1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A couple Vdara questions

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by TRN, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking of staying at Vdara on an upcoming trip and had a few questions. I am specifically looking at some of the larger suites.
    • The suites with the stacked washer/dryer - does Vdara give you (or sell) the detergent soap? Would like to avoid packing that if I can. And if I have to buy it at a drug store once I arrive I probably will leave most of it behind (I may wash clothes once or twice max).
    • Same question as above, for the dishwasher.
    • The suites with the mini kitchens - does Vdara give you or rent the kitchen utensils / bowls / plates / etc?
    • Just curious... any idea what kind of vehicle they pick you up in if the suite comes with the complimentary airport transportation?
    Thanks,
    TRN

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do not remember laundry soap. You can easily put a pod or two, or small baggie with powder stuff from home in suitcase. We have done that, but still did not do wash. Pretty sure there was dishwasher stuff.

3. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have direct experience, but I've been researching a stay there and I've heard that the kitchen utensils are available on request (free), and the airport vehicles are standard airport black cars-- Cadillac, Lincoln, etc.

EDC
  4. kansaisupra

kansaisupra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • The suites with the stacked washer/dryer - does Vdara give you (or sell) the detergent soap? Would like to avoid packing that if I can. And if I have to buy it at a drug store once I arrive I probably will leave most of it behind (I may wash clothes once or twice max).
    • Same question as above, for the dishwasher.
    • The suites with the mini kitchens - does Vdara give you or rent the kitchen utensils / bowls / plates / etc?
    • Just curious... any idea what kind of vehicle they pick you up in if the suite comes with the complimentary airport transportation?

Not sure about detergent or dishwasher soap but I am sure you can get some downstairs from the hotel. If not, I would just pack a small little sample pack. Like trial size.

The suites do come with pots and pans. At least in my corner suite they did. They are already in the shelves.

Complimentary transportation. Never been that lucky...=)

5. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @TRN - Stayed at Vdara many times in Executive Corner Suites. They do offer complimentary laundry detergent packets and fabric softener sheets. If you plan on doing multiple loads, just ask housekeeping for more laundry packets. For the dishwasher, they offer complimentary pods as well. Both the laundry packets and dishwasher pods were found in the drawers in the kitchen. Again, if they aren't there or you need more - just ask housekeeping as they have tons on their carts. They've always had kitchen utensils, bowls/plates, cups and wine glasses (with wine openers). If they don't, ask housekeeping as they have it. They also give you bottled water and k-cups for the Keurig coffee machines and there is a filtered water device in the refrigerator. For the limo, can't speak to that as I usually rent a car. Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Laostuh

Laostuh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I've stayed at Vdara plenty of times. The laundry detergent, dish soap, utensils in kitchen WILL NOT be in the room upon check-in. You will have to call down and request for them to bring it up. Free of charge but I obviously tip for them making that trek up to my room. Mandalay Bay tried to charge me $4.95 for a frickin fork. I told em that I'd use my fingers instead.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI - each of our carryons always have a corkscrew in each of them. Those little cheap ones that hotels sometimes give out. We also have a few sets of "takeout" utensils. Those little packets that have fork, knive, spoon, napkin etc. Never know when you might need them.

They stay in our bags for the next trip.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info everyone.

9. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have stayed in the room you've mentioned many times and Charlie gave you very accurate info above. Everything is in the room and if anything is missing they will be happy to run it up to you. Vdara is awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  10. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New FYI - each of our carryons always have a corkscrew in each of them. Those little cheap ones that hotels sometimes give out. We also have a few sets of "takeout" utensils. Those little packets that have fork, knive, spoon, napkin etc. Never know when you might need them.

They stay in our bags for the next trip.

That is a great idea. Never thought of that &will definitely use it. Love this site!

11. secretmachines

secretmachines Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure when you last stayed there, but that wasn't our experience in a panoramic suite this month.

No Keurig coffee machines any more, no crockery or cutlery but this can be requested.

We just by some detergent from CVS between Crystals and Monte Carlo for about $8.

12. dcrawf

dcrawf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in their Fountain View room 10 days ago. They now charge $20/night (seriously) for the privilege of the Keurig machine. Thanks, I'll walk to the Starbucks myself.

13. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must have gotten lucky then... Sorry the amenities weren't in your rooms @secretmachines and @dcrawf... And yes, they built a new Starbucks in Vdara which I prefer as well. Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn't just get lucky - I have stayed at Vdara many times (always in an Executive Corner Suite) and in the suites at Vdara they do supply everything you need but it must be requested. They do not leave it in the room waiting for the guest. You can call down and ask for laundry detergent (it is powder detergent in little packets), dryer sheets, dishwasher pods, dishwasher soap (mini bottles of Dawn dishwashing liquid for washing things by hand - and make sure you make it clear when you are asking for dishwasher pods and dishwashing liquid because many times I have received the wrong thing), sponges, cutlery, dishes and bowls, cutting boards, chef's knife, pots and pans - all of those things are available by request. The one thing I would recommend is that when you wash the dishes, put the utensils, pots, pans etc in the drawers and cupboards so housekeeping doesn't take them away. That is always what I do, just to be sure I don't have to call back down for them again.

As for the Keurig machines - Vdara took them out of the rooms toward the end of 2016 and they are now only available by request for a rental fee of something like $20 per day. It is cheaper to buy a small coffeemaker at CVS or Walgreens and buy coffee there too. It would be a lot more cost effective than renting a Keurig if you plan to stay several days. SInce Vdara has a stove you could even pack one of those metal percolators and just buy the coffee in Vegas.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone has pretty much answered your questions (aside from the last one).

I will add two cents regarding the dishwashing situation. Housekeeping will do your dishes for you when they clean the room / restock your cabinets with what you had.

When you call housekeeping for the dish ware / pots-pans / utensils, they always ask "for how many people?" I always say four even if it's two or three of us.

As far as transportation, I assume Vdara must have received some complaints, because there was a little bit of a stretch there where they stopped offering the 'complimentary' transportation service to and from McCarran if you booked a Hospitality, Loft or Penthouse (1 or 2 BR). They offered it for $50, but they went back to offering it this past Super Bowl trip when we stayed in the 2 BR Pent.

I stay at Vdara 80% of the trips, always in one of the above mentioned room types and there are two different car types:

1) Black Limo
    2) Gold Escalade

They need to start offering booze on there, but there will be water.

The above room types still have the Keurig machines in them.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.