1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A dream come true in the 2017 NFL draft

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by RebelDiceMan, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could not be more excited about the 23rd pick of this year's draft. Evan Ingram from Ole Miss was taken by the New York Giants. I hope most of you are familiar with The Grove in Oxford and all the tailgating that takes place there. I am one of the founding members or the Lauderdale Rebel Club tailgate crew. Evans parents (Michelle and Derrick) became members of our group during his freshman year and they have been tailgating with us at every home game for the last four years. Both of them made a pretty emotional speech at our tent right before our last game this year. I am so glad that they became a part of our tailgate family. Evan is an outstanding young man who is waaaay more impressive as a person off the field than he is as a football player. (and he is good enough on the field to be a first round draft choice) His parents are top notch people and they raised him right. No character issues in this family in any way. I am proud for all of them.

To make it even sweeter for me personally, Eazy E went to the Giants. I am a Saints fan thru and thru but the Giants were my NFL team for several years before the Saints became a team in 67. Even though they dropped to second place in my heart, I never quit pulling for them. That love of the Giants got kicked up a few notches when they got Eli Manning running the offense. I have shopped many times at Eli's grandaddy's general store. So, all in all, it was a dream come true for a young man that I really like and admire (especially his personality and humble ways) to go in the first round to my second favorite team in the league.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So nice to hear about good kids like this.
    Congrats to you and your crew for the good news regarding this young man! :thumbsup:

Hopefully his positive off-the-field demeanor/character is contagious! :D

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crambone

Crambone Gnaeus Pompey Magnus

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And on the other end of the spectrum.........

Bears fans

4. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing I know about The Grove is what they mention in the movie "The Blind Side"

5. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you in bringing this to our attention! We often follow the media's lead in spotlighting the alleged rapists, abusers and drug-users. There's a LOT of good, hard-working kids that make it to professional sports and they're journey should be applauded.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Giants fan this is great to hear - thank yo for sharing that!

8. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saintpauljeff,I hope you can come to The Grove someday. The Travel Channel did a show that rated it the number one tailgating spot in America. I actually got interviewed for that show when they asked me to sum up The Grove in one sentence and I replied "The Grove is 100 year old oak trees surrounded by 20 year old beautiful women". They used that 20 second clip as their opening clip. Sports Illustrated called The Grove : The Mecca of Tailgating. Southern Living rated it the #1 college tailgating experience in the South If you ever make it there, look for The Lauderdale Rebel Club. It is distinguished by a 6 ft. inflatable shark flying over our tents. We love nothing more than welcoming new people and especially fans from the visiting teams.

9. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sums it up! The Grove is definitely one of the coolest traditions in the SEC. I'm an Auburn fan, but I think the hospitality experienced at so many of the SEC schools is what makes the SEC the best conference out there. Our fan bases (minus the few outliers each base has) are second to none.

10. RebelDiceMan

RebelDiceMan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey rcc4au, if you make it up to Oxford this fall, I hope you can drop by our tents. We are especially fond of Auburn people. My "brother from a different mother" is even married to an Auburn girl. They live in Clanton. We set up in pretty much the same spot every year so give me a shout-out and I will tell you how to find us.

11. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure I'll be able to do the trip to Oxford this year. I'm working on my PhD, so that dictates my life. I know Clanton well. My grandfather was born and raised there and much of that side of the family still lives there.

If I make it to Oxford, I'll definitely look you up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.