1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET w/out companion

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jcombs, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good evening all,

My wife and I are planning to go out later this year with my gambling buddy and his wife. Together we both get a comped room, but apart, we just get decently discounted rates.. Due to work schedules, we're able to head that way a day before they can. Will checking in without him be an issue if he's a companion on the reservation? Does the self check-in option bypass this? It's only $50 for the one night, but $50 is $50.

Thanks for any input!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They usually ask for the other person, since the rate is tied to that person and their spending.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No promises, but did self check in at caesars and linq with a companion reservation and it did not need both ID.

Still, I'd be nervous about trying. If you got a hassle I suppose you could always try to tell them his travel plans changed last minute and he will verify at the desk when he gets in the next day.

Did you try signing the wives up, and entering their #s as companion? As dumb as a zero history companion is for reducing rates, I've seen it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Self check in at Ballys also didn't need both although we were both there so we didn't worry about it.

5. Maxbet

Maxbet JACKPOT!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several stays over the last few years and always asked for companion ID at check-in. Various CET properties. Self check-in may be the way to go per Patman's post.

6. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they will soon figure out how to block this, or punish you if you get caught.

7. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went the companion route with a buddy at Bally's a few years ago. They wouldn't check us in until we were both at the check-in counter with ID.

The woman was apologetic, but firm. She said something to the effect of, "You won't believe how many people try to work the system..."

So my guess is that you won't be able to talk your way in. Do you feel lucky enough to try the self-check in?

8. WyoRide

WyoRide Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I checked into Caesar's a couple of weeks ago and they didn't ask for her ID. I used my MIL as my companion and they just assumed my wife was her. Meanwhile, I make one mention of my wife turning into her mother and I get shut down for weeks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess it is hit and miss. But no way to complain, you have to check the box on TR that says both must be present to get those rates

10. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked also when checking in online. I've done it at Bally's, Paris and Rio. Checked in online, then went to pick up the key alone. Was not asked if companion was present.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  11. jcombs

jcombs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will probably go ahead and do it, and hope that worst case, my friend can flash his ID the next day and square things away.

12. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked my Oct. trip and during the online confirmation process I read this in the fine print:

"Should a companion arrive prior to the individual with the hotel reservation, the companion will not be able to check-in but will have the option to book a separate reservation until the arrival of the primary Total Rewards customer. Upon the arrival of the individual with the original reservation, they will be added to the new reservation and honor the original rates booked."

Anniversary Trip
  13. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked through somebody's elses comps at the Linq last month and they never asked. But I imagine it's hit and miss. They were right next to me though so it wouldn't have been a problem either way.

14. ThePicksHub

ThePicksHub Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing I found interesting is that I guess CET didn't consider him staying on a comp, or it seemed that way. He only played one night on his card on our 5 night comp, and his comps have gone up with Caesars Palace, as well as Cromwell thrown in some dates. He never had CP or Cromwell available, so I suppose I was the one being rated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.