1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp Drinks at Bar

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ttonetom, Mar 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttonetom

ttonetom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been a while. Have the bars been getting tighter on comp drinks while playing VP? (I'm thinking specifically of the bar by the sports book at the Mirage.) Thanks

2. Mrkitty

Mrkitty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was my last experience at the Mirage Sports Bar. As a little back round, I have been staying at the mirage 2-3 times a year since 2008. On the evening of Friday March 17th, I put a 150 bucks in a VP machine at the Sports Bar. Played for awhile, tried to get a third drink and had the 20 minute rule pulled on me.Long story short I took my money out of the machine and didn't go back. I did go talk to one of the bartenders that knew me and my playing habits. I ended up with an apology and a double. As for the management at the Mirage, consider my behavior modified. It's your loss. My advice to you is play in an area where the long time employees are working ( you can tell who they are). They will still take care of you, if your playing.

3. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the Mirage, as long as you have a card, and you are max betting VP (at quarters or dollars), you'll get drinks. I was max betting dollars ($5/spin) and was able to get drinks constantly. Did this on many different nights there with different bartenders, so different form Mrkitty's experience apparently, although I don't think I got 3 drinks in 20 minutes at any point, either.

4. VegasVic777

VegasVic777 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the Mirage have the little Red & Green lights on the back of the machine that you can't see that tells the bartender when he or she can or can't give you a drink?

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, that's just all bars at CET properties.

AFAIK the only bar at Mirage that does anything different is the Lobby Bar, which uses the ticket system.

6. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's the deal at the Cosmo now with the drink tickets while playing VP?

7. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have read a drink ticket comes out every 20ish minutes with consistent play at either quarters or dollars, not coin in dependent. I was playing dollars there a few weeks ago and 20 minutes sounds right.

Lady Gaga, Moorea Beach
    Anniversary trip
  8. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, at Cosmo when you first sit down they will comp you a drink. After that, the tickets come out every now and then. I can't say for sure it was 20 minutes, but "often enough". I was playing max quarters at a moderate pace and I always had a drink, and usually another ticket in hand. After a couple hours, I was pretty buzzed and had 2 extra tickets.

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's slightly coin-in dependent. If you don't have 20 points ($120 coin-in), I don't think a ticket will come out exactly at the 20 minute mark. Also if you take too long of a break, the clock will reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GA Redneck

GA Redneck Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 2 extra tickets... How long are they good for?

11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Cosmo, the tickets state on them that they are good for 2 hours after printing, but I've had the bartender tell me I could redeem them up to 24 hours after printing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. ttonetom

ttonetom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same for me. Not only did she pull the 20 minute rule but tried to take my second back when she thought I had quit playing. Screw 'em, the pools not that cool. Off strip, here we come.

13. ScottE

ScottE Roller!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most bars with VP I have not had a problem at. I typically wiill tip $2 a drink and that seems enough to keep the bartenders attentive.

As for Cosmo and the drink tickets, I have no complaints about the pace they are issued at. As well, my wife if a liquor drinker and finds Cosmo is a lot more accomodating in comping tof shelf booze.

14. Mrkitty

Mrkitty Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @ttonetom I was wondering... what time of the day did this happen to you?

15. ttonetom

ttonetom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Late afternoon, Wednesday. Blonde lady from Poland.

16. DAS4413

DAS4413 MIA

YOU ALL are getting a ROYAL SCREWING with the LIGHTS/TICKET system.

17. DAS4413

DAS4413 MIA

Just a side note. I was at the WESTGATE playing at the bars yes they have the Light System. Anything under max coins played you will NEVER receive any kind of drink which includes bottle water,soft drink,coffee,beers,liquor. Dont forget any type of game on the machine slots,video poker, keno all need MAX play.

18. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may be surprised but the bars at Venetian and Palazzo that have video poker/slot machines have neither a ticket system or light system. You can drink as much and as often as you want if you have money in the machine. Paytables aren't great but I seem to do well on DDB at Fusion and drink some amazing craft cocktails.

19. DAS4413

DAS4413 MIA

VENETIAN I was there last year played at the poker bar and YES they have the light system. But there you can receive a drink without playing max coins it just take a little longer. I was playing 2 coins my brother in law was playing max it took him about 20 min to get his drink mine about 40/50 min. WESTGATE your tongue will curl up before you get your comp drink. Did you ask the bartender about the light system maybe they took them out since i was there.

20. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stay there every trip. Never had a light system and never had any issue getting all drinks comped no matter how fast or slow I played. I am heading there again in 6 days but as far as I e noticed nothing has changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.