1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Arena - For a Concert - Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by blkshirt, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we got our taxes back and got a big fat refund! Now the wife wants to go and see Buffet at MGM on April 1. She's checking to see if she can take off work and all that fun stuff. I've never been inside MGM yet alone seen a show there. Anything we should know if we pull the trigger on this trip?

Cheap seats are back rows but I can't tell how bad of nosebleed seats they are.

Trying not to blow the whole thing on this trip as we will have our big trip in June....

TIA

2. beuhner

beuhner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had nosebleeds near the stage for a couple of shows there. They were fine. Not sure how the back of the arena is.

3. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how they decide to book an act into this arena instead of the newer T Mobile. Or perhaps T Mobile is booked that night

5. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We didn't end up booking the trip. Couldn't swing it with somebody to watch the kids.

6. 93 Octane

93 Octane Chief Bottle Washer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably a good thing, we caught Jimmy last year---i paid big money for excellent seats-- and he was awful..my fourth and last time ever to see him in concert

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen Buffett in concert since 1999 and I'm very happy about that. I'll keep the fond memories of my early 80s & 90s concerts and not have to deal with the raging party scene (and lesser Buffett vocals...) the current tours have become. Ah well. I still do have a craving to see him in Vegas....At 70, I have to wonder how much longer he'll do it. Heaven knows he doesn't need the money :) He's a FANTASTIC businessman....

8. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect the fee to book T Mobile is higher than the fee to book MGM

9. blkshirt

blkshirt High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw him a few years ago in a Cleveland. He was great. We are in our late 30s though so we can't compare to anything from the 80s.

My wife went to see a concert two summers ago and it was horrible she said. Can't remember who it was though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.