp, at Tender and Camelot on myVegas $xx off if you spend $xxx

11. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Texas de Brazil

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG! I don't think of that as a steakhouse, but a meat orgy! Take plenty of Vitoryn, Xenical, and Lipitor before and after! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would add Delmonico's at Venetian, great steak and sides. I've eaten there twice, and both times were excellent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLT Steak at Bally's currently tops my list, then there is Gallaghers at NY NY.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. bcc

bcc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were served a NY Strip with a huge vein of gristle in it at BLT Steak recently.

- bcc

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  16. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! This gives me a lot to think about. I was thinking Old Homestead at Caesars this year since I had heard from friends that it was amazing but none of you even mentioned it! And I do have quite a few RC's right now and plan to increase that with my Harrahs Visa over the next month so could probably swing paying for it with RC's so maybe I need to check out BLT at Bally's since a few of you have mentioned that! Keep it coming and please chime in if you have eaten at Old Homestead! (We are staying at Caesars though I don't prefer to actually gamble there- our favorites to gamble at are Harrahs, Ballys, Paris)

Also, I just looked and there's a Travelzoo coupon for CenterCut at Flamingo so maybe that's what we should do! Anyone know if you can use the Travelzoo AND RC's for the remaining?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  17. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, now I just saw that....that doesn't sound good!

18. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will recommend Old Steakhouse at Caesars. The gnocchi side with truffle butter is to die for. Share your sides they are huge. The filet melts in your mouth.

19. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 for BLT@ballys, with travelzoo coupon. But call them to see if you can apply it to the sublimely gristle- free ribeye. I think the ribeye is $59 and the coupon says any item up to $58, or something like that, but in my experience they graciously accepted it and I paid the difference in cash.
    I was very impressed with the food and atmosphere, and the staff were all very professional and friendly and were very up to speed on the travelzoo coupon.

20. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We aren't going until next month so that one expires but now there is one for Center Cut. $79 gets you $100 toward food and 2 drinks. Wondering if I can use RC's to pay the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.