$20 Planet Hollywood

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. robchimo

robchimo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in 6/5/15, $20 trick got me an upgrade from Hollywood Hip to Resort Room. Much larger room, two huge bay windows overlooking the Eiffel Tower and the Fountains.

3. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same result in late April. Only complaint was that I was at the beginning of the arm, right where it comes out from the main tower. But was definitely not a prob.

4. accord281

accord281 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check in 10/11/15, $20 got us upgraded from a Hip King to a Strip Suite. This room was larger than my last apartment. Also had a view of the fountain. Only drawback of these rooms is they are right in the middle of the building where the peak is, and the windows have a graphic over the outside, so the view was blurred somewhat.

5. jacmrose

jacmrose Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check in March 14th. Went up to youngish female with $20 sandwich. She immediately handed back the 20 dollars and said that they do not accept tips. Said ok and asked for a high floor. She said she would try her best and we ended up on the 7th floor. She must have been having a bad day, it was a Monday can't imagine it was too busy.

6. kathynew

kathynew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hollywood Hip to High Floor Fountain View

We were successful in November. We had booked 3 nights in a Hollywood Hip room. At check in I handed my ID and TR card to agent and while they were checking us in I pulled out a 20 and asked if a Fountain view was available. At first he said no, but then he disappeared to the back and came back and said he could do a comp upgrade to a High Floor Fountain View. He said it was a smoking optional room (we are not smokers) and said people aren't always smokers that stay in them and if it was too smokey we could switch back to a different room.
    We got into the room and there wasn't a hint of smoke smell in the room. Definitely a score. Probably the best view I've had so far.
    Certainly worth the $20 :)

7. Pistol

Pistol Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last trip to PH was last July and I handed my credit card with a $20 folded underneath and asked if he could upgrade me. He gave me a strip view room one floor below the penthouse.

8. vegasnutt

vegasnutt Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the $20 trick at PH back in January 2016. The gentleman saw it and said, "Oh! well thank you very much! Okay! Let's get you a nice room!" I was upgraded to a corner unit with a large bathroom that was bigger than some of the rooms I have stayed in. I was only there for one night, so that may have helped.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So for my trip in Septemeber I am currently comped a 2 queen resort room including comped resort fees. My question is if I were to try the $20 trick, what would be the next step up that would be possible with this trick? What should I asking or looking for? Or if there's nothing possible to upgrade to (outside of the panorama suites and up) then I'd like to know so I can save myself the trouble. Thanks!

10. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ultra Hip rooms are a step up. Newly remodeled this year.

11. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a $20 bill laying on the counter and asked for any complementary upgrades. Went from a strip hip to a resort room, fountain view. Not a huge upgrade, but he did waive the early check in fee, so a win.

12. 5betlight

5betlight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    9/15/16 checking in for 4 days booked a comped hip room. Id, $20,cc sandwich handed over i asked how nice the newly redone ultra hip rooms are?. And I tip well if you can find me any upgrades... smile....waited for 8 mins while she pounced the keyboard. I thought she was going to break it ahead was typing so quick.... got the ultra hip room upgrade. Worth every dollar! Much more modern and bright no dark woods and colors like the hip rooms.

13. WelshBlonde

WelshBlonde Wishing I was in Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Worked for me!

Checked in 25th Oct. I asked about the renovated rooms but unfortunatley they were all booked out. She allocated me a basic room (as paid for) and I handed her my 20 and the forms I had to sign. She then said thay if I didn't mind a room change she could upgrade me tomorrow for the remaining 8 nights to the next level up room, bigger size higher floor and bellagio fountain veiw. Im just waiting on the call today now to change :)

14. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a Hip King Room (fountain view) setup for Dec 28-Jan 1. What are the next bump ups for that? Never stayed at PH before, but I definitely wanted a fountain view room. With it being New Years I'm not holding out any hope or ideas...

15. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys,

Staying at PH in two weeks (April 11-14, Tuesday-Friday) and since it's a midweek, was curious what you guys think I could ask for as far as room upgrades go, and reasonably get with the $20 trick. I have a comp for the three nights and usually just ask for a strip view on a high floor, which they always give me (or did last time I stayed at PH in October 2015) and wanted to know if mid-week during a slow week such as this, if some sort of junior suite was plausible (and more importantly, which one)?

Thanks in advance!

16. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did the $20 trick and got bumped up to an Ultra-Hip (remodelled) Fountain View Room King Bed on the 28th floor. This was during New Years.

17. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that a discernible step above what they would give a normal comped person like me? I didn't know if a junior suite (if there even is such a thing) would be available for mid week, or if this is akin to it.
    I was thinking an Ultra Resort Room or Ultra Resort Vista Room but didn't know if that was realistic (there Tuesday-Friday).

18. Dynasty22

Dynasty22 Blackjack Connoisseur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @LandryBalla9 i honestly don't think you'll have any problems getting an upgrade

19. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's encouraging! if they do that I'll have some sort of weird, pseudo sense of loyalty and play pretty much exclusively at the double deck BJ table in PH the entire time. They always take me for a good bit of money so at least a nice upgrade would be "justification" haha. Enjoyed your recent TR btw Dynasty!

• Like Like x 1
  20. C-lo

C-lo Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New here to this site i will be going down to vegas in may for my anniversary and will bestaying at planet Hollywood was wondering if the 20$ trick works im nervous to try it