1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Binions or Plaza steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dj56, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj56

dj56 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to be downtown next week and wanted to have a steak dinner. Which place is better, Binions or Plaza steakhouse? Thanks!

2. duffer1991

duffer1991 Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would recommend that you walk down to the Redwood Steakhouse at the Cal. It is really amazing and reasonably priced.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MiamiDave

MiamiDave You Can't Handle the Truth

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Binion's Steakhouse like 10 years ago and it was good, but short of great. View was great for a downtown location.

I had Hugo's Cellar a few months ago and found it excellent. I've heard Vic and Anthony's at GN and Andiamos at the D are very good, as well.

4. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed Oscars 1 year (or so) ago

5. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to Binions 2 times and the first time was great the 2nd time was good but not great. I had the chicken fried lobster and it was different but very good.

Even though I haven't been to oscars the reviews say that Oscars is probably the better of the 2 but binions is more old school and has a great view.

Now if you are open to suggestions Vic and Anthony and Hugos are both very good and I have heard that andiamos is very good also.

6. elaine.mcgrew

elaine.mcgrew Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Hugo's for gourmet dinner, Binions for the view and Andiamos for the Italian flare.

7. Golfer

Golfer Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The steak at both Hugo's and Binions has decreased in quality in my opinion. I enjoy both places, but for different reasons. Atmosphere and view. I would be inclined to order something different than steak at these two places. As mentioned above (chicken fried lobster), there are other items at both places, including some decent seafood.

The steak at Oscars is consistently good. I've had one bad steak there, and they got a pass. I'm a steak aficionado, and it is rare for me to give a steak place a pass. As an example, BLT. Their Wagyu is not good. For $92.00, they don't get a pass.

I ate at both Hugo's and Oscars mid May, and for the second time my conclusion was as above. Binios and Hugo's have the same steak, different atmospheres. Oscars is slightly louder, and more of a place to be seen.

If you had to pick two places downtown, Hugo's for the atmosphere, not the steak, and Oscars for the steak. I don't believe any place else comes close. My past trip I was comped at GN, and choose to pay at these two places instead.

8. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LVA has 25% discount for both, I believe. I know Binions is 25%

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas VIP Whale

There is also a coupon in the ACG for Oscars at the Plaza for 25% off.

10. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Such a shame the view from Oscars had to be obliterated. All of the options mentioned here are pretty good.

11. dj56

dj56 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to Binions steakhouse. Both of us had the Filet and we were happy with our choice. Old school feel and the food was great. Thanks all for the input!

12. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved my meal at Oscar's a couple years ago. The food and service were both excellent and I really enjoyed the space. I have not been to Binion's Steakhouse. I suspect you will enjoy yourself no matter what. :beer:

Halloween - spooky big wins incoming
  13. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience at the Binions Steakhouse wasn't great. I had prime rib, and it was just average in my opinion. The view is also average as well. You are not at the top of the Stratosphere or Rio. You're only 20 stories or so up.

With that said, I've heard Andiamos is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.