1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Early Check-in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Trailer666, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trailer666

Trailer666 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be staying at the MGM in June and decided because I arrive so early that I would pay for the early check-in. I was wondering how early can you check-in. Noon? 1pm ?
    Thank you in advance.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on room availability. If the hotel is full and very few checkouts it might be a problem. If they are half full from the night before with lots of empty rooms, you might get in much earlier. We have checked in mid morning before without a problem... okay a little problem. The checkin line and process at MGM can be challenging at times.

If you have already PAID for early checkin, you should be in pretty good shape. If you have not paid, see the first paragraph. We have never paid and always take our chances. For those times when rooms were not available, we just dropped our bags and did what we would be doing anyways - drink!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

MGM says the paid fee applies to check-ins prior to 1pm. (Q: when can I check in and out? https://www.mgmgrand.com/en/faq.html)

I have shown up at Mirage at 9am before to check in without paying fee - no rooms then but they texted- think we had it by 11:30am. That was two years ago, there is a consensus of more nickel and diming recently so ymmv. I had coworkers show up at MGM for a conference at 12:30 in February of this year and they didn't get their rooms until 4ish.

4. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I showed up at luxor around 11:30 am did not pay for early check in. I did the $20 trick and got an upgraded room and the lady did not mention anything about the early check in.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it's a weekday there's a lot more flexibility. Later in the week not so much

6. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't pay the fee unless you really need the room for some reason

Just go try to check in early and do the $20 trick to score early check in along with an upgrade

7. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I check in early at the MGM all the time... I've found they're one of the better hotels about checking in early, but YMMV.

I think they tried to charge me for early check in only one time a couple years ago. I bitched a little and the check in guy backed down.

8. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody experience early checkin at NYNY? Similar to MGM?

9. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, NYNY is my second most stayed-at hotel behind MGM.

I've never had a problem with early check in at NYNY. I do use the Invited Guest check in so that could have something to do with it.

10. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! The earliest I've ever arrived at NYNY is around 4:00 or 5:00pm

I did stay at MGM once and it was around 10:30am. They just texted us when the room was available and we returned shortly after that to complete the check-in.

11. AndyGator

AndyGator Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hotel hopping from NYNY to Aria on an upcoming stay. I noticed online, Aria's $30 is for a guaranteed check in before noon. So I'm thinking as long as I can stretch out my NYNY checkout to around noon I should be able to check in at Aria without forking over the extra $30. Hopefully being Gold will help.

12. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last several trips to Aria have gotten me in before noon. I have never had to pay the early check in fee. Sometimes room has been ready for me other times not. I will tend to wait for a higher floor as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.