1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

SWA RR Visa

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by npom, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, already have it for all of 2017. My CC card games just drives my wife nuts. Right now I'm in the middle of charging $800 per month on my SWA business card to receive 700 miles each month I do, for 3 months. It started in May and June is now done. I might not make the July numbers in order to get the $2,000 on the other card.

It got so bad my wife now puts stickers on her cards to tell her which card to use and where to use it, because it usually changes every quarter. Starting in April I threw all the rules out and we have been focusing all our spending on the SWA card because I thought we had a chance to get to the $110,000 level. If I get the 60,000, I'm in for 2018.

In case anybody is wondering, yes we pay all balances in full every month. I have never had a balance on a credit card in 40 + years, but I do enjoy playing the game.

2. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to the OP for the info and the link! Just got mine approved!

3. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine arrived today.

Going shopping for some new bedroom pieces tomorrow - that'll take care of the $2000 spend requirement. LOL!!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, my wife still has an Amex Plat that gets her into Delta Club rooms but has another one that is the "current" card we need to use. There is a sticker on the older one - do not use. We have used it to get into club room a half dozen times and drank almost the cost of the card -plus all the other perks of course.

As to interest - would like to say we never paid... but there might be a little. Very, very little.

All of our cards are auto set to pay off in full every month in case I miss something.

5. danny8235

danny8235 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I applied for a plus card on 6-4. A new card number appeared on my account on 6-7. Does that mean the card is in the mail

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It exists, so it must be getting "printed" and should be in the mail.

7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or the bad guys are using it. :poke:

8. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,

I received the 60K points into my SWRR account from getting the Plus Card. I noticed the Companion points meter grew, but the A-List meter stayed the same. I am more interested in the A-List meter because I travel solo most times.

I am wondering if anyone has an idea why I got the Companion points and not the A-List points. Thanks!

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Twice I screwed up when I received new cards and thought I set them up for auto-pay, but didn't. But Chase was very good and took off the interest and penalty and it didn't impact my credit score. All these cards and the games I play with them, I am still at 800+ FICO score. 2019 is time to get my wife a new card and work on me being her companion for that year. I love credit card games and SW Companion Status.

10. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like I'll be able to squeeze out 3.5 round trip tickets from the SWA bonus points of this promotion, not as good as last time (was the previous promo 60k points? I can't remember, was about 5 yrs ago I did it)

11. telero

telero Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    https://www.southwest.com/html/generated/help/faqs/rapid_rewards_tiers_faq.html

12. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DONT have your spouse get 2 cards...DH & I toggle this...I apply for 2; 2 years later he apply for 2 & I cancel one, etc
    That gets us companion pass most of the time& watch applying for other cards!

13. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.