1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Renting a car at hotel vs airport

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bardolator, Apr 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody know how the rates and vehicle availability from a desk in a hotel compare to reserving on the internet and getting the car at the rental center?

I put this post where I wanted it and some well-meaning moderator moved it here. I put it where it was for a specific reason. It was a reply to someone who had made a suggestion that I felt had not been thought through. Thanks to those helpful posters who answered here. Now all we need to do is to get the people from the other thread to read this one.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of times I've rented from the hotel and it was pretty steep. But that was a few years ago when I didn't used to normally rent a car and we rented for a day or 2 on a whim. Now I rent every time and I just rent from the airport. I've never checked rates vs. hotel car rental for a week. Good question. The only way to know for sure is to go online and get a quote both ways.

3. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last April I found a dynamite weekly rate at the Westin (on Flamingo) Enterprise location. Well worth taking Uber to/from the airport to the Westin in that instance.

However, I've rented cars numerous times and usually the hassle of transportation to/from the local agency is not worth the savings.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  4. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always rent a car and have never found a better rate picking up at a hotel.

Once recently I did rent from Dollar picking up at their location on Swenson rather than at the airport. It was a $130 difference for a weekly rental picking up there and returning at the airport, less a cheap Uber ride.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few times I've rented cars at the hotels and then dropped them off at the airport.

However, Enterprise now imposes a fairly steep ($30 or so IIRC) "convenience fee" for doing just that, so I haven't done it recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.