1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What room at Bally's

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mattjs33, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So my wife agreed we could go to Vegas this year -- but only if we could do it on our credit card points since money's been tight. So with the flights booked, we didn't have enough points left to book at our usual Paris. We went with Bally's since it's attached to Paris, so pretty much the same, plus it's the only place I've stayed that my wife hasn't. So check it off the list. ;-)

Due to the dearth of points, I booked the cheapest Indigo room Bally's has, and am hoping to $20 trick my way into something better. What kind of room should I ask for? We don't need a suite, but we are used to our Paris Strip views and like to end each evening with a drink in the room and looking at the lights. Bally's towers sit kind of odd relative to the Strip and I'm not sure what kind of views there are. Views of the fountains would be nice but not a deal-breaker if not.

Which tower / how high up?

2. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you look on your TR calendar to see if you have any comps? Not offers. But the monthly calendars . And make sure both TR #'s are in there when you search calendar

Jubilee tower rooms are newer and rooms come with fridge

3. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're not really gamblers, so we wouldn't have any comps at all, I wouldn't imagine. I never even figured out how TR worked until I'd had it for several years; they never even gave me a card until I asked. Which sucks because the money we do spend, we typically do in CET properties. So I'm fairly TR naïve.

4. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go to totalrewards.com and sign in. If you gambled any on your card there is a good chance you have teaser offer. Cli8ck suitcase at top then any night Las Vegas all hotels and then month. and see if you have anything, the whole month with all resorts will open in the calendar. If not add wife's TR # where it says companion at top.Even if you don't have any comps you might have reduced rates

5. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jubilee tower, strip view room, as high as you can get. If you are facing Paris, the noise from the club there can be bothersome. Jubilee is the recently renovated tower, the rooms are quite big and pretty nice. You also should get a fridge with jubilee rooms, I don't believe the indigo rooms have them

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with phantomfj. Only thing about Ballys, bring your own shamoo and conditioner, they have the all in one stuff and it's awful. Other than that, I love the Jubilee tower rooms.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played some bubble roulette last few times out, so I do have a (very) small number of TR points. The goal for this trip was not to pay out of pocket to fly / stay, so even a reduced TR rate wasn't really helping. We booked it all on credit card points so mission accomplished.

8. mattjs33

mattjs33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the quick responses, we'll see what I get!

9. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jubilee room

High floor, odd number room.

10. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having stayed at Ballys for all 10 of my trips to Vegas I never had a problem asking for a room upgrade, they accommodated if they had the room available if not I am quite happy with an Indigo room high floor king room smoking looking out over the pool or front side with a Paris view. I have found that these rooms are much more quiet than those in the Jubilee tower, which I have read so many complaints about the noise from Paris or Cromwell. As for my upcoming 8 day trip in July I got 5 nights comped, and this is with zero points in my account. The other reason why I like the Indigo tower the elevator takes you straight to the basement mall area which includes the pool and race book both of which I will go to everyday, easy access to the Stage Door bar and a way to skip all the non sense of having to walk through the circus that is along the sidewalks in front of Ballys and the Cromwell.

p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes noise is a significant issue with the jubilee tower. We actually prefer an indigo with a pool view, much more quiet. If you go with jubilee, a high floor would be best.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  12. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jubilee Tower...........floor18 and above.............if you want a view of the Eiffel Tower, Paris Pool, and/or view of Bellagio Fountains you will get the odd number room.
    If you want a view of Caesars, Mirage, the North Strip, you will get an even number room.
    The Strip view rooms in Jubilee Tower basically face South or North.
    Many people want total silence in their room when they sleep in Vegas, if that's the case, get an even number room.
    Many people like me who loves noise, prefer any room in the Jubilee Tower.

This is Vegas, many people don't sleep in their rooms from midnight till dawn like at home.
    Otherwise, people who stay out all night and morning and come back to the room at 9 am to sleep should get the same courtesy if they feel that their room is too noisy..........LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.