1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Round 2! Delta's turn to kick someone off

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lsiunsuex, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. meme57

meme57 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I got out of was they have 2 children, but they sent one on an earlier flight home so they could use the seat the that child for the 2 year old instead of on their lap. Delta reps are insisting they can't put a 2 year old in a seat and it must be on their lap. This is what I found on their website.... and it doesn't say that.
    INFANT & CHILDREN TRAVEL
    Lap Infants: You may travel with one infant on your lap without purchasing a ticket, as long as the infant is under the age of two, you are at least 18 years old, you are the infant’s parent or legal guardian and you are traveling within the U.S.* If you are traveling with a newborn (less than 7 days old), you must provide a physician’s note. Call Reservations with additional questions on infant travel.

Infant Ticket Requirements: A ticket is required for children two and older, or if you: 1) are traveling with more than one infant (and already have one on your lap); 2) are traveling between countries; or, 3) wish to earn mile
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The point Delta should have made was the child in the seat was not the ticketed passenger (which they did), but that wasn't their main point. They were wrong on their main point. I just don't understand why they didn't offer to refund the guy for the ticket and let the child sit on their lap. I understand the name having to be of the person traveling, but they could have made an exception. Another airline being a jerk.

3. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disgraceful!

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the end of the article Delta is quoted as saying the flight was not overbooked.

5. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Phahahahah well I don't expect much from these airline employees, she talks about "going to jail along w kids will be taken away" like if she's asking if anyone wants water lol. Wow, they will never learn they truly feel/think they can really remove people at their wish lol. They have absolutely no idea what's right or common freaking sense. I love the part she said "you are on your own" as father asking her what can he do w two toddlers at over night @airport. Unfreaking real.

6. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The part I don't understand is - did they learn nothing in the last couple weeks? Would be like a company firing someone for theft - everyone in the company knows this happened and termination was the outcome - and a couple weeks later, someone else does it. Were you under a rock for the last couple weeks?!?

7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looking forward to another 10 page thread of analysis

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. william142

william142 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone is missing the main point. They DID NOT have a ticket. Let me put it another way. I book a ticket for myself and George. George decides to go on an earlier flight. I can't just shoe up at the airport with Bob and say George took and earlier flight so I on going to have Bob sit in his seat. That ticket was not for the infant but for their other child who took an earlier flight. Once he didn't show up the ticket gets cancelled. Period. They had no right to try to put the infant who had no ticket in that seat.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose it's possible that this one won't run off the rails like the last one did.
    :bang:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh they DID NOT HAD TICKET but that guys kept on arguing saying he DID (for his other son) well then he should have just giving up seat or should have changed his ticket to his infants son name. It would have cost him maybe couple hundred dollars to change it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda sucky on both sides.

An airline with half decent service would realize that even though they are technically correct and he does not have a ticket for the child, that

1) They were going to let him fly with the child in his lap anyway
    2) they were going to let him fly with the car seat
    and
    3) If they were not oversold, no one else was going in that seat.

Seems pretty easy to just record it as if he's carrying the child, and let him set him up in the empty seat instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regardless flight attendant should have said better then "you are on your own" could have dealt with it better. Flight attendant dont care as they can not just get fired I believe delta has "union" yup

14. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta's flight attendants are non union. I believe the only work group that is union at Delta are the pilots.

15. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya is that way you telling "some of us" to shut the f up??? lol. Regardless it's a very good discussion we all learn some from it one way or other. We can all see each other's point, whether we agree or disagree.

16. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It appears the scenario is:

Father decides to send 18 year old on separate flight to free up seat
    Does not get booking changed from 18 year old, to 2 year old
    Airline re sells seat due to no show of 18 year old
    Family boards early when invited due to having small children
    Airline lets them through gate on assumption that child is a lap passenger
    Family attach child seat to seat that was theirs once, but isn't now
    Airline insist it is vacated to allow passenger checked into it to sit down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, I had not realized.

18. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    EDIT: Poster was just a joke... I missed the LOL My bad.

And I would agree with her observation. Some online topics do get crazy. When things hit a high number of posts, I wonder if ANYBODY reads OTHER posts at all. I have seen Facebook posts get thousands of comments which I am sure 99% of the people never even read. Folks have pretty much stopped reading and just post (shout out) their two cents.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As to the issue at hand... after watching the video and gathering what little facts I can... it appears they never checked the child in and was therefore a noshow and/or it was in the other child's name. If that ASSUMPTION is right, the only thing DL did wrong was not to explain that part clearly.

20. Drewm1972

Drewm1972 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was trying to make fun of myself - I can get carried away with post as well. Not trying to rude to Sonya...definitely not I hope she gets it - Sonya if not, my apologies!!! :nworthy:

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.