1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

United Bars Girls for Wearing Leggings

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Breeze147, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/united-bans-girls-domestic-flight-wearing-leggings-article-1.3009718

I, for one, am a dirty old man who very much enjoys seeing girls in leggings. I whisper a daily prayer for the guy who invented spandex. He should have won a Nobel Prize.

Yes, I look. I don't leer, but a quick glimpse is a nice pleasure. Granted, some women shouldn't go anywhere near the leggings rack, but even that provides amusement.

Sorry to the sensitive. Most men grab a quick glance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. starlight0229

starlight0229 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Except they haven't really banned leggings. The girls were flying on employee fares which have a dress code and always have. Regular paying passengers do not have the same restrictions.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  3. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come on people. The people involved were traveling on United employee benefits (non-revenue, free travel). The airline has specific dress code for all employees and guests that are non-revving. It is a privilege, not a right to fly on these benefits. If the company has a dress code for FREE travel, play by the rules.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They expect a certain standard from their employees, and their guests.

If you are a paying customer, they don't give a shit if you look like a slob, they just want that cash.

5. Jidery

Jidery Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By the way the girls in question were in their early teens. Just a heads up because your post can be taken the wrong way

6. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm old enough to remember when everybody dressed up to go to the airport and board a flight. Nowadays, there are some sights to be seen!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, this was non news as these young ladies were flying on the pass with a dress code. follow the rules if you want to fly free!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's interesting how many of the stories I have seen on TV fail to mention the employee fare thing. People just love to be "outraged" about stuff. When my cousin was an air traffic controller he flew for free but there was a dress code when he flew. If he didn't abide to the rule he wouldn't have been allowed to board.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Total non story. Must be a slow news day. Hope they get banned for a year or 2 of using employee perk. which was I presume family members

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing people wearing pajama pants to the airport annoys me....they are PAJAMA pants people.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seeing people wear pajama pants anywhere is a pet peeve of mine; you can dress comfortably without looking like you've just given up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. bwatson23

bwatson23 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bingo

13. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Breeze. I like leggings, especially where the legs go up and make an a$$ of themselves.

And as for PJ's outside.......no! It's a tiny step above the underwear showing low jeans look. But I'm allowed to wear PJ's out to my mail box. I don't even like sweatpants with elastic at the ankles.

14. deansrobinson

deansrobinson VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awritey.
    I'll see your "pajama pants anywhere" and raise you "at the office" and "giving a presentation". I'd have taken a photo had I thought I could get away with it.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen several males post that they have gotten these passes from United-employed family members, and were instructed to not wear jeans. Business casual is the required dress code.

This is a complete non-story that is being run with by the large faction of people on social media whose primary hobby is finding new things to be outraged about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess you are right. I just see the word leggings.[emoji851]

• Like Like x 2
  17. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I fly on long flights I like to wear comfortable long dresses or sports type jogging outfits. My flight to Vegas is only
    45 mins. so I dress up for my flight to Vegas. Since I travel Solo to Vegas I mostly take a limo with other visitors at the
    shared van shuttle price. They know me and the driver likes my company. lol.

18. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girls were 10 and 11.

Would you let your 10 and 11 year old daughters or grandkids dress in nothing but leggings?

19. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's how people are, now.

I love the "comfort" argument. "I want to be comfortable". You telling me that a pair of jeans and some tennies aren't comfortable? Bullshit!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found some old pictures of my grandfather way back in the day when he was with United, and I mean WAY back. He is in a three-piece suit, eating off china, and the stewardess was dressed like Jackie O. Other passengers were also so attired, women in hats, jewelry.

Things change, I'm cool with that. Maybe PJs are a stretch. But for every act that happens in public, someone will think it too ghetto and another too snob. When it comes to a plane I want those around me to: Have good hygiene, not be eating leftover kimchee for lunch, be sober and realize that there are 130 of us as equals in the airborne sausage can and there is no room for self-entitled princes or princesses in any of that. Oh, and just because your seat reclines doesn't mean you have to slam it back in an instant while I have a laptop and a drink on my tray.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.