1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Is there anything better than great first class service?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by cjcjcj, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not heading to Vegas but Sacramento from Chicago------ flying United first class. Excellent service. Great drinks served in an urgent matter.

Paid 150 for a one way upgrade on a cheap economy fare. WORTH EVERY PENNY

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to go to DTW in a few weeks and my boss told me to book my flight on Delta in 1st class and use our company credit card miles. You don't have to tell me twice! But, I'm flying with my sister so I told her how much her ticket would be for regular seating and I paid to bump her up to 1st. I didn't tell her, I thought I'd wait til we got to the airport to surprise her. I flew home from DTW in 1st class last summer the day they had their company wide computer outage, my flight was only delayed 45 minutes.
    Hubby and I flew United 1st a few years ago from AUS to Chicago, early a.m. flight but it's never too early for a Bloody Mary!

Happy birthday to me!
  3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy the multiple snacks provided in first class! :feedme:
    The extra elbow room is much appreciated, too!

RICHARD

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. I am flying to Vegas tomorrow, Delta 1st class. Being on a 5 hour flight from JFK to LAS the extra cost (which really wasn't THAT much) is totally worth it. The bigger seats, good drink service and the food (which is actually pretty good for airline food based on my last few trips) all make it worth it to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%, especially for long flights on vacation. The flight itself kicks off the vacation experience.

6. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually fly first but had an exceptional FA Charlotte to Las last May. Shortly after take off she stood in the front of the cabin, introduced herself and said she'd be around to get our lunch choice and what we'd like to drink. She said she will be coming around often to refill our drinks. If we don't want a refill to put a napkin over your glass. We had warm mixed nuts (American's staple), followed by lunch, warm cookies then snacks. She rarely sat down and I was feeling no pain when we landed but not hammered. I usually get good service, but this was off the charts. When I got home I wrote American an email singing her praises.

Doing Delta out and United back next time. I doubt they'll top that.

7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ezzy, that sounds like that was indeed an exceptional experience. Very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ItsVegasTime

ItsVegasTime Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying first for my first time on my upcoming trip. I'm pretty excited!

• Like Like x 2
  9. jmn3

jmn3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used some of the delta skymiles I earned on two trips to Europe for a FC trip to Vegas (from PIT via MSP) in 2015. Hands down the best flight experience I've ever had. The service was amazing, the seats are huge and much appreciated by my 6'5" large frame, the food was actually very good, and on and on.

Warning to other "regular" people like me who aren't going to be able to afford FC regularly, it WILL ruin you for your next flight(s) in coach.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally fly Allegiant out of Austin. They don't have a real 1st class, but they do have "giant" seats. They're basically 1st class seats. Leather, and larger than the normal ones. But, it is worth the extra money. Being able to recline, and use their foot rest is nice. Just wish I could get free booze. ;)

11. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree it's worth the $ or miles for the 'attentive' beverage service when headed out to LV, but for me, a bigger guy, the extra seat and leg room are a huge plus for getting there and not feeling stressed/compressed/etc. It lets me hit the ground running (literally) when I get there, instead of spending a few hours adjusting and decompressing from the 4-7 hours of flying I just endured.

12. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    US internal 1st Class is just a bigger seat, it's not really 1st class at all, no lie flat beds etc, not sure why anyone flying internally in the US would pay so much to upgrade for a couple of hours or even get excited about it, JMHO!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Certainly better than "cattle class" but yes doesnt even come close to international service.

The monetization of first class has become more apparent in recent years. Its no longer such a big difference for domestic at least that the middle class can afford it.

Worth it to me IMO when its no more than 2 to 2.5x a coach fare. Factor in the no checked bag fees and priority screening and bags, and of course the drinks and bigger seat its all good!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a few specific transcontinental flights with lie flat seats, as well as some Hawaii routes. This August flying united first IAD to HNL will have lie flat, and coming home doing American back from HNl through DFW with lie flat on that segment. Not true international first, but a lot closer.

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Five and one half hours from PHL to LAS with bad knees makes it worth it.I need to stretch them frequently due to multiple injures and surgeries.
    Last year did one trip where I did not upgrade.Person in front of me fully reclined the entire trip.
    Their seat was in contact with my legs the entire trip. There was frequent turbulence so could not get up and stretch very often.Quite uncomfortable!

16. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, to a very good extent, but it ain't priced like Emirates, either. To each his or her own. Why Vegas? Why Prime beef? Why slots not single-deck blackjack? Ginger or Mary Ann?

Love FC to and from the islands.

17. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree 100%. Just bought my first class flights to Vegas for April and it's worth every penny of the $3K it costs us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can sometimes find lie flat bed seats on United from EWR to LAS on a nonstop flight on their 757-200's. That's a nice way to travel.

19. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First of all it is not just a bigger seat. In addition to a bigger seat it is: priority check-in, priority at security, priority boarding, priority luggage off the plane, no baggage fees, getting off of the plane first, a real meal on the plane, free drinks and plenty of them, attentive flight attendants, free pillow and blankets, a bottle of water at your seat when you board the plane, hot towels after you take off, free snacks in addition to the meal. I am sure there are other things that are better but that is off of the top of my head.

And it isn't "SO MUCH" more as you say. I don't remember exactly what the difference was on my flights to Vegas last week but for sure it was much less than 2x the cost.

These all may or may not be worth it to many people. They are to me, at least some of them anyway.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, and if you don't value those things fine. But based on your post it seems like you dismissed it as a waste without really knowing all of the facts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not exactly first class, but the big front seat on Spirit is a bargain imho. My last 5 flights from PHL to LAS were all on Spirit in the big front seat. It's an extra $50 per person each way. Of course your only getting the seat and not the service, but it's similar to domestic first class seats including the leg room. Personally I would pay 2-3 the amount on a first class seat. Would rather spend it on a nicer hotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.