1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Uber and Scooters

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Brutalfacts, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brutalfacts

Brutalfacts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, the wife and I will be making our 20th trip overall but our first trip to Vegas since 2014!! Since our oldest started having Grandchildren that same year our twice a year Vegas trips have morphed into twice a year trips to the Midwest to visit. No complaints about that, however CET is so impressed with our play in their Kansas City property they shot us an offer for 3 nights at Harrah's Las Vegas and coupled with cheap airfare we are headed back to the promised land for 4 days of gambling and eating starting Saturday morning. Can't wait.

We will not be renting a car this trip because it is a short one and we have no desire to leave the strip. I have an offer code from Uber (never have used Uber or Lyft) and my question is can they handle the wife's portable mobility scooter (she has MS, we have brought our own scooter since 2007). I can take it apart in about 30 seconds and would not expect the driver to handle it (I will take care of that, have lots of experience), just need an SUV to store it on the drive from the airport to the hotel. In the past we have used taxi's without a problem, just would like to save a little money and tip the driver well as we always do.

Thanks for any feedback. VEGAS BABY!!

2. stiles525

stiles525 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes you must request the uber XL it will be an SUV of some type that can fit the scooter

have fun

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This.
    And this.

And. I expected this thread to be about Uber drivers using scooters/mopeds to carry passengers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber XL and Lyft Plus will work nicely! Both are larger vehicles that are expecting several people and/or luggage. The scooter is basically luggage since you will be handling it.

Enjoy your trip Uber and Lyft are the way to go.
    No harm in using both services. I usually pick the cheaper faster one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2017
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bet if you logged into totalrewards and picked dates, you could get rooms most nights without an offer. Check it out.

6. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can the scooter and your luggage fit into the trunk of a car? If so you may not need to pay the higher price of Uber XL or Lyft Plus. Uber X or Lyft would suit your needs if you can get everything into the trunk of a car, if not then Uber XL or Lyft Plus would be the better option. Whatever you do don't use UberPOOL or LyftLINE, both of those options are carpool options and you could end up with two other riders, with their luggage, in the vehicle with you and have to make multiple stops before your destination.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.