1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Switched from Suncoast to MSS for our Aug stay.

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by Joe, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had an offer from Suncoast for Aug for 2 nights, so I thought we'd give it another try and figured they would probably comp the other two nights. Anyway, in the mail the other day I receive an offer from Bconnected for a four night stay at any property and $60 in FP and a $45 food credit.

We swapped our Aug and Sept Vegas trips. So now it is MSS in Aug with the Gold card, assuming it is still there and a $80 FP. And then Sept at Suncoast for four comped nights and $60 in FP and $45 food credit. Golf will be a little cooler that time of year. Not much, but a little.

For our maybe once a year stay at Suncoast we give them the same amount of play as MSS, maybe more since the only alternative out that way is Rampart if you don't have a car. But, they are pretty stingy on comps.

My comp offer that I booked on-line did have the option for a golf course view room, which I think is a step above the standard room. When we check in, I will try the $20 trick to see if can get a golf course view suite. It did work last year, but this will be over Labor Day weekend, so lots of SoCal drivers in town.

With the Aug vacation at Suncoast, our flight times work out perfect for their free shuttle. Switching to Sept, we can get the shuttle from the the airport, but because we have a 9 AM flight back, it'll have to be the Wax, unless I hit a couple of good jackpots. Then I'll pay for the $50+ cab ride.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a plan!
    Happy travels, Joe! :D

RICHARD

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, when are you there in August????

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aug 4-8, now at MSS, not Suncoast. I have to update my countdown timers

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10-4. I'll miss you by a week or so.

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You got the smartphone, have you thought about Uber or Lyft?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be downtown at the same time, maybe I'll stop by the boarshead and look for you.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask any bartender if Joe is around. :beer:

9. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just be aware I am a fan of the far superior Minnesota Vikings. I understand if you don't want to speak with someone of my importance. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you mention that and use that phraseology . We have had two very ugly experiences with Viking's fans at Boar's Head both while the Packers were beating the Vikes. In one case I had to have the bartender call security because the Viking's fan was becoming very menacing & threatening to my wife. They asked (forced) him to leave.

She is not a wallflower and doesn't hesitate to show her Packer Pride. I'm old enough and smart enough to not get into a bar fight in Vegas, so calling security is easiest. The other time the Viking's fan was just rude and crude and we tried to ignore him, but what a jerk and sore loser.

Never a problem with any other team's fans and we have watched a lot of Packer games at Boar's Head.

11. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to keep football/sports rivalries friendly, after all it's just a game. I stopped wearing my Packer shirts in Vegas because I've been stopped by too many drunks telling me why their team is better. Last time it was a Bear fan of all teams.

If I go to Rum Runners of course I wear full Packer gear.

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.