1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Looking at coming out around Christmas on SW and fares seem high

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bernie2, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie2

Bernie2 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just fly SW but would look at JB.To me it seems the fares are somewhat on the high side and I would come back prior to NYE. So, do you think there might be better pricing as we get closer to the time frame ?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen higher prices for my southwest routes in Dec. But I have seen that they are flying fewer routes (including fewer direct) that month.

But I wouldn't necessarily expect them to drop. depending on your exact dates. Not every route gets crazy bookings over Christmas/NY time, but the ones that do, I have only ever seen the price move one direction.

3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're talking about flying at one of the busiest times of the year overall for flights. No.

4. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't it true it always cost's more to fly during holidays? And don't we here in the U.S. have 3 holidays a month?:woohoo:

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually are in Vegas over Christmas but this year the SWA prices were so high and the times so bad, we booked 12/28 and flying home on New Year's Day

6. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You wanna see HIGH prices? Look at Jetblue out of Albany NY for Jan 9-16th .. You will NOT believe what they charging.

November 7th - 15th half price and STILL way too high.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes.

Often if you fly ON the holiday, the rates are better and flight are not full. Like on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.

8. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a massive, massive convention in Vegas in early-mid January (I think CES?). It's probably that. Go look at the room rates calendar of Total Rewards and MLife

9. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go there then for that convention. I secured $370 RT (southwest) from the same airport as the $1700 RT Jetblue fare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.